Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing We need an option to delete stall messages.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Nillo Posted:

this true? If so, I support fixing that (but not what the OP is suggesting).

It’s true to an extent.

It shows your first 100 friends in an alphabetical order, and in order to delete people below the first 100, you’d need to delete friends until you can find the name of the person you want to delete.

MiaHo

Avatar: 120300 Tue Feb 03 16:52:59 -0500 2009

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

*signs*

I agree that there should be an option to do delete unwanted stall messages. Other sites I enjoy have this option.

MiaHo edited this message on 02/07/2009 6:12PM

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

do you also think we should be able to delete others posts in our threads?

because it sounds like the same thing to me

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

was Posted:

no

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

The price of whoring oneself out for the friend epeen, imho. You elected to not screen people, why should the admins have to code ‘fixes’ to make your life easier when they can instead be working on things that make the game as a whole better.

pieyum

Avatar: 104284 Thu Jan 22 21:59:47 -0500 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Imo who cares if people post stuff on your stall. If you don’t like it that much just post anything to get rid of it

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

It just doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. I wouldn’t care if my stall looked bad. Besides you can always just get rid of them by posting on your own stall. If it really bothers you, then maybe you’re own posts wouldn’t look as bad.

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

zigzagoon Posted:

do you also think we should be able to delete others posts in our threads?

because it sounds like the same thing to me

threads anyone sees and isn’t really personal. people are supposed to post in threads…

but our profile is actually about us. crap in our stall demean the person. it’d be trolling…

signed..

also, a stall is like a thread, right? only on the users personal page. and im pretty sure it’s not a rp stall/thread, so if they post crap on your stall/thread then could they get banned for trolling on a non-rp thread? cause your stall is basically your personal thread.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

You can also disable your stall.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Primary Argument

No. If you care what you’re stall says enough to want to delete posts, then you’re taking the game far too seriously. It’s a game about trolling, this kind of thing should be expected.

Secondary Argument, the RP

Alternately, no. If they take the time to post garbage in your stall, then you are getting attention and win. Deleting these posts takes away from all the attention you’re getting. Though this thread is p much all about the attention, borderline RP for the Camwhore OP and possibly trollbait. Cunning and elegant in design if it actually is trollbait, and in which case I request move to Whiny ****es. these last two sentences are for the lulz argument only, I don’t think Fran is actually role-playing in a non-RP forum

Tertiary Argument, the Mechanical

Additionally, still no. You have options available to you to fix the perceived problem, yet you want CZ to code additional options because you just don’t particularly like those already available. Granted, there seems to be a history here where this is what actually happens, so I don’t blame you at all for trying. +1 for effort.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Sneaky27 Posted:

these last two sentences are for the lulz argument only, I don’t think Fran is actually role-playing in a non-RP forum

I loathe trollbait threads, don’t worry you won’t see these from me.

But yeah, I see the arguments. Forget this thread.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Man, the ‘it may take work to do’ is always a cruddy argument for why not to request something. Performance, sure. That it’s a bad idea, sure. How dare you suggest they add something you find convenient? uh? Why bother sticking that into negative arguments? If it’s too much work for the team, they won’t do it.

I actually agree with Fran, under the ‘Why not?’ So what if a player takes it too seriously and wants to delete their own stall. That isn’t hurting anyone and if a player is boring, other players will go play with someone else. How stalls are used vary between the players and all and there’s no reason it hurts either of those two objectives. Heck, you could probably get some funny stuff by having the ability to mess around with the posts on your own stall.

Change the request to: The ability to delete, reorder, or edit things that get put on your stall and it becomes closer to a forumwarz messyboard, where people toss discussion, garbage, and other kinds of silliness…and others can mess around with it to make it say entirely different things. Which would be cool and all that in the context of a small personal section. Heck, converting the stalls INTO messyboards would be supercool, complete with giving the owner a ‘wipe’ privilege and all that. Log in to see images!

But the end all is really it’s a feature request that hurts nobody and solely makes folks who do take their stall too seriously happy. Oh, and it makes those who take putting grafitti on other people’s stalls too seriously unhappy. Hey, there’s a win too. The feature is going to punish those who take trolling too seriously. Man, I hardly would’ve thought of that without the ‘don’t do this because it only is liked by people taking it too seriously’ arguments.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!