Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Update on the Haxxploitation E-Peen(tm)

LRFLEW

[n00bs united]

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

How are we suppose to know if an exploit works if we don’t use it???

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Evil Trout Posted:

Generally if more than one person identifies an exploit, the first person to report it gets it.

Bummer. Oh well. Although, I’m pretty sure I was the first person to report to you the infinite Dom Card & Scoop bug a long while back.

I guess I’ll have to start thinking like a Sneaky McSneakerson to look for a new one!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

LRFLEW Posted:

How are we suppose to know if an exploit works if we don’t use it???

There’s a difference between testing and exploiting, imo.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Fortunato Posted:

I guess the compromise now is that you can either choose to abuse an exploit for lulz, or find out it works, exercise restraint and earn an epeen.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fortunato Posted:

This.

Mine came from a redirect opportunity I found. I put it into place, didn’t advertise it, then directed ET to it.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Fortunato Posted:

If you look at the TM Fortunato sent to ET to get his E-peen, he did take advantage of the exploit – exactly once. He could have just as easily done it dozens of times. This pretty well defines the difference.

Lylyth

Avatar: 46132 2015-08-09 07:16:00 -0400

Level 57 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

Fortunato Posted:

Very much agreed. Acid, you probably would have gotten the peen for the Dom card thing if you hadn’t tested it for 2 weeks straight. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Acid Flux Posted:

Bummer. Oh well. Although, I’m pretty sure I was the first person to report to you the infinite Dom Card & Scoop bug a long while back.

I guess I’ll have to start thinking like a Sneaky McSneakerson to look for a new one!

wouldn’t this be a bug?

Well now that I’ve asked, why don’t someone explain what the difference is between a bug and an exploit just so we can be clear.

edit: it’s not just any exploit is it? just security exploit.

Inertia edited this message on 02/05/2009 2:17AM

Lylyth

Avatar: 46132 2015-08-09 07:16:00 -0400

Level 57 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

To my understanding a bug is something odd that happens, but doesn’t have a major impact on the game. For example, during Episode 1 it was found that occasionally equipping /unequipping items for streaking would permanently alter stats. This was a big deal for an individual player, but really didn’t make a game impacting difference. When players reported the problem to ET he’d just manually fix the player stats.

An exploit, aside from the site security things, is something that has a serious impact on game play. Using the exploitable (something repeatable or ongoing) bug would give the user an overwhelming advantage over other players – for example the bug spacekadt(?) found where un-cheated characters could still receive deliveries.

Lylyth edited this message on 02/05/2009 2:26AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Liza Birdinopolis Posted:

for example the bug spacekadt(?) found where un-cheated characters could still receive deliveries.

is this an example of a deed worthy of haxploitation peen? it doesn’t sound very haxxor

Evil Trout Posted:

So, my new policy is to give 2BP per identified/fixed exploit to any player who already has the E-Peen™. This is to encourage continued good behavior.

Won’t this just encourage people to sell exploits for 30BP instead of reporting them?

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Good policy, but I highly doubt that I’m actually going to find anything >_>

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

I spent MONTHS trying to break this place just to get the peen. Now there’s brownies!?!?

Oh, it’s on.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Posted:

Won’t this just encourage people to sell exploits for 30BP instead of reporting them?

How would you sell something for 30BP when it’s only worth 2BP?

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Evil Trout Posted:

How would you sell something for 30BP when it’s only worth 2BP?

For the peen.

Za Warudo

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Maybe found a bug. Reported it to Evil Trout. (I don’t need e-peen lol , rather have the 2 bp Log in to see images!

A-Sat

Avatar: 126056 Wed Jun 03 21:38:37 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Me too. Found something whic MAY have been reported before… who knows? I tubmailed Evil Trout about it. I hope i get some BP.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Liza Birdinopolis Posted:

Very much agreed. Acid, you probably would have gotten the peen for the Dom card thing if you hadn’t tested it for 2 weeks straight. Log in to see images!

I know this is supposed to be a light-hearted comment, but let me clear the air about this.

I discovered the glitch, reported it, and got no response from ET. Then I spoke to my Klan Admin about the issue. When we realized that Arktor (another person in our Klan) had also discovered the glitch, we contacted ET again. No response. (Being on this side of the curtain, I can see why. A lot more happens behind the scenes that I would have ever thought).

That’s when KoLOL decided to stage the demonstration.

I didn’t ‘abuse the glitch for 2 weeks’ as some people had suggested around here, mainly because A) I don’t like cheaters & B) I didn’t want to get banned for something so stupid.

Seriously, if Arktor or I had wanted to abuse this, we could have milked it for months, making sure we won our brackets by only just a little bit. We staged the demonstration because repeated attempts to get ET to reply to us in regards to the glitch were fruitless. And once we did, it was fixed almost immediately. So, if you’re one of the people that are still upset about the ‘ruined week of Dom’, then I’m sorry. I think that we traded one very bad week of Dom to avoid months of potentially tainted Dom results. If it had been publicly discovered further down the road, then dozens of players that are legitimately very, very good at Domination would have been accused left & right of cheating, even if they had no idea that the glitch even existed.

And by the way, because there was such ‘controversy’, I specifically asked ET to remove the 4 medals that I’d won that week. I volunteered that on my own initiative. It was never about the Medals. It was about fixing a major & abusable problem. Just like recently, when zagerblag and I tested the multi-log in glitch that allowed for a LOT of shenanigans. Once again, people were so sure I was abusing the system, when I was actually doing white-hat testing approved by ET. Not for personal gain, but to make the site better.

MercWithMouth

Avatar: 150029 2009-09-15 13:35:36 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

Verbose and long-winded as always

Another Bug

Well, there’s one bug that’s been getting on my case.

When you try to do three periods:

Followed by a closed-parentheses:

)

very often, it will result in this:

Even though what you want is this:

...)

I think this is because the three-periods turns into an elipse:

for instance, the elipse at the end of this sentence…

And that elipse, when combined with the open parentheses, creates:

That which you see at the end of this sentence even though it should really be a closed parentheses…Log in to see images!

So… If you were to fix it… Mbum props.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

MercWithMouth Posted:

Another Bug

Well, there’s one bug that’s been getting on my case.

When you try to do three periods:

Followed by a closed-parentheses:

)

very often, it will result in this:

Even though what you want is this:

...)

I think this is because the three-periods turns into an elipse:

for instance, the elipse at the end of this sentence…

And that elipse, when combined with the open parentheses, creates:

That which you see at the end of this sentence even though it should really be a closed parentheses…Log in to see images!

So… If you were to fix it… Mbum props.

That may be a bug, but it’s not an exploit. It won’t do anything but annoy people trying to end parenthetical statements with punctuation.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!