Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Give us more options for auction times

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Players are from different timezones, current options are not fair. Let us enter a number of hours in a box please.

Right now I can hardly use Kyoubai being Euro, the 12 hour option is too short and the other options mean my auctions end when activity is low.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Yeh, I agree.

I dunno how hard to implement it would be, but a choose your own length of time from 12-72 hours would be great

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Not any number of hours, but 12 hour increments would be fine.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Acid Flux Posted:

Not any number of hours, but 12 hour increments would be fine.

No, 12 hour increments would still disadvantage Euro players, especially those who can’t access their PC at 1-4am or 1-4pm when they would want to make listings. 6 hour increments at the least.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

No, 12 hour increments would still disadvantage Euro players, especially those who can’t access their PC at 1-4am or 1-4pm when they would want to make listings. 6 hour increments at the least.

Dude, I really don’t want to have to scroll through 12+ time increments when I’m listing my auctions.

Although… if we could preset our default auction times to whatever we wanted (within that 6 hour increment system), that might work. 95% of my auctions are set to 72 hours anyways, so this would streamline things a bit.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Although… if we could preset our default auction times to whatever we wanted (within that 6 hour increment system), that might work. 95% of my auctions are set to 72 hours anyways, so this would streamline things a bit.

Or have a combo list box, so you can select from a few preset options or type in the value you want.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I want to choose from 6 – 72 hours. That would be 12 time slots, still not too many.

Scarlett

Avatar: 36175 Tue Apr 07 09:46:48 -0400 2009

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Acid Flux Posted:

Dude, I really don’t want to have to scroll through 12+ time increments when I’m listing my auctions.

You think the entire Euro-base should have horrible options because you don’t want to scroll?

I too would love to see some of those in between times made available. Even if it only added 18 hour and 36 hours it would give some decent flexibility.

BarneynPenorz

Level 47 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

I have to agree, 6 – 12 hour auction time would be pretty convenient. Being in Asia means sometimes my auctions will end pretty much when there is basically little traffic and people on so I hope this gets implemented.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I want to choose from 6 – 72 hours. That would be 12 time slots, still not too many.

Agreed. I’m not overseas, but I work nights, so it would help me out a lot also.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Scarlett Posted:

You think the entire Euro-base should have horrible options because you don’t want to scroll?

I too would love to see some of those in between times made available. Even if it only added 18 hour and 36 hours it would give some decent flexibility.

Read what I said. I suggested 12 hour increments. There’s an 5-10 hour time difference between North America & Europe. Some people play in the morning, others play in the afternoon, and some play in the evening. If you think ‘prime time’ for the site is, say, 7-9 p.m. U.S. Pacific, and you live in Amsterdam, then simply list your auctions for 12, 36 or 60 Hours at 4-6 P.M. your time. The Auction will end during that ‘prime’ time over here.

If you think prime time is, say, 7 – 9 p.m. Eastern Pacific, then you’d list your auction between 1 – 3 p.m. over there, using the 12 hour increment.

Funny how I suggested two additional in-between times (36 & 60), and then you called my idea horrible, and then you proposed two slightly different in between times as ‘decent flexibility’?

What?

Seriously, the ‘Euro-Base’ is not being unfairly disadvantaged here. If the claim is that there is lower traffic overall during the Eurpean peak times, then that implies two things:

1) The majority of the playerbase is not European, and while their needs & requests are important, they are in the minority and will probably have to be a bit more patient. The larger percentage of a customer base gets their issues addressed first. That’s basic economics.

2) If traffic is so light during these times, then this means that the site probably runs more smoothly for them, and therefore, this is a definite advantage, especially if a European player is trying to be conservative with their time.

As far as my having to scroll through a bunch of different times, look at the compromise I proposed; being able to set your preferred default time. I prefer a 72 hour period for my auctions. If I was able to lock that as a default, then the additional times wouldn’t really bother me at all.

If you want your 4 hour increments, then what’s wrong with my default time lock-option?

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Acid Flux Posted:

Read what I said. I suggested 12 hour increments. There’s an 5-10 hour time difference between North America & Europe. Some people play in the morning, others play in the afternoon, and some play in the evening. If you think ‘prime time’ for the site is, say, 7-9 p.m. U.S. Pacific, and you live in Amsterdam, then simply list your auctions for 12, 36 or 60 Hours at 4-6 P.M. your time. The Auction will end during that ‘prime’ time over here.

If you think prime time is, say, 7 – 9 p.m. Eastern Pacific, then you’d list your auction between 1 – 3 p.m. over there, using the 12 hour increment.

Funny how I suggested two additional in-between times (36 & 60), and then you called my idea horrible, and then you proposed two slightly different in between times as ‘decent flexibility’?

What?

Seriously, the ‘Euro-Base’ is not being unfairly disadvantaged here. If the claim is that there is lower traffic overall during the Eurpean peak times, then that implies two things:

1) The majority of the playerbase is not European, and while their needs & requests are important, they are in the minority and will probably have to be a bit more patient. The larger percentage of a customer base gets their issues addressed first. That’s basic economics.

2) If traffic is so light during these times, then this means that the site probably runs more smoothly for them, and therefore, this is a definite advantage, especially if a European player is trying to be conservative with their time.

As far as my having to scroll through a bunch of different times, look at the compromise I proposed; being able to set your preferred default time. I prefer a 72 hour period for my auctions. If I was able to lock that as a default, then the additional times wouldn’t really bother me at all.

If you want your 4 hour increments, then what’s wrong with my default time lock-option?

bump

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Acid Flux Posted:

How about the user types in how long an auction lasts…

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

DarkDespair5 Posted:

How about the user types in how long an auction lasts…

The current reserve system is based off of multiples.

The reserve for a 72 hour round is 6x the the cost (bumuming same item/specifications) of a 12 hour round.

Typing numbers unnecessarily complicates this. 6 hour increments are fine.

Plus the shorter you allow auctions, the easier it is to “abuse” by letting fewer legit bids orr abuse reports in before the transfer happens.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Bumping this.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!