Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News THIS WEEK: Domination Changes

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

CaptainDDL Posted:

I like that idea, Wylin. Considering that Dom is the only real option available at the end-game, I’d love to be able to use all of my alts.

I was also thinking about the “mains” part being 100% level for people with only 1 character, they’d just never see the other side unless their klan wanted to do an “alt” raid, which they couldn’t be in.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Wylin Posted:

Just a thought here, could there be 2 sets of domination brackets, seperated to “mains” and “alts”? Each player designates 1 player that is forever eligible for the “mains” game. In the “mains” game the current 5 alt limit is actually just limited to that 1 character. None of the players other alts have any impact at all, they don’t effect forums pwned, can’t interfere, won’t be in “mains” raids, nothing. The “alts” brackets are exactly like the game was a month ago, except the “main” character is excluded (being in the other domination game.)

I probably didn’t write this up very good, but I’ll read people’s comments and try to explain what I’m thinking better.

So I could designate an unimportant alt as my main and get tons of medals for my real main with the help of my alts in the “alts” brackets?

JBlade

[Board of Directors]

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Bashy Posted:

To the people who ended up making Domination useless:

I have an idea. Why don’t you use your heads and think **** out before you do things, so you won’t have to have ten failed revisions before you get to something acceptable?

Your game may have hundreds of players, but like 75% of those are alts of Amasius, Mee, Scully, Ricket, etc. All they had to do in your game was to play Domination and raiding. Then, since a bunch of whiny ****es decided raiding was broken because they were losing (due ONLY to lack of effort; when they tried, they won) complained, you decided it needed… whatever the hell you call these changes. Now, and for the foreseeable future, nobody with a brain is going to raid. It takes 13 PERFECTLY cooperating accounts to raid decently, but just ONE or a couple to make raiding a waste of time through interruption. Did you think how easy it is to interrupt raids now, under this new structure? Probably not. Even though it’s your game, and I’ve been around little over a month.

I’d advise you stick to writing content, which is pretty good, and stay the **** away from gameplay mechanics. For that, listen to the players who are enthusiastic but don’t have some personal agenda to push. Whatever you do, don’t listen to yourselves. I think I’ve seen enough in my semi-interested month here to see what that leads to.

I agree with this.

Mitnick

[The Archives]

Level 30 Hacker

Amasius Posted:

So I could designate an unimportant alt as my main and get tons of medals for my real main with the help of my alts in the “alts” brackets?

Yes, but he’d never be able to get into the “mains” battle, which I guess would be like “hardcore.” “Mains” level trophys and awards should be better somehow so that you wouldn’t want to do what you mentioned.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Mitnick Posted:

Yes, but he’d never be able to get into the “mains” battle, which I guess would be like “hardcore.” “Mains” level trophys and awards should be better somehow so that you wouldn’t want to do what you mentioned.

So we not only need two kinds of dom brackets but also two kinds of medals? Sorry, but that sounds unnessesary complicated for me.

Mitnick

[The Archives]

Level 30 Hacker

Amasius Posted:

So we not only need two kinds of dom brackets but also two kinds of medals? Sorry, but that sounds unnessesary complicated for me.

Ok, how about the only e-peens you get in the “alts” bracket are for being in the top 10, 5, or 1 for each season, while the “mains” get the normal e-peens for medals in addition to the top ranked ones for the seasons. Simple, and everyone wants there main to have the e-peens right?

Medals aren’t as hard to come by when you can have 500 alts pushing you up in scoops, but getting in the top 10 is harder because other people are trying to do the same thing, and it’s obviously like the “lesser” domination because it allows multiple characters. Still fun, less rewards.

Mitnick edited this message on 02/03/2009 6:58PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Mitnick Posted:

Ok, how about the only e-peens you get in the “alts” bracket are for being in the top 10, 5, or 1 for each season, while the “mains” get the normal e-peens for medals in addition to the top ranked ones for the seasons. Simple, and everyone wants there main to have the e-peens right?

Medals aren’t as hard to come by when you can have 500 alts pushing you up in scoops, but getting in the top 10 is harder because other people are trying to do the same thing, and it’s obviously like the “lesser” domination because it allows multiple characters. Still fun, less rewards.

Raiding for hours on end, just to be able to remain competitive against other klans was never really fun. And after a point, medals are harder to come by, no matter what.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Adapt Posted:

Raiding for hours on end, just to be able to remain competitive against other klans was never really fun. And after a point, medals are harder to come by, no matter what.

ok, Maybe offering critism or alternate suggestions to the idea might be better than saying the idea sucks. The point was to make the “mains” an even playing field for all players, even if they don’t have alts.

Wylin edited this message on 02/03/2009 7:07PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Why is everyone trying to over-complicate things?

Seriously.

There’s no need for two different types of domination. If there is, just kill klan raiding all together. I’d rather have one non-overly-complicated game that everyone can play. Separating klans from solos is kinda silly and Amasius already pointed out why letting a player choose a main to play in a different set of brackets isn’t going to work real well. There’s nothing stopping me from saying my paltry level 10 emo kid is my main and using alts to prop up the accounts I care more about.

Five participating alts per person is plenty nerfed on the alts side of things. Now if we can just get raiding to a point where it’s a) worth it and b) not a guaranteed blowout…

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Mitnick Posted:

Well, this would eliminate alts from the “main” brackets entirely. I doubt that there would be any raids after that while the “alt” brackets would still be entirly broken because peens could be bought simply by having tons of alts, though people might be less interested in doing so. Your idea is interesting Wylin, but I doubt it would work in practice.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Wylin Posted:

The point was to make the “mains” an even playing field for all players, even if they don’t have alts.

Ideally, that’s what Binge is trying to do without creating two different types of brackets. There should be a benefit to being in a klan, but not so much so that solo players are shut out of the running.

The trick is finding a point where the math works but klan raiding is still fun (and possible)

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Wylin Posted:

ok, Maybe offering critism or alternate suggestions to the idea might be better than saying the idea sucks. The point was to make the “mains” an even playing field for all players, even if they don’t have alts.

I never said the idea sucked, although I do think it is unnecessarily complected as stated. In fact I was really more pointing out how the current system sucked, and that having a lot of alts didn’t, and shouldn’t automatically mean it was easier to win. The fact that it was almost a requirement for top brackets was bad, and its good that its being fixed.

I don’t think its a good idea to separate alts and mains though, one of the main reasons already being stated that you couldn’t just force people to designate their main as their actual main.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Amasius Posted:

Well, this would eliminate alts from the “main” brackets entirely. I doubt that there would be any raids after that while the “alt” brackets would still be entirly broken because peens could be bought simply by having tons of alts, though people might be less interested in doing so. Your idea is interesting Wylin, but I doubt it would work in practice.

I get what you’re saying, and I actually agree, it was a spur of the moment idea that I thought/think has some merit. It’s not very developed thus far as you and spacekadt pointed out, but it _is_ at least an idea towards what Bingebot apparently wants, and that is, that a person with no alts should be just as able to play and win as a person with 400 alts. I obviously need to think of an even better way.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

why doesn’t op mention if alts will be able to join the same raid as main. or is that still not possible?

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

The biggest problem seems to be the question whether raiding is advantageous over being a solo player. On one hand, you want a benefit to klan raiding. But on the other hand, you have people who resent klans having any advantage at all. Before you can successfully present klan raiding, the people who CREATED THIS GAME have to decide what they want klan raiding for. If raids aren’t the way to reward people for working together, then perhaps it’s time to create a new aspect of the game that klans CAN play and get rewarded for teamwork and cooperation (AND to be able to use all the alts we bought.) Granted, that means a bit of work for CZ since they’ll have to come up with something new, but at least all this solo vs. klan bull**** will be done. Let’s move on already.

