Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Does Episode 2 still cost money?

PunkyGirl04

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I figured that by now EP2 would be free, figuring the loss in ad revenue from charging for an online web-game would cripple their revenue, but I can’t find any info about this. Does EP2 still cost money? If so, where/how do you buy it? And also, how is it that sites that offer tons of free games that seem to be more intricate and time consuming for the programmers seem to stay solvent via ad sales and this game can’t? If that’s the case, anyway! Log in to see images!

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Yes.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Crotch Zombie is effectively run and coded by a single person.

People don’t really pay him to advertise, he’s still trying to get the game noticed more. He’s spent a ton of time and effort on the game, so a measly $10 is hardly worth complaining about.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

All advertisements are not created equal.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Do you know what is worth complaining about?

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

PunkyGirl04 Posted:

I figured that by now EP2 would be free, figuring the loss in ad revenue from charging for an online web-game would cripple their revenue, but I can’t find any info about this. Does EP2 still cost money? If so, where/how do you buy it? And also, how is it that sites that offer tons of free games that seem to be more intricate and time consuming for the programmers seem to stay solvent via ad sales and this game can’t? If that’s the case, anyway! Log in to see images!

Most sites that offer tons of free games have produced zero of them. They’re simply portals where other people are offering their hobby work and taking a portion of all of their ad profits.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Episode 1 is still free so the traffic is still there so ad revenue should be normal?

Also, in before spoiled kids who buy ep 2 with their parent’s credit card.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

If you want Ep. 2 for free, win some contests or beg for BP. There are contests offering even more than 7 BP.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Bandaney Posted:

If you want Ep. 2 for free, win some contests or beg for BP. There are contests offering even more than 7 BP.

Thirteen BP available for doing little more than typing in your player name and sending me a friend request

Also: Log in to see images!, where there are a LOT of Contests where you can win BP.

Also: Log in to see images!

Lots of ways to get Episode Two for ‘free’.

Also: The Community Forums are free to play, & IIRC, you can still get past level 10 without buying Episode 2.

Also: You can buy a lot of the Episode Two Equipment in Kyoubai and certain reputable Storefronts

SeventyOne

Level 10 Hacker

“Ohacku”

I noticed myself that it still cost money long before I finished episode 1. Well, I finished episode 1 and it let me go onto episode 2, it seemed. I was confused, and now I can’t access anything at all within the game. That screams to be that I probably still need to buy it, but it sucks that I can’t do anything now. Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

SeventyOne Posted:

I noticed myself that it still cost money long before I finished episode 1. Well, I finished episode 1 and it let me go onto episode 2, it seemed. I was confused, and now I can’t access anything at all within the game. That screams to be that I probably still need to buy it, but it sucks that I can’t do anything now. Log in to see images!

Do you mean you can’t even go into any forums at all?

SeventyOne

Level 10 Hacker

“Ohacku”

Acid Flux Posted:

Do you mean you can’t even go into any forums at all?

Nope. I cannot access anything at all. I got a tubmail from the DSL provider, saying that my service was suspended, and when I go into my bookmarks, it says I have no internet and only the search engine is there.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

SeventyOne Posted:

Nope. I cannot access anything at all. I got a tubmail from the DSL provider, saying that my service was suspended, and when I go into my bookmarks, it says I have no internet and only the search engine is there.

try searching for something on sentrillion.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

I wonder if anyone you know is hanging around on sTalk.
Acid Flux edited this message on 01/30/2009 6:30PM

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

SeventyOne Posted:

Search something on Sentrillion, then check sTalk.

BOOMER-CODE

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

SeventyOne Posted:

Welcome to the ep1-2 hangup gap where ET makes people think they need to buy the game to continue. Much controversy over that, nothing being done about it.

Open Sentrillion and search for something. No spoiler tags needed because it’s not even a plot point.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Shii Posted:

a measly $10 is hardly worth complaining about.

agreed.

MiaHo

Avatar: 120300 Tue Feb 03 16:52:59 -0500 2009

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Acid Flux Posted:

Thirteen BP available for doing little more than typing in your player name and sending me a friend request

Also: Log in to see images!, where there are a LOT of Contests where you can win BP.

Also: Log in to see images!

Lots of ways to get Episode Two for ‘free’.

Also: The Community Forums are free to play, & IIRC, you can still get past level 10 without buying Episode 2.

Also: You can buy a lot of the Episode Two Equipment in Kyoubai and certain reputable Storefronts

I can’t afford to pay for it either, but I am entering in these contests, so I appreciate them!

Everybody gets lucky sometimes... right? Log in to see images!

sideshowMel

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

So… I got the TubMail and the Chat from the FBO… I’ve tried chatting with people on STalk…. I’ve been leveling up by taking Herschel’s jobs… But I have to admit I’m stumped. Do I need to purchase the game to proceed? I’m stuck.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!