Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News THIS WEEK: Domination Changes

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

**** update, but then again my dom wins are accidental streak wins

or should i say were

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

FalCoN Posted:

What would you think about allowing multiple klan raids to take place simultaneously? It seems that the new system makes this possible.

I have been considering this and have a ticket in the system for it to get done. That being said, I’m still not convinced that we should do it. Want to convince me? Log in to see images!

Would this mean that 20 people hold 12 forums or 20 people hold 24 forums?

At what point does the klan vanilla get distributed?

twas edited this message on 01/27/2009 11:07PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Again… these changes were announced months ago to avoid naysayers. These changes are happening. If you have issues, post in the ENHANCEMENT THREAD to prevent/provide input on future changes.

I’m freely available for discussion though TM, gTalk or otherwise. Let me know if you wish to provide feedback throughout the creative process and do not wish to post in a public thread. I actively talk directly with numerous members and klans to ensure that changes benefit everyone.

B2015

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

was Posted:

Would this mean that 20 people hold 12 forums or 20 people hold 24 forums?

At what point does the klan vanilla get distributed?

In theory it would be two groups of 10 people. Each group would need to own 12 different forums. bumuming that both raids would want to help each other then could, in theory have 11 anchor forums and toggle back and forth on a 12th. I’m not sure if this is a good idea, or bad idea yet Log in to see images!

In theory you could do that come Wednesday with two raids from different klans.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

In theory it would be two groups of 10 people. Each group would need to own 12 different forums. bumuming that both raids would want to help each other then could, in theory have 11 anchor forums and toggle back and forth on a 12th. I’m not sure if this is a good idea, or bad idea yet Log in to see images!

Sounds like a horrible idea to me, as a solo player. I was guessing the point of the change which limited participants to 10 was to make it harder for klan members to jump on the bandwagon and pick up free scoops. Each simultaneous raid adds another 10.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Sounds like a horrible idea to me, as a solo player. I was guessing the point of the change which limited participants to 10 was to make it harder for klan members to jump on the bandwagon and pick up free scoops. Each simultaneous raid adds another 10.

10 players who will be earning less scoops overall – unless someone has the agreement of their klannies to leech off their raids throughout the week, which will become part of the strategy and a trade-off. If too many players try to leech, there won’t be enough spots in the raids for alts with visits to use…

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I don’t actually see why multiple raids would need to be active. If 20 characters wanted to raid at the same time 10 of them can just form a temporary klan and then rejoin their main klan when the raid is finished. But if you all want to make things wicked more confusing with the need to keep track of which members actually hold which forums, go for it. Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

If you’ve got enough players to do two raids simultaneously (one raiding from a temp klan) you could push each others forums, making things go even quicker.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Someone do the math on this for me. Will this actually require the raid members to use their visits to earn raid scoops? If so would that limit a raid to 108 vanilla per member per raid?

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Malaise Posted:

Someone do the math on this for me. Will this actually require the raid members to use their visits to earn raid scoops? If so would that limit a raid to 108 vanilla per member per raid?

At 10 members per raid with only raid members visits counting (and having a reduced alt pool due to the 5 alt limit), yes 108 scoops is the max any raid can produce. I doubt raids will produce that, since there will likely be 1 – 4 members per raid saving visits for solo running.

The system instantly nerfs the big klan raiding (and certainly those that just clicked join raid several times a day and picked up scoops due to huge member count.) A small skilled group is going to be able to work the system, but it will depend on how much time they are willing to invest and whether or not they care about playing multiple characters vs having a single main character that they focus on.

Really, we’re going to know after a week or two if it is enough. I know BINGE brought up the idea of nerfing solo vanilla in the future to compensate for the restricted raiding, but I don’t think he is thinking about the fact that klan raiders solo raid while not joined to a klan raid as well. The only reason I can think of to reduce solo vanilla would be if clicking the “Join Raid” excluded a player from collecting solo vanilla for the week.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I think disabled alts = alts not enabled on Domination?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I think maybe it’s time to start playing Incit for scoops again

Dan the Auto-
mator

Level 56 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

scullyangel Posted:

but I don’t think he is thinking about the fact that klan raiders solo raid while not joined to a klan raid as well.

