Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Can we please move dom round end to the weekend?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

As to not interfere with daily activities in the real world.

School have started now and I found out that I will be in clbum during dom round end. I’m sure many people will be happy with this..

Saturday will be nice (sunday here)

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I hope that you are aware that there are significantly more people who would mind it if Domination round end would be on Saturday evening. Keep in mind that the majority of the players is American, so it’s obvious that a working day is better suited than the weekend.

Also there already is a plan to improve the Domination round end for us non-Americans (as you can read in the Domination Changes thread): It’s intended that the time of the round end will move for six hours every week. So that you have Dom round end at 3 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM, 9 PM. I definitely prefer this idea over moving Dom round end to another day.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

FalCoN Posted:

I definitely prefer this idea over moving Dom round end to another day.

This.

Also, stop whining.

BOOMER-CODE

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

FalCoN Posted:

I hope that you are aware that there are significantly more people who would mind it if Domination round end would be on Saturday evening. Keep in mind that the majority of the players is American, so it’s obvious that a working day is better suited than the weekend.

Amerifabulous person here and I do absolutely not see any benefit to having it on a weekday, and I would also much prefer it to be moved to a weekend. Could you elaborate on your idea of why Americans wouldn’t want it on a weekend?

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I usually work weekends so I’m against this, but I don’t dom too much so w/e

Also Saturday night: Most people are getting drunk, Sunday is Forumbuildr.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 02/03/2009 6:02AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Eh, I’d like to see it because I have work/clbum and Dom ends at midnight here.

I always save my stuff to see on which bracket I am so I always end up sleeping late on wednesdays XD

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Johnny Mac Posted:

Also Saturday night: Most people are getting drunk

This.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

I’d prefer if Domination and Forumbuildr had the same ending time, actually…

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Ricket Posted:

I’d prefer if Domination and Forumbuildr had the same ending time, actually…

This would be a really good idea.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

FalCoN Posted:

3 AM, 9 AM, 3 PM, 9 PM. I definitely prefer this idea over moving Dom round end to another day.

Actually those times would just about maximise the inconvenience for me.

2am – just possible, though I’d prefer it if dom ended at this time on Friday or Sunday rather than the middle of the week

8am – on a weekday, I’m at work at this time

2pm – working

8pm – bonus, I can participate in dom once every 4 weeks at a sociable hour

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Actually those times would just about maximise the inconvenience for me.

2am – just possible, though I’d prefer it if dom ended at this time on Friday or Sunday rather than the middle of the week

8am – on a weekday, I’m at work at this time

2pm – working

8pm – bonus, I can participate in dom once every 4 weeks at a sociable hour

Same here. I’ll be awake and not at work once a month. Log in to see images!

charlottesmu-
mmy

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Currently it ends at 3am here.

My clbum have just about learnt not to **** off miss on a Friday!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Has a time zone field for accounts been considered?

You put in your time zone for your account so the game can drop you into one of maybe four or five different doms that end at different times.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

I like that idea. I’m sure there are enough competitive players per time zone to do that too!

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Well, Sunday actually sounds like a decent alternative to Wednesday. Indeed it’s an advantage if Domination and forumbuildr end at the same time.

The time zone bracket idea sounds nice aswell, but at least the three top brackets should combine all time zones and have the proposed cycle.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Actually I can see several downsides.

As it currently stands, we have a major gameplay event twice a week. Buildr on Sunday, dom on Wednesday. Both, if done seriously, eat time after they finish. If you run both finishes at once, suddenly you have this simple problem: which do you do first after they both rollover? And how many hours to you end up committing to fwz on your Sunday night? Not to mention it would make the end-of-round server cluster**** even worse than it already is.

I like it the way it is now, honestly.

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

I’m actually pleased with domination ending on Wednesday. Although I agree the date and the time isn’t to advantageous to those whom don’t live in EST.

I know in the past there has been a theme where domination ended on a random time. Perhaps in order to distribute fairness to those whom are in different countries and timezones; domination ending time could alternate weekly. Not a random time, just a different time every other week (or maybe a series of 3 different times over the period of 3 weeks) in order to make it more fair.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

CreepPipe Posted:

Perhaps in order to distribute fairness to those whom are in different countries and timezones; domination ending time could alternate weekly. Not a random time, just a different time every other week (or maybe a series of 3 different times over the period of 3 weeks) in order to make it more fair.

BINGEBOT 2015 in the enhancements thread as an upcoming feature Posted:

Other changes

– Every week Domination End time rotates 9pm, 3am, 9am, 3pm EST

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

if you’re going to make it change time why not just make dom rounds 6 hours longer than a week? so each month it shifts days too.

or make it 18 hours longer than a week, so it shifts days every week.

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Please remember that those players with jobs and social lives often won’t be able to play on Friday and Saturday evenings. Those are the only days I can go out drinking without worrying that I’ve got work the next day.

The more important measure would be to change the times around so that it doesn’t always fall at such an anti-social hour for European players. At the moment, American players are at a huge advantage when the dom ending falls in the middle of the evening while European players would have to stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 AM (or later, the further East you go) to have any chance of playing on an even footing.

I very much liked the week when dom had a random ending time. How about doing that a little more regularly?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!