Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface How we plan to improve ForumBuildr!

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Why is there even a downvote option?

Personally, I think that every user should be able to give one forum idea a week. All submissions have to be in by a given time (like Wednesday night or something) and the voting begins. Everyone is given 3 votes, and they can only vote for each forum one time (that way someone can’t vote 3 times for their own idea). That way the good ideas are seen, no downvoting, and it is a fairer process.

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

So, am I the only one who really likes the voting system in place? Really, I think the only unfair part is the ridiculous amount of chocolate scoops the creator of a winning forums gets.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Yes, chocolate scoops are too easy to get compared to the others.

I think the current system is a little off because you essentially get two votes per item – a downvote on all opposing items and an upvote for the one you like – it’s just kinda weird.

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Scoops is easy to fix. Make it every 10 positives instead of every five. Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Cyberface207 Posted:

Scoops is easy to fix. Make it every 10 positives instead of every five. Log in to see images!

Says the player with 19 Chocolate scoops. After being “The bumhole”d for 10 of them.

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I won most and fave flava on Wednesday with somewhere in the area of 47 chocolate scoops (and one pistachio Log in to see images! Cyberface207 edited this message on 03/08/2008 4:15AM

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

One idea is to cap the number of scoops you can get per (something). Possibilities for (something) are:

1. week

2. day

3. submission

4. category

5. combination of the above

More debate would be required for me to take a stance on any of those options though. Anyways the idea is if you submit a reasonable amount you get rewards, but after a point you would be submitting solely for contribution or for fun. Obviously this “point” is up to the wizards holding all the statistics. >_>

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Cyberface207 Posted:

I won most and fave flava on Wednesday with somewhere in the area of 47 chocolate scoops (and one pistachio Log in to see images!

Yeah, I agree. Last week, I ended up getting over 30-40 Chocolate Scoops, which helped me to get Most, Favorite, AND Min. Scoops.

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Skyreal Posted:

One idea is to cap the number of scoops you can get per (something). Possibilities for (something) are:

1. week

2. day

3. submission

4. category

5. combination of the above

More debate would be required for me to take a stance on any of those options though. Anyways the idea is if you submit a reasonable amount you get rewards, but after a point you would be submitting solely for contribution or for fun. Obviously this “point” is up to the wizards holding all the statistics. >_>

I would say per category per week. Max of 10 from forum idea submissions, and a lower max for everything else in descending order of value. Also, raise the number of upvotes required to get a scoop.

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Because the scoops and forumbuildr are tied together, you can’t reduce the incentive to vote too much, though, or else you’ll get so few votes that no one will get scoops, and essentially a vicious cycle will start that would render forumbuildr useless.

Razzlesnaff

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I must say, the first paragraph made me laugh rather hard.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Hey man, I feel your pain. I’m supposed to be the creative director of Forumwarz and ****s vote my **** down too, often with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Let’s see how this pans out. We’ll also try to keep track of the “Negative Nellies” better, and discount their votes.

As an admin, I’m tempted to revive some of the obviously good user subs from the dead, but that’s a lot of work. I guess the competitive aspect of this makes people act like jerk-offs.

In the future we plan to have more truly collaborative and not so competitive forums (Klan-based, pool-based, etc), but for now we’re relying on the herd mentality. The forums that emerge are still pretty gold, you gotta admit!

****s voting your **** down? I say instant bans for those ****s! Unless I happen to be one of those ****s.

Anyway, as far as an admin reviving a submission, I have no problem with it. If an admin is going to take some time out of their day for that, it was probably a really good submission.

On the subject of Copy Cats; We all can agree having someone copy your idea is infuriating, and then to have people start voting your idea down thing you’re the copy cat is rage inspiring.

But it’s perfectly reasonable that someone would come up with the same exact idea. Especially if it is something popular; Digg, #chan, ebay, dating sites and so on. I don’t think a copy cat bumon would work though, I would imagine people would abuse it.

Klan Up/Down Voting takes some of the fun out of Forumbuildr. Having the ability to instantaneously bring an idea to the most up votes, and also being able to one shot ideas sucks.

I personally think that taking away the possibility of Klan members voting for another members submission is unfair.

But something needs to be done about it. It can seriously be unbalancing.

Razzlesnaff edited this message on 03/08/2008 10:24PM

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Razzlesnaff Posted:

I personally think that taking away the possibility of Klan members voting for another members submission is unfair.

I agree. bumuming clans are formed by like-minded people, anyway, it’s very likely people would create ideas that others in their clan would want to upvote anyway.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Hey man, I feel your pain. I’m supposed to be the creative director of Forumwarz and ****s vote my **** down too, often with no apparent rhyme or reason.

Let’s see how this pans out. We’ll also try to keep track of the “Negative Nellies” better, and discount their votes.

As an admin, I’m tempted to revive some of the obviously good user subs from the dead, but that’s a lot of work. I guess the competitive aspect of this makes people act like jerk-offs.

In the future we plan to have more truly collaborative and not so competitive forums (Klan-based, pool-based, etc), but for now we’re relying on the herd mentality. The forums that emerge are still pretty gold, you gotta admit!

How about we alter the rules so, if one of your forum ideas gets -5’d, you can submit another. (As in, change the limit to three ACTIVE submissions, not total)?

Cyberface207 edited this message on 03/09/2008 12:17AM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I didn’t get too much time to implement all the ideas we talked about in this thread, but a few are in place for next week.

Everyone has a ForumBuildr score now. You can see it on your profile, and as you browse forumbuildr. Everyone is starting with the same score, 0. We will update it weekly, based on how you did.

Your score limits how many submissions you can make in a week. It’s set to 7 right now, which is based on an average amount of submissions users make in a given week. The number isn’t set in stone — we will probably revise it as time goes on to find the ideal amount.

There is now a “Pbum” option when voting. If you pbum, it will be considered “Voted” yet you will not have changed the score in any way.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

****, I didn’t know it meant my submission total was 7.

Can we please add @medium for artistic medium? Log in to see images!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Evil Trout Posted:

Your score limits how many submissions you can make in a week. It’s set to 7 right now, which is based on an average amount of submissions users make in a given week. The number isn’t set in stone — we will probably revise it as time goes on to find the ideal amount.

There is now a “Pbum” option when voting. If you pbum, it will be considered “Voted” yet you will not have changed the score in any way.

Is that total submissions across all groups, or per category?

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

So 7 is the total submissions.

Regardless of category?

Lucid Lulu

[The Ghebbernauts]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Total, mayne.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

It’s total, across all categories. Everything counts towards the total, even forum ideas.

curufeanor

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Gah. I was waiting all week for today Log in to see images!

Also. I think it’d be good if enemies were half priced or something. They’re just a picture and a name.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Liking the new system, but I think 10 might be a better number than 7. I’m in the same boat- had all kinds of rad ideas and hit the limit way too soon. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!