Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion The benefits or harm of the concept of 'God(s)'

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

”Entropy can be lowered by external action, e.g. solar heating action, and that this applies to machines, such as a refrigerator, where the entropy in the cold chamber is being reduced, to growing crystals, and to living organisms.This local increase in order is, however, only possible at the expense of an entropy increase in the surroundings; here more disorder must be created.

Spontaneous generation of life was ruled a scientific impossibility back at the turn of the century over a hundred years ago.

Why is it suddenly scientific that it could’ve happened billions of years ago?

Speaking of contradictions.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

What about the rest of his argument?

P.S. Smashing innocent children isn’t something you should do…

And also, why cant it be true? Is it not old enough?

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

DarkDespair5 Posted:

What about the rest of his argument?

P.S. Smashing innocent children isn’t something you should do…

His entire argument was based upon the Gospel of Judas. I answered it all.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Shii Posted:

Spontaneous generation of life was ruled a scientific impossibility back at the turn of the century over a hundred years ago.

Why is it suddenly scientific that it could’ve happened billions of years ago?

Speaking of contradictions.

No, it wasn’t deemed SCIENTIFICALLY proven it CAN’T be.

They just thought it wouldn’t. Now, with more evidence, we know it can happen.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

CroMagnon Posted:

And also, why cant it be true? Is it not old enough?

Oh, no, it’s every bit as old as the other gospels.

But considering it has a completely unknown author, of indