Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business To quest42, neona, acid flux, etc

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Is that actually profitable? spamming kyoubai with consumables? I would’ve thought the deposit for all the unsold/not meeting reserve ones would cancel out the profit gained from those sold.

Doctor Whom

Avatar: 90155 Sun Nov 23 20:45:54 -0500 2008

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I buy a lot of 5-htps from them, since it costs a lot less than buying them in the store.

And they seem to always need to be restocking them, so they must sell out fast.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

people use 5-htps?

you’re already level 35. Shouldn’t you be able to pwn anything without consumables?

I thought these are just for mid level guys

besides, synthol is much more economical?

Inertia edited this message on 01/31/2009 12:04AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Inertia Posted:

people use 5-htps?

you’re already level 35. Shouldn’t you be able to pwn anything without consumables?

I thought these are just for mid level guys

besides, synthol is much more economical?

Technically, Smileprins are more ‘economical’ when it comes to flezz cost per ego healed. But for a lot of forums, simply healing 250 Ego isn’t enough to counteract when the thread is hitting for 250+. I usually keep at least 10 on hand just in case.

Also, remember that 5-HTPs are not available in the Episode 1 stores. Anyone that has Flezz but no BP has to buy them in the Ppwn SHoppe or on Kyoubai. We could actually charge more than the base cost and they would still sell.

I’d personally like to see everyone listing them as But It Nows for the listed Base Cost, according to Kyoubai. The players without access to Episode Two are getting them as needed when they would otherwise have to hope they show up in the Ppwn Shoppe,and then they’re drastically overpriced. And the listed Base Cost is actually less than they would sell for anyways to anyone that has less than about 30 Frugality or so.

But even listing them at the discounted prices I am, I still turn a small profit. Plus, it gets my name out there, so that when they see my Community Ad, and realize they’d like to get some discounted Episode Two equipment, they shop at my store.

Even with people trying to undercut me, I still usually have to restock about half my store each day. The other ‘power sellers’ on Kyoubai should realize that Buy It Nows at a standardized price benefits everyone. When the average player would have to pay more than 1,000,000 flezz for a Nautical Star with Sparrow Tattoo in the Ppwn Shoppe, and would have to wait around, hoping it appears in the shoppe, then fighting over whether to sell them for 800K,750K or 700K is ludicrous. 800K is the base cost, so we should all simply list it at that price. If you want to offer a less expensive choice for the other players, then do what I do, and simply choose a good half-price substitute (like the Minstrel Music instead of a Tumorous Kidney).

Anyways, sorry for the tangent, but the answer is, yes, since I see virtually no failed auctions on 5-HTPs and other Ego buffs, I do see a profit. It’s not huge, but it’s still worth doing.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

oh

well, it’s just that sometimes I see a crowd of 5-htps or synthols in kyoubai (time left asc) list with prices well below the buyout price with a few minutes left and it’s like seeing the american economy falling apart, or cattle marching toward to slaughterhouse. Kinda sad, but also haha lol. But I guess I was just seeing the tip of the iceberg eh.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I also see very few returned 5-HTPs. It seems like, once they get to the front page, people are buying them up. And, that’s with reserves equal to the buy out, so all those auctions with bids are failures. Only buy outs take the goods.

Synthols and St. John’s Worts might be more economical, but I see those returned in the end much more often.

And, like Acid Flux said, even with the current 5-HTP ‘price wars’, I’m still virtually selling out regularly and constantly restocking them. Perhaps it’s the fact that they’re from Episode 2 stores, but I’m selling Smileprin XR and Smileprins pretty well, too, so it may just be that there’s enough players going through the early game, when every bit of Flezz counts, just using the opportunity provided to save some Flezz on the consumables they’re going to be using to get to 35.

Whatever the reason, I’m making plenty of Flezz, and I’m only selling the consumables (being a Permanoob and all).

guest42 edited this message on 01/31/2009 5:55AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!