Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Replace "Ability disabled for X more turns" with a pop-over instead of a Javascript prompt

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

It’s highly annoying to have speedrun times interrupted by clicking/pressing a bumon and have that pop up in your face, forcing you to respond to it. I’d much rather have some sort of pbumive notification that doesn’t interrupt.

Thoughts?

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

part of speed running is harnessing the skill of not clicking on a ability when it is disabled

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Tesfan Posted:

part of speed running is harnessing the skill of not clicking on a ability when it is disabled

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

If we’re going to talk about things to make speed running slightly less of a pain in the bum, could we make the clock stop after you’ve finished pwning the last thread, and not when you successfully click the “leave forum” bumon after you pwn the last thread? That’s the only part of the whole endeavor I need to use a mouse to do, and it always involves a few seconds of clumsily grabbing for the mouse and trying to click a bumon. I’ve failed speed jobs for this reason alone, and it makes me sad.

Or is “clumsily fumbling for the mouse at the end when you can do everything else with the keyboard” part of the skillset you need?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I just push “Return”.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Trust me, it’s when you pwn the last thread, not when you hit the bumon. I’ve done jobs and finished when it said Job Failed by a second or so and had it still give me the points.

The Girl Wit-
h Mad Skillz-
Yo

[Homosexual Goose M-
afiosi
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

That why using the keyboard is so much better. When I need to go to the next thread I press 1. And I also use the numpad for attacks. I don’t think it gives you that prompt if you press the bumon of an attack you’ve just used… the issue hasn’t come up.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!