Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business How I got haxx

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

my TM to Evil Trout Posted:

I’m crossing my fingers that this would be haxxploitation worthy.

Here’s what can happen. A character can start out as a non-cheater. pwn forums, gain a few levels, make some money, buy kyoubuy items and so on. Now that’s all well and good.

However, Kyoubuy items are delivered to the player via tubmail. Now uncheating deletes everything a character has, moar files and suchlike. Uncheating does not remove items attached to tubmails, though. So a player could play through to level 10 or so, make enough money to buy some decent auctions, then cheat the char, level up to 35, uncheat and collect their auctions. Or any storyline materials that arrive via TM. I did it with the Reilly O’Bill book; I earned it in the storyline but didn’t collect it from my tubmail until I had uncheated. This worked.

So, you can have cheater characters who can keep any items that they leave in tubmail past when they uncheat. Just letting you know.

This was my exploit. I encourage others to post theirs in this thread too.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Oh, wow, good thinking.

MaXiMaLhAcKZ-
oiD

Avatar: 109623 Sun Feb 22 12:57:43 -0500 2009

[Island of Avalon]

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Indeeed

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I actually can’t remember how I first got hax peen.

It might have been reporting Bizarro’s INCIT posting page.

I had it before the Flezz exploit but would have got it for that.

Something tells me I haven’t actually found my own unique exploit.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 02/04/2009 2:02PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Fortunato Posted:

This was my exploit. I encourage others to post theirs in this thread too.

Here’s hoping you get the E-Peen. This is very similar to the unbumembled .moar files exploit that Scully & I both reported.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Crap! I actually thought of this, but I didn’t do anything about it because I didn’t have the BP to test it and I didn’t think it was important.

the Remainder

Avatar: 98830 2009-10-13 03:06:01 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 27 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I had it before the Flezz exploit but would have got it for that.

Evil Trout Posted:

In other words, if you find something broken, then go crazy posting it on Flamebate or IDC, upsetting the economy and crashing the game to a halt, ]you won’t get the E-Peen™.

You shouldn’t have.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

the Remainder Posted:

You shouldn’t have.

He DIDN’T do any of those things, though. He hit the top of the flezz leaderboard testing it, but that didn’t actually have any tangible impact on FWZ aside from lulz being had.

Now, what DOES make those actions unworthy of peenage is the fact that the method he used was provided to him by a bug report from the player who actually found the exploit.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

He DIDN’T do any of those things, though. He hit the top of the flezz leaderboard testing it, but that didn’t actually have any tangible impact on FWZ aside from lulz being had.

Now, what DOES make those actions unworthy of peenage is the fact that the method he used was provided to him by a bug report from the player who actually found the exploit.

Well that, plus he didn’t need to top the Flezz leaderboard to prove the hack worked. That was the overuse, the very difference discussed here, between testing and abusing.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

It is cool to see what bugs have been out there, but people should remember not to post about an ongoing/unresolved situation.

momentumener-
gy

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I thought haxxploitation was for security issues as in hacker stuff.

if it’s for something like this I can point out a few exploits I’ve discovered myself.

brb TMing Evil Trout

the Remainder

Avatar: 98830 2009-10-13 03:06:01 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 27 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

He didn’t upset the economy?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

it didn’t upset the economy because it was before auction house. Tubs had no effect on anyone else other than leaderboard displacement for a couple days.

God if you want a good way to remind me of bumhurt, bring up this. Seriously it’s a gaping wound. I’m so ****ed i lost that leaderboard peen and already had hax. It was a really important accomplishment for me personally and i’ve got nothing more than a screenshot in my sig to prove it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!