Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Forum's that would be fun to write?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

So I’m looking at the forums, and yes we all know that everyone is sick of sex and religion, so are there new ideas that people think would be fun to write for?

EDIT: That’s right. The Forum in the title completely owns the rest of the sentence. ****ing apostrophe. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 01/25/2009 11:19PM

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I was thinking another day, maybe like a fraternity or sorority kind of thing. That hasn’t been done. I’m not going to do it though.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

A decent political one? Do we really have anything right now that qualifies? Other than Faux News?

We either need a ‘liberal’ slanted one to balance out Faux News, or better yet, a ‘CrossTalk’ type forum, where both liberals & conservatives debate back and forth, but when ‘invaded’ by an outsider, they end up joining forces temporarily to get rid of the intruder.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Hmm, and we really don’t have a generic ‘Sci-Fi Geek’ one yet, although I haven’t played the Hitchhiker’s yet to know if that really qualifies. That also lends itself to the similar idea as above, in a way.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I’m currently trying to think of more, like, fictional but realistic businesses that would have forums, rather than parodies.

Though the one I was really proud of isn’t doing so hot.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Scully is just making this thread so she can steal your ideas.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Lemme see. Things in the real world that often have forums.

Well, many of the ideas that don’t win but pop up week after week are often good. Say, for example, government spook forums. Or sports. Sports are a gigantic industry but are completely without representation on the community forum list.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Inertia Posted:

Scully made this thread because people complain but don’t do anything.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Inertia Posted:

Yup, but I gave him that one cuz I didn’t want it.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Inertia Posted:

I can honestly say I have no interest in your ideas.

was Posted:

Scully made this thread because people complain but don’t do anything.

While it is true that inaction is often the norm, I have just really been watching the forum ideas trying to see what “clicks” with people. Last week I saw lulz56’s old Alcoholics Unanimous do extremely well (I don’t think he is active on the site, so I wonder if ET will disqualify it if it eventually does win.) It’s just weird what gets voted up/down.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

*fourm about religion is picked*

*people complain*

*forum that isn’t about religion is picked*

*people complain*

wow i can see why you guys participate in this fun and community building event

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

scullyangel Posted:

While it is true that inaction is often the norm, I have just really been watching the forum ideas trying to see what “clicks” with people. Last week I saw lulz56’s old Alcoholics Unanimous do extremely well (I don’t think he is active on the site, so I wonder if ET will disqualify it if it eventually does win.) It’s just weird what gets voted up/down.

I agree to me it is weird. My tastes seem to be in the total opposite of the voters. It makes me wonder what type of people they are and why aren’t they represented in the other aspects of the game.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

was Posted:

I agree to me it is weird. My tastes seem to be in the total opposite of the voters. It makes me wonder what type of people they are and why aren’t they represented in the other aspects of the game.

Democracy means everybody gets to play. Unlike dom, where people compete against others of a directly and representative sample of comparable players, there’s no filter for buildr. This means that in order for ideas to win they have to be big, simple jokes or easy-to-catch ripoffs that can snag enough lowest common denominator interest to win. Hence, certain things resonate with this crowd. Religion and sex especially.

Fortunato edited this message on 01/26/2009 9:13AM

Rigel808

Level 28 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Hmmmm. How about Webcomics. Some of those forums get crazy.

OOOOOOOO. how bout a Fan-fic forum

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Im working on a new one and will post it as soon as it stops erroring me out Log in to see images!
I thought of it in the same place I thought of DENSA*, and people took kindly to that, and people appeared to be saying it was “original content”. So maybe this will go well too. Or it could just go horribly, horribly wrong. One way to find out.

*The crapper
dobnits edited this message on 01/27/2009 12:42PM

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Rigel808 Posted:

OOOOOOOO. how bout a Fan-fic forum

Fanfiction Freaks.

Rigel808 Posted:

Hmmmm. How about Webcomics. Some of those forums get crazy.

Maybe would work for “general webcomic” and “budding artist” discussion. Too many bad forum attempts that openly insult a webcomic, like that obsessed guy who makes a Ctrl+Alt+Del forum idea every week.

Jojo Mellow

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 15 Hacker

Ooh, I wonder what this bumon does... Uh-oh.

I’ve been working an original idea in with my half-bumed parody ideas for the past few weeks. It’s in a category that hasn’t been represented by the community forums (or the gameplay forums) already, it’s well-written, and it’s slightly crbum without being foul.

...and it gets -5’d every ****ing week. Log in to see images!

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

I tried to be unique and pitched a Binary Coding forum, but it got shot down.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I really would like to see more specific forums coming up, pne about liberal politics like Acid Flux said could also be fun.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

What I would really like to see is something special, something out of the line – not just content-wise, but also style-wise. Lately, most forums just followed the same scheme (Engrish Ressons might be a small exception though).

This is why I really like the “Mrs. Kearny’s 9th Grade English clbum” suggestion. Even “404 ERROR” might turn out as something more fun to write and read than the latest forums. Also all kinds of internal forums targeted at one particular group might be a nice change… like an internal corporate forum or a political one (e.g. a city administration forum).

In terms of forum topics, I feel that forumbuildr lacks some more forums in the following fields:

– Sports (it can be a general one, but also a more restricted one)

– Online Gaming (not about games in general, but about playing online… seriously, this would be hilarious)

– Business/Corporations (e.g. a networking website parody)

– job-focussed forums (e.g. an architect forum etc.)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!