But if everyone insists that raiding remain part of domination, here is my 2 cents:

As for all of these constant changes, I feel CZ should treat Klan raiding as any other program that’s been patched together with so many band-aids, it has become a big convoluted kluge mess. In this case, rather than continue to develop a LIVE game with live players, constantly changing the rules and gameplay, a better solution would be to remove the klan raiding aspect of domination completely until the developers can re-work it, make the rules clear, and THEN add it back into domination. Clean slate, fresh start, etc. etc.. You can’t rely on user feedback alone to make a successful change to this aspect of the game because you’ll never get everyone to agree. Scope constantly is changing, band-aids are slapped on, rules list grows longer and more convoluted…. and yet, there is still a ****load of users unhappy and unsatisfied. That’s the problem with leaving all the choices up to the mob. I prefer klan raiding to either get taken off the table and something new to replace it entirely, or to leave it in the hands of the developers to come up with a fix that sticks and stop changing things every week.

Courtney edited this message on 02/04/2009 12:16AM

Alttwo

[Brainfreeze]

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

I agree with Courtney.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I would still recommend everything posted here.

Players can use their alts as they choose, raiding can deliver a worthwhile, but not overpowering amount of scoops.

Another option would be to lift the current raiding restrictions, but put a hard cap on vanilla. You can earn x vanilla per week, via whatever method. Solo, raid, combo – doesn’t matter. After you hit the cap it is shut off. I’d say 500 – 550 scoops would be a solid maximum. One character joined to the raid, but any “enabled” character can contribute to raids. (We don’t want scoop towers to return, so preventing alts from getting raid scoops is a good thing always.)

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

scullyangel Posted:

Another option would be to lift the current raiding restrictions, but put a hard cap on vanilla. You can earn x vanilla per week, via whatever method. Solo, raid, combo – doesn’t matter. After you hit the cap it is shut off. I’d say 500 – 550 scoops would be a solid maximum. One character joined to the raid, but any “enabled” character can contribute to raids.

If we keep putting hard caps on scoops, we may as well put a hard cap on all scoop flavors, so we can have a reward for a ‘perfect’ game, where you get max scoops in every category over the course of a round.

Antifreeze is artificially capped and Lemon and Pistachio are mechanically capped. If we put a hard cap on Vanila, we may as well put one on Chocolate, so we can avoid some sort of ridiculous scheme in two months where someone breaks Domination by gaining thousands of Chocolate scoops by playing INCIT for three days while sub,itting their thousand forumbuildr entries and restart all this drama.

scullyangel Posted:

(We don’t want scoop towers to return, so preventing alts from getting raid scoops is a good thing always.)

Some people actually try to get medals with all of their alts. If you prevent alts from gaining scoops in raids, you may as well just make people only have one character eligible for scoops and designate some number of additional characters as ‘backup’ who don’t gain scoops but can still influence Domination.

If raiding scoops are such a problem that letting them build up on characters other than the ones in the top brackets is a problem, then we’re still doing it wrong.

One additional, completely serious question:

If you have more then 5 characters, you must choose which 5 will participate in Domination (or the first 5 characters to earn scoops are automatically chosen)

Would it be possible to have the option to have this selection turned on if you have five or fewer characters? As it stands now, someone with six characters can opt out of Domination, but someone with five characters (which is also the number of non-Re-Re clbumes) doesn’t get that option.

More than once I’ve thought it would be nice to turn off Domination so I could run turns without interfering with my own clan’s raids and schemes. I don’t always have time to do much more than run four of my twelve stored visits in the hour before rollover so as to not lose visits (can’t top the leaderboard if I’m falling behind), but that doesn’t mean I want to screw over my klanmates who might be trying to solo, or raid, or whatever.

I’m sure there are other reasons someone might like this, as well.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- If you are booted from a raid (by an Officer) your spot will remain taken (Only 13 people EVER should be able to join a particular Raid)

This is great, so I can ruin other people’s raid by joining them and wasting space.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Inertia Posted:

This is great, so I can ruin other people’s raid by joining them and wasting space.

Wouldn’t you be wasting the time of your klannies? You can’t join the raid from another klan. Smart.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!