Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface How we plan to improve ForumBuildr!

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

SuperPsyche Posted:

Instead of -5 and gone would it be possible for submissions to get nuked at the rollover, and then -5 and lower go away? Might help protect submissions some from the folks who downvote everything that isn’t theirs.

I’ve submitted a few suggestions like this.

Two-Phase Forumbuildr Voting (Thread)

24-Hour Submission Minimum Lifetime (Thread)

To be fair, gdap basically posted the idea for the last one here, which I quoted in my post. This was after my suggestion for two-phase voting, but it’s a lot simpler.

Corion edited this message on 03/24/2008 12:58PM

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

With the forum builder scores, is there any real reason any one besides the idea creator needs to see it?

Because with out the scores there would be no reason to copy ideas, but if someone wants to update their idea, there should be a way to do that also.

Also someone mentioned adding or taking away voting power based on how you vote, compared to if the idea pbumes or fails.

Along with the above idea people can not just boost up their voting power by picking out the ones that they know the score too through use of multis

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

JThizz Posted:

With the forum builder scores, is there any real reason any one besides the idea creator needs to see it?

I think this is a very good point. Seeing the current score of a given submission does nothing more than unduly influence people’s preferences.

Stupid Magpie

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

+1

EDIT:

It is good to be able to check the submissions-by-score and see where your own efforts are, however. Maybe keep an indication of the rank of your submissions visible along with your votes accrued – and publish the scores for the submissions that make it into the forum, for a week or so?

I’m torn between looking forward to a surprise as to which forum makes it, and having a fair idea by Friday and having the chance to work up a logo for the leading candidate, if I was feeling artistic.

Stupid Magpie edited this message on 03/27/2008 2:23PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!