Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Diary of an Un-Cheater (Potential Spoilers)

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

Diary of an Un-Cheater

And so, after defeating everything that stood before me, I was faced with a decision. I must either fade into obscurity, or I could start anew.

I chose the latter.

Stripped of all of my powers and abilities, my sword & shield taken from me, and completely destitute, I was forced to rely solely upon my natural skills to survive and rebuild.

And so I began.

This is the blog of how an Emo Kid Cheater started over again.

~~~~~

First course of business was to Respec, obviously. With no equipment whatsover, my Ego & Tears were dangerously low. So, I had to make some tough choices.

Offense had to take a priority. If I could one-shot the mid range forums, then I could build up my warchest again, at least a bit. And so I decided to focus solely on the Whine-O Attacks and getting my Offense stat up to the low to mid-range. I settled on an Offense of 25 (i.e., I bought up to Offense Level 8, since the four Free Emo Starter Packs each gave me Offense +4).

For the Whine-O Abiltiies, at the highest levels (7 & 8), that gave me ‘Quoth the Raven’ (Attack 175) & ‘Everybody Hurts ’ (Attack 230), both of which were Refresh 1 Attacks. But they both used up a lot of Tears (12 & 15, respectively), so my next Stat had to be Tears.

I knew that the average forum shouldn’t have more than 20 or so threads, so if each one needed to be hit twice at most to kill, then I’d need about 540 Tears. So I bought up to Tears Level 11, which gave me 538 Tears. Close enough.

I still had a good number of points left, so it was time to turn to Ego. It was tempting to blow all of my remaining points into Ego, but I decided to keep some in reserve while I was testing this theory. So I bought up to Egomania Level 11, which brought me to 995 Ego. For a mid range forum, this should be just fine, and I could gauge which stat needed a boost if not. At this point, this is what my stat pool looked like:

Ego 995

Tears 538

Offense 25

Defense 13

Luck 1

Frugality 1

Charisma 5

Upkeep 1

And I still had 90 upgrade points left.

Now, it was simply a matter of what forum to attack first.

Luckily, I still had a few forums that I hadn’t finished out the XSS & FBO codes. And since I was broke, it was time to look up some old friends and mooch some flezz off of them.

I decided to take an easy job first, hoping that I’d earn enough to buy a new spider and start harvesting some .moar files. And the Konservative Kristian Koalition still had an FBO run available. Lucky me.

And so, in we went.

How did it go?

About as well as you would expect when a Level 35 Emo Kid attacks a Level 5 forum with his strongest attacks. It took me longer to set up my toolbar than it did to actually defeat the forum. And thankfully, I didn’t get caught up in the moment and forget to deploy the FBO code. I ended up earning  3,800.

And now, it was time to go shopping. At von Neumman’s, a Simple Web Spider set me back about  60. Money well spent. Now I’d be able to start harvesting some files, and at this point, any file I found was going to be useful, either for quick flezz or a stat boost.

I decided to check out Kyoubai to see if there were any Auctions in my price range. But the only Tattoos & Piercings listed were either out of that range, or overpriced compared to what I could buy them for in the shop at Frugality 1!

I did, however, find some Smileprin XR at a decent price. I picked up three for about  1800, and decided to leave it at that.

Back at the regular Stores, Infections Ink had an Arabic Tattoo for sale for about  546. Offense +1, Tears +20. Ah, what the hell. At least this way I wont feel completely naked.

Over at Herschel’s Job Board, the ‘easiest’ run was the Great Firewall of China.  15,000 flezz. But I wasn’t sure I was quite ready for that one yet. Better find another option.

I checked out the regular forums. This time I found that Cam on My Face was still waiting some XSS & FBO love. This would give me a good guage of my abilities. I sunk a few more points into Offense (Level 12) & Ego (Level 16), just to be safe.

Ego 2045

Offense 30

63 Upgrade points left

Time to go visit some lovely ladies.

After the first thread, I knew that I was going to have to use my freebie attacks as much as possible, just to be sure I didn’t run out of Tears. I shuffled my abilities around a bit, to bring Ophelia’s & Recipes up front.

Turns out my Tears were fine, so long as I used my Freebie attacks when they were available. 377 Tears total cost. It was my Ego that I was glad I bumped up. Perhaps it was simply the 30+ Turns I had to spend deploying the codes, but the forum ended up doing 1300+ damage to me, over the course of the battle. But now, with another  8,600, I was ready to see if I could take on some stronger forums.

I decided to add some of those 63 Upgrade points into my Ego & Offense, with just a bit into Tears.

