Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Stop the dragons

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

This is in srs business because otherwise it’ll just be a thread full of dragons. It’s a srs issue, and I’m sure as hell not joking or trying to troll anyone.

It’s annoying. It has completely consumed rp. Nothing else even gets posted anymore. If you ignore this, or say it’s just a rp topic, a lot of people are going to leave FWZ eventually. I’ve noticed people post a lot less in rp nowadays.

fred0cipriano

Level 18 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

draggons = ghey!

Judge-Bot 30-

Avatar: 65677 Wed Oct 15 23:22:21 -0400 2008

[Troll Ambulance Mu-
fasa
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Surprisingly good post that I agree with

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

even though I am a major dragon poster, this is actually true. A lot of threads have disappeared from overposts on dragon threads. Even when people actually post something in RP, it gets spammed with dragons. I have acknowledged that I have a problem with dragons in this thread.

http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/26220-i-have-an-addiction

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

fred0cipriano Posted:

draggons = ghey!

No, dragOnS are cool. DragInZ are ghey.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Although I agree draginz are stupid and annoying, I doubt people will leave FW solely because of them.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I see nothing wrong with:

1) Making dragon threads.

2) Posting dragons in dragon threads.

I personally take issue with:

1) Posting dragons in random, unrelated threads.

I certainly don’t think there should be a rule about it, as the very point of RP forums is that they allow things that no sensible, functional, pleasant-to-be-in forum would allow, but I do think that a lot of dragon posters should try to scale back and not post dragons in threads that aren’t actually about dragons.

At the same time though, a lot of this could be said about people who spam anything unrelated to the point of a thread in order to try to derail the thread. Ideally, everybody would stop doing that, whatever it is they’re spamming. We can’t have a rule about it, but it would be better for everybody if those who are guilty of it just stopped. As a general rule, people in RP should be more concerned with “making threads that are funny” or “continuing the funny that was imbued in the thread (intentionally or not) by the OP” than “ruining threads for fun or profit.” Not that this isn’t a game about ruining forums, but that it’s a lot funnier if people prefer constructive humor to destructive humor.

I mean, the thread about “Poor Little White Trout”? That’s hilarious. But spamming that cover image just randomly into whatever thread you don’t like? Not even 1/100th as funny.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 02/08/2009 11:33PM

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Yeah, but at least when people post random pictures there’s some variety there. I don’t mind that at all. After viewing dragons about 100 times they’ve worn out any and all possible funniness (not that they were ever funny).

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Celerysteve Posted:

Yeah, but at least when people post random pictures there’s some variety there. I don’t mind that at all. After viewing dragons about 100 times they’ve worn out any and all possible funniness (not that they were ever funny).

But is posting random pictures of anything non-topical ever funny at all? I’ve never been amused by it. I don’t honestly think that it amuses anybody other than the person who does it. At the very least, nobody makes a single post of dragons require scrolling down several pages to get to the next post, entirely unlike your average dragon post which takes up about six lines, or zero if you use adblock.

I think having to scroll past random unfunny pictures forever is much more annoying than seeing the same random unfunny pictures over and over again.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I feel your pain, Celerysteve, but it’s not the draginz that are causing the drop in good posts lately.

I’m not sure what is, but you can rest bumured it’s not because of the draginz.

Viktor_Freeh-
and

Avatar: 103484 Mon Jan 05 22:49:16 -0500 2009

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

I was just bumuming it was me. Everything seems to die as soon as I start enjoying it.

...So, sorry?...

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Dragons are annoying at first but eventually I just stopped caring.

The reason why flamebate is getting boring cannot be reasonably pinned on people posting dragons; there are several complex reasons, not the least of which is that individuals are getting bored and jaded because they’ve seen it all before.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Dragons were meant to be fun at first, but when I noticed they ****ed off many bad posters I knew that was the way to go Log in to see images!

BarneynPenorz

Level 47 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

draginz > crelystve

MOD EDIT: User warned for this troll.

BarneynPenorz was banned for this post by Evil Trout

BarneynPenorz edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

quangntenemy Posted:

Dragons were meant to be fun at first, but when I noticed they ****ed off many bad posters I knew that was the way to go Log in to see images!

This. At the beginning of draginzmania, I didn’t really care about them and was posting them BECAUSE I thought they were stupid and was making fun of people who posted them in earnest, but when I noticed the mbumive bumhurt my posting these things caused, I knew it was true love.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Fingerz Posted:

I feel your pain, Celerysteve, but it’s not the draginz that are causing the drop in good posts lately.

I’m not sure what is, but you can rest bumured it’s not because of the draginz.

I am pretty sure that draginz are one of the reasons why people post less in the RP forums – and why the quality of the posts is decreasing rapidly. I’ve heard something along the lines of “why bother to create funny threads if they just get spammed with draginz anyway” from various decent posters (... and it’s true). I’m not saying that draginz are the only reason for the downfall of Flamebate (actually the quality is decreasing since ages), but saying that there is no relation at all is just wrong.

I mean, why even argue about it. It has to affect Flamebate if a significant amount of the time you spend there is wasted on scrolling through draginz or accidentally clicking on threads filled with draginz.

However… the draginz are actually not the core of the problem. So what would happen if you block all dragcave.net images? People would just start spamming something else. What needs to happen is that people simply lose the interest to spam them, trying to force something won’t help.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I have to agree with Falcon. It’s not really worth trying to be funny or witty anymore, since all you’ll see is draginz spam (and for us who use AdBlock, blank posts). It’s not worth trying to post cool stuff. I have to post my cool stuff on Meme Factory because I know it will be ****ted up with draginz if I even get near RP.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

The thing is, I’m just not convinced that the dip in quality in the RP forums isn’t just either “the natural ebb and flow of forums” or “it’s a miracle that the RP forums didn’t become absolute **** earlier.” It seems to me that the very nature of this game and the very nature of the RP forums in this game sets up RP forums that really aren’t supposed to be fun or interesting. That they were ever fun or interesting, I consider a small miracle.

That being said, however bad they are now, they will probably get better. But I have to say the thing about “threads get spammed with ****ty non-topical image posts” thing really does predate Dragons by quite a bit. It may be at an all-time high, but it will start ebbing once people get bored with it.

It strikes me that the RP forums were never actually intended to be the highlight of flamebate. They seem to be more for the purpose of “No, you are not a troll, your character is a troll, if you insist on being a troll do so [here].” There’s nothing wrong with the other forums being more interesting and/or fun. I mean, there’s all sorts of fun to be had on the internet that doesn’t involve being a jackbum to real people.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 02/09/2009 1:15PM

Pony Express

Avatar: 23887 Wed Feb 04 13:47:04 -0500 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

MY bum HURTS BECAUSE I SHOVED THESE HEELS UP THERE AND NOW THEY ARE STUCK

This is the point where i would normally post dragons.

im just going to say, RP is pretty bad anyway. i think i spend way more time scrolling through nicco’s sig than i do scrolling through dragon posts. or the gay sex posts that go on and on and on.

or swastikas or goatse you get the drift.

i think that little crudely made dragons are much less annoying than distended bumes that are at this point completely devoid of shock value.

i also enjoy that people get upset over them.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

FalCoN Posted:

I’ve heard something along the lines of “why bother to create funny threads if they just get spammed with draginz anyway” from various decent posters (... and it’s true).

I can confirm this. Now and often I RP with alts, but all those threads will be just bombed with dragons.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!