I think he is bumuming that they wont save their visits for a solo raid and instead commit all visits to the klan raid. I think we are going to see a lot more alt activity in the brackets.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Well, that is a silly thing to think. Why would a player use the visits on his main when he could bank them for 72 solo vanilla. The sacrifice of 12 klan vanilla for an extra 72 solo scoops is not a hard sacrifice to make.

Regardless, we’re going to find out in the next week or so whether allowing alts to join raid creates a bigger problem than it solves or if the true restriction to 5 characters will put an automatic balance on it. It looks like it will favor raiders who heavily use alts instead of additional players. Obviously it is going to toss chunks of vanilla onto characters that were very minimally effective in any given bracket before.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

scullyangel Posted:

If 20 characters wanted to raid at the same time 10 of them can just form a temporary klan and then rejoin their main klan when the raid is finished. Log in to see images!

Exactly… but I don’t feel that this is a propper solution, so why not make everyone’s life easier by including this option. You’d be still limited because the amount of forums is limited – and I expect much more (real) klan raids to take place now.

Some people in larger klans might simply think: “hey, what’s the point in having to wait in line for a klan raid and why do I have to create a temporary klan every second day?”...

scullyangel Posted:

The only reason I can think of to reduce solo vanilla would be if clicking the “Join Raid” excluded a player from collecting solo vanilla for the week.

I highly doubt that there would be many people left who are interested in klan raids – despite the fact that they are arguably one of the most fun elements of this boring game. Why would I take the time to coordinate with my klanmates if I can earn exactly the same amount of Log in to see images! just by pulling off a simple solo raid that takes much less effort?

I can absolutely understand solo players being annoyed by the advantage of klan players and I feel that it’s a step into the right direction to make sure that klan players have to put quite some effort into getting those Log in to see images! isn’t the end of the world.

On one hand, I am p. certain that many people will stop klan raiding if it doesn’t bring them any advantage/reward, and on the other hand, the current Domination changes make it possible to klan raid efficiently with less players than before. After all, everybody is free to join a klan, it’s not like klan players ever had any unfair advantage over others.

Another question: Bingebot, is it correct that, while the mentioned changes are being implemented tonight, the option to add more than one of your characters to a klan raid is still in queue? If yes, how long do you expect it to take?

FalCoN edited this message on 01/28/2009 6:03AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Acid Flux Posted:

Why the decision to set Max Raid size at 10? IMHO, 13 would be a more fair number (1 Raid Leader, 12 Raiders).

This is a good idea. Here’s my logic. 10 characters x 12 visits each = 120 visits – 11 visits (to own the first 11 forums) = 109 potential scoops for a raid. When 72 possible from a solo vanilla, the benefit of 35 doesn’t really encourage raiding. So I’m upping the limit to 13.

13 characters x 12 visits each = 156 visits – 11 visits (to own the first 11 forums) = 145 potential scoops for a raid. That’s a potential double the scoops for klan vanilla over solo vanilla.

So if you klan raid you won’t DOMINATE your bracket, but you will have an advantage.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Make it 12, 13 is a sucky number. Or make it 14, whatever.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

FalCoN Posted:

Make it 12, 13 is a sucky number. Or make it 14, whatever.

You’re a yucky number. Do the math, 13 works best Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

You’re a yucky number. Do the math, 13 works best Log in to see images!

I kinda liked the 10. It leads to more strategy IMO since you can’t have everyone holding an anchor — you’d have to risk losing more than one while trying to recover another one.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

I kinda liked the 10. It leads to more strategy IMO since you can’t have everyone holding an anchor — you’d have to risk losing more than one while trying to recover another one.

I think that Acid Fluxx brought up a good point in that I want to maintain the benefit of raiding and 109 scoops compared to 72, isn’t really worth it. 2 times the scoops is.

So I’d consider dropping solo raiding to 7 per dom (63 scoops) and making the raid limit 12 (12 * 12 = 144 – 11 = 133 – 63 = 70). That math works in my head.

So.. solo dom 7 scoops per. raid limit to 12 (or 11 I guess – to MC Banhammers point). Discuss.

First is build, second is balance.

No more changes pre-launch. We can make other changes for next weeks round.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!