I kept 6 Upgrade points in reserve, just in case. That was enough to bump my Ego two more levels (or about 750 Points), or my Tears three more levels (about 400 points). But at the moment, this is where I was:

Ego 4145

Tears 870

Offense 40

Defense 13

Luck 1

Frugality 1

Charisma 5

Upkeep 1

That should be enough to hit the Great Firewall.

And it definitely was. I used up about 670 Tears & 2500 Ego running the Wall.  15,000 reward set me pretty well to start with.

Now, did I want to spend that money on something like an Eyeball Piercing, or did I want to try to run another 30+ forum?

I decided to do both. Herschel was offering  17,500 for Second Wife. I went and bought the Eyeball Piercing, which bumped my Offense up to 45 (and Defense to 18, but like that mattered, heh) And then I spent those last 6 Upgrade points on Ego.

Ego: 4880

Tears: 970

Offense: 45

Defense: 18

So, for my fourth and final forum visit for the day, I ran Second Wife.

And missed it by that much. Less than one hit away from killing the last thread, and I ran out of Ego. Turns out a little more defense might have helped. Or at least a bit more in Ego.

But it could have gone either way. The important thing was that I knew that I could at least take on a Level 31 or lower forum with little difficulty. And all I had to do was keep an eye out each day for a juicy Firewall run at Herschel’s, and keep earning Junk to sell, and I’d be okay.

Tomorrow I’ll continue this journey back to the top.

For now, I’d recommend to any Emo Kid following this same path to spend just a bit more on that Ego, and maybe just a bit less on Tears. Using Ophelia & Recipes liberally can go a long way to making those tears last.

Femline

Avatar: 124524 Fri Jan 23 03:23:48 -0500 2009

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Good luck! :3

Femline edited this message on 01/27/2009 11:38AM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I’m a little different, in that I have all my items and whatnot, but ideally for an emo-kid, unless you’re trying to take on the level 35 forums, is about 1000 ego, and everything you have rolled into Offense besides that.

Like I said though, I’ve got all my items, so I have like 600 tears without spending any upgrade points on them.

Don’t put anything into defense. With emo, you want them to hit you down a ways so your offense increases more.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Shii Posted:

I’m a little different, in that I have all my items and whatnot, but ideally for an emo-kid, unless you’re trying to take on the level 35 forums, is about 1000 ego, and everything you have rolled into Offense besides that.

Like I said though, I’ve got all my items, so I have like 600 tears without spending any upgrade points on them.

Don’t put anything into defense. With emo, you want them to hit you down a ways so your offense increases more.

At first, I think there’s some warranted defense. While you’re trying to farm the flezz to afford the things most level 30+ chars have, there will likely be a lot of respecs while you gain the moar files and items you need so you can pour the upgrade points into areas where they’re more useful.

You have moar files and equipment that give you boosts in quite a few stats, most likely including defense. Uncheated chars have *nothing* to start with. Not even a spider to farm moar files.

I’m going through all of this on my troll… thankfully it’s a tad easier than completely starting from scratch, but not much.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Good luck, man. This is interesting.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Yeah, I think my main problems was putting a lot of those points into other areas… this s wy my ego is so low. So ego and offesnse are top priority. The reason I don’t think tears matter so much is that you will get some rather nice items which will give hundreds of tears (like my troll who I never used any points for DB). So a few points here an there for defense won’t break the bank.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

I’ll be respecing every four days, as my Equipment improves. Even running against Second Wife, just a little bit more Ego would have made the difference. At a certain point, spending those 3 Upgrade points on another +350 Ego versus another 8% increase in damage is an interesting tradeoff. Right now, I’m pretty happy with my stat spread. As soon as I can afford some equipment that gives some Tears, I can respect that stat down and move the points back into Offense & Ego. With almost 30 points currently sunk into Tears, I’m looking forward to moving them into Ego/Offense.

And if nothing else, I’ll be saving some flezz on equipment repairs for a while.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Well, having bought nautical star and flesh tunnel I can only speak from my POV. I suppose all the luck I put in helped me get some much needed flezz to start off with. You don’t even have to go with hard forums either.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!