Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Split the domination rankings up into klan rankings and solo rankings

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Right now somebody who isn’t in a raiding klan has almost no chance to win any medals in one of the higher brackets, take me for example, I’m in a bracket with plenty of raiders who just click the ‘join raid’ bumon and get tons of vanilla. How is this fair compared to solo dommers who only have a decent chance to win in a higher bracket when they are at the end of a pistachio loop and are lucky enough to get some vanilla from doing solo runs? I’m getting my bum kicked by people who click a bumon, get tons of scoops, trade them in for cards and use them on me while their fellow klanmates get away with the medals.

(Yeah I know I also click bumons and press numbers but atleast it’s more effort than just clicking a single bumon.)

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I won a medal, but i was in a ****y bracket, so me posting here is of no relevance whatso ever.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

CroMagnon Posted:

I won a medal, but i was in a ****y bracket, so me posting here is of no relevance whatso ever.

My alt won a medal in one of those brackets. Oh those lvl 35s were quite ****ed off. I klan raided too Log in to see images!

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

Last week I thought I might have a chance in one of the lower levels, until a klan raider popped in with over 1000 scoops.

Over. One. Thousand. Scoops.

Even at the top of my Pistachio run, there’d be no way to compete with that as a solo player.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I think they should just decide as to which style of raiding they want around. Either only allow klan raiding or solo raiding. I understand the implications, but it is never going to be balanced.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

You know, there are scheduled changes coming. They might have been considered sooner if more than a handful of players had cared about the problem with the mechanic when it was only having an impact on one bracket.

It kind of sucks that the majority of players take the “not my problem, not a problem” approach to things and only speak up when it finally messes with their game.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Maybe there is just a lack of faith in how effective these changes will be.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I kind of like this idea.

I was a solo player for a long, long time.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

scullyangel Posted:

You know, there are scheduled changes coming. They might have been considered sooner if more than a handful of players had cared about the problem with the mechanic when it was only having an impact on one bracket.

It kind of sucks that the majority of players take the “not my problem, not a problem” approach to things and only speak up when it finally messes with their game.

I remember laughing when I was told that all the problems would be fixed if more klans started raiding. Well, wish granted, now the solo player is even more out of luck. I’m in a heavily raiding klan again, and I still feel it’s an unfair system. Changes can’t come soon enough.

I think you may be entitled to an “I told you so” Scully. I know you’re too clbumy to take it, but I think you’re entitled to it.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

signed signed signed.

also signed.

Please put the changes in place to limit alt contributions to raid vanilla, ET.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

split between ep.1 and ep.2 players still not done yet

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

The mbumive abuse of alts in raids is an old problem and should have been fixed much earlier. It was predictable that it would get worse and worse. BoD has done it for months and now Brainfreeze and – to a lesser degree – GGM are doing it too to stay competitive. Of course now it affects not only the top bracket so that a few more people recognize the problem and complain.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

Perhaps. I happen to think the proposed changes will be good if the “disabled” characters cannot have any impact on the forums.

I don’t know, I’m in a bad mood. Perhaps it can be said that only about 8 players had the foresight to know what could happen with klan vanilla, but frankly I think it’s just a matter of people only caring about whatever is impacting their personal game at the moment.

glowspawn

[Uber-Newbz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I was in the same bracket with Lady Banhammer and it looked like there was a chance for several of us to duke it out until I saw the ridiculous pile of scoops the raider got.

Even if I burned all my scoops on cards, I could not have made a dent. All the “contenders” would have had to burn our entire piles to bring the raider back to the realm of mortals, and that level of cooperation isn’t likely unless everyone is in the same klan. The raider most likely would have still won, it would just look like everyone else didn’t bother to play since their scoop piles would be gone.

I decided to leave the scoop mountains intact as a testament to just how broken this is at the moment.

Suggested fixes: Major reduction in number of scoops awarded for klan raids. Don’t award any klan vanilla to someone who clicks “Join Raid” but does not themselves pwn at least X number of forums over the course of the raid (where X is a number greater than 1).

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

was Posted:

Or whether changes are ever going to come. There are threads on this subject reaching back to July at least, probably even earlier.

The time has long pbumed for CZ to put up or shut up.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Signing this as a former solo player.

It’s very ridiculous on how you can stack scoops, but now, if you want to stay competitive on the top brackets, it’s raid or die. Although gaining medals weekly is good, I’d rather compete with other people than BoD and GGM.

I think Brainfreeze has exhausted the deklan method with weekly thousands of scoops. Last week, I got 1k scoops on Crab Nicholsons, and it took 4 BoD characters with raid scoops to bring me back to normal numbers, and I still got max scoops with around 350. It’s stupid.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Fran Posted:

I think Brainfreeze has exhausted the deklan method with weekly thousands of scoops. Last week, I got 1k scoops on Crab Nicholsons, and it took 4 BoD characters with raid scoops to bring me back to normal numbers, and I still got max scoops with around 350. It’s stupid.

The what method?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Inertia Posted:

The what method?

Deklan method or artificial shuffling

Have someone ready to invite, pwn denture with an alt, deklan said alt, pwn denture with another, deklan the other, pwn until all your alts are deklanned, keep switching and accepting invites, rinse and repeat.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Inertia Posted:

The what method?

Method which involves pwning 1 forum, leaving klan, having another person in the klan take it from you, rejoin klan, rinse and repeat.

if you can get 12 slow to turn forums this method can be faster than waiting for dent on a low-member raid.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

this is why i dont (usually) play dom, its pointless to be solo vs hundreds of scoops from klan vanilla

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 01/26/2009 7:25AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!