Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News THIS WEEK: Domination Changes

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Inertia Posted:

This is great, so I can ruin other people’s raid by joining them and wasting space.

She could get away with it a few times probably before the klan booted her, once might be called an accident or I wasn’t ready/got a phone call/whatever. Without specific invites it might be a free for all to sign up.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Wylin Posted:

She could get away with it a few times probably before the klan booted her, once might be called an accident or I wasn’t ready/got a phone call/whatever. Without specific invites it might be a free for all to sign up.

If you don’t trust your klan mates NOT to join and pointlessly take up a spot I would not keep them in the Klan, and that’s what I suggest you do.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Updated OP.. other changes..

– bumhole Cards now remove 10 scoops

– Klan Domination page is no longer klan. You can get to it from the Domination page in the footer navigation under “Vanilla Helper”

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 02/05/2009 1:24AM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Updated OP.. other changes..

– Klan Domination page is no longer klan. You can get to it from the Domination page in the footer navigation under “Vanilla Helper”

Nice. Now all we need is a destruction medal. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- bumhole Cards now remove 10 scoops

oh **** man Log in to see images!

JBlade

[Board of Directors]

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

So, with all these changes to alts, is there going to be a BP refund? Alts are no longer what was paid for, and have lost the majority of their actual value. I’m not asking for a cash refund, since I’m sure it was all spent on booze and hookers anyways, but perhaps the alts people purchased under the impression they would remain useful can get that BP back for other use? (Not meaning me necessarily, I think I’m still happy to keep my alts. I think)

Scarlett

Avatar: 36175 Tue Apr 07 09:46:48 -0400 2009

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

JBlade Posted:

So, with all these changes to alts, is there going to be a BP refund? Alts are no longer what was paid for, and have lost the majority of their actual value. I’m not asking for a cash refund, since I’m sure it was all spent on booze and hookers anyways, but perhaps the alts people purchased under the impression they would remain useful can get that BP back for other use? (Not meaning me necessarily, I think I’m still happy to keep my alts. I think)

Why would you not want the alts now? The way I have it figured 13 alts (including main) is optimal for a player who only cares about a main character, 20 is optimal for a player who plays multiple alts to win with all of them.

Also, wahoo on the bumhole! When is that destruction medal hitting? Log in to see images!

JBlade

[Board of Directors]

Level 32 Hacker

Truth be told, I have far better things to do with my time than deal with 13 alts. I don’t even have that many, and I stop caring after I finish with my initial turns.

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

<START TRANSMISSION>

UPDATE: Starting this weeks round of Domination (Wednesday, Feb 4) we’re changing the following:

– Adding a countdown on the Raid page that will indicate when you are eligible to Raid again

– Changing the daily raid limit from 24 hours to 60 hours such that you will only be able to join a raid once every 60 hours (If you join a raid by mistake TS for now, so be careful)

– Remove the time limit for joining a raid, you can join at any time

– If you are booted from a raid (by an Officer) your spot will remain taken (Only 13 people EVER should be able to join a particular Raid)

– Change the Klan Domination page to display how many forums (and which forums) your raid currently pwns

– Klan Domination page is no longer Klan only. You can get to it from the Domination page in the footer navigation under “Vanilla Helper”

– Alts are still not allowed in a Raid. This is not a change, but apparently needs to be explicitly stated. Please refer to the enhancements thread for upcoming changes which are up for discussion.

Starting last weeks round of Domination (Wednesday, Jan 28) the following changes were made:

– Raid size will be limited to 13

– Each character can only join 1 raid per day every 60 hours

Characters can only join a raid in the first 15 minutes of its creation

– Raid admins can end the raid at any time

– Disabled alts cannot “push” forums or join raids

If you are not in the raid, you don’t contribute to the count

– If you have more then 5 characters, you must choose which 5 will participate in Domination (or the first 5 characters to earn scoops are automatically chosen)

As per usual please remember build first, balance next.

For further changes, please refer to the enhancements thread.

Thanks.

<END TRANSMISSION>

boring…

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

JBlade Posted:

I’m not sure how many times it needs to be said, but no where are Alts advertised as providing a benefit to Domination. Alts are meant to try out the different clbumes primarily. A bi-product of that is (of course) the ability to RP with different “voices” and to play Domination with numerous characters. As CZ has stated in the past, it is our policy that you shouldn’t be able to pay to get a dominant advantage in any aspect of Forumwarz. Any such behaviour in the past was due to bugs/exploits which we are trying to fix now.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I’m not sure how many times it needs to be said, but no where are Alts advertised as providing a benefit to Domination. Alts are meant to try out the different clbumes primarily. A bi-product of that is (of course) the ability to RP with different “voices” and to play Domination with numerous characters. As CZ has stated in the past, it is our policy that you shouldn’t be able to pay to get a dominant advantage in any aspect of Forumwarz. Any such behaviour in the past was due to bugs/exploits which we are trying to fix now.

Maybe it’s that it’s a little hard to believe this when brownie point purchases influence pretty much every aspect of domination. Five alts alts are a huge advantage over one, and having more beyond five is still advantageous since you can stagger your pistachio loops and then simply choose to activate the better-positioned alts for that week. Access to Episode 2 forums and stores is yet another purchased domination advantage. So, I don’t really see how it can even be called an exploit for people to see that this is how the game works and act accordingly.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

plk Posted:

Maybe it’s that it’s a little hard to believe this when brownie point purchases influence pretty much every aspect of domination. Five alts alts are a huge advantage over one, and having more beyond five is still advantageous since you can stagger your pistachio loops and then simply choose to activate the better-positioned alts for that week. Access to Episode 2 forums and stores is yet another purchased domination advantage. So, I don’t really see how it can even be called an exploit for people to see that this is how the game works and act accordingly.

Point is, you shouldn’t be buying alts only for use in Domination and we will not be refunding BP as a result of any changes made to Domination.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Point is, you shouldn’t be buying alts only for use in Domination and we will not be refunding BP as a result of any changes made to Domination.

Really, we shouldn’t be buying alts only to use in domination? What about the people who buy four alts for a total of five usable dom alts? Is that okay, or is that also the “wrong” reason to buy an alt? Because for a lot of people, this is the only remaining aspect of the game that is still interesting and is what their alts were (and are) to be used for. The ability to roleplay on the forums in “another voice” isn’t actually part of gameplay and therefore doesn’t hold a lot of interest for some of us.

plk edited this message on 02/05/2009 4:39PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

That is all I have to say on this topic.

Bun-Bun

[Board of Directors]

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

*edit*

Bun-Bun edited this message on 02/05/2009 5:00PM

JBlade

[Board of Directors]

Level 32 Hacker

Add a new character to your account. Play through the game as another clbum, or try again and do things differently.

So really this should have “Not a fully functional character” added to the description.

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

I have exactly one alt and I find Domination to be thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable. Just because you found a strategy and chose to buy a ton of alts in order to use it, you think you should get a refund now that your strategy is no longer valid? It was never their intention to have alts used this way. This is like saying, “Wow, I found a really good weapon that was ridiculously overpowered, so I bought it off Ebay/Grinded for 2 months to get it. Oh, they fixed it, now its working as intended. I want the money I spent on it/Time I tool grinding for it back.” It doesn’t work that way. It’s a game. Play it and move on.

Also, who is plk and why the hell do I care?

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Jwred5 Posted:

I have exactly one alt and I find Domination to be thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable. Just because you found a strategy and chose to buy a ton of alts in order to use it, you think you should get a refund now that your strategy is no longer valid? It was never their intention to have alts used this way. This is like saying, “Wow, I found a really good weapon that was ridiculously overpowered, so I bought it off Ebay/Grinded for 2 months to get it. Oh, they fixed it, now its working as intended. I want the money I spent on it/Time I tool grinding for it back.” It doesn’t work that way. It’s a game. Play it and move on.

Also, who is plk and why the hell do I care?

I’m not asking for any money back, and I don’t even have enough alts for it to matter. I’m just asking whether they do or don’t want the money of dom players, for whom it is clearly a better strategy to have 5 total alts. The impression I’m getting is they don’t, and yet I don’t see them refunding all that “dirty” dom money.

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

JBlade Posted:

I was talking about this post. Binge already responded to your post fairly adequately I think. Also, I think you should post on your main plk, we might take you more seriously then.

Jwred5 was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Jwred5 edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

Forumwarz signup screen Posted:

You are only allowed to create one account on Forumwarz.

Signing up for additional accounts is a quick way to get banned.

Why am I only allowed one account?

Each user of Forumwarz is entitled to play through Episode 1 of the game absolutely free using any of the available player clbumes.

However, Forumwarz costs a lot of money to maintain. We charge a small fee for players to play through again using another clbum. This helps us cover our costs and allows us to continue to enhance the game.

If you’d like to try one of the other player clbumes, we ask that you purchase a secondary account under the Support Us tab. You’ll be able to switch between your accounts quickly, and you’ll be supporting our development efforts in the process!

Just pointing this out. The intended purpose of alts is to allow people to play the game through in more than one clbum. That’s why alts aren’t allowed multiple votes on Forumbuildr, you can’t bid on your own alts’ auctions, etc. They’re intended for use in experiencing the base game in different ways, not for helping each other.

When Domination was first introduced, alts used to help other alts were actually frowned upon by the user base. I should know, I got a lot of **** because my alts helped me get medals when I was in the same bracket as them. As a result, code was put into place to prevent alts from appearing in the same bracket.

Now the pendulum has swung the other way, and some people are saying that alts should absolutely be allowed to help each other in Domination. Where were all you people when I was Barely Legal? Log in to see images!

Domination rules will continue to be tweaked in attempts to satisfy the majority of the user base. As the user base changes, and new Domination strategies are discovered, no doubt more tweaks will come. As those changes come, some people will be displeased and stop playing, but hopefully the majority of people will be pleased and there will be more, fairer, competition. I myself stopped playing regularly when klan raids took off because I couldn’t compete with them, although most of my base strategies remain the same, and I look forward to using them again when solo vs. klan balance is achieved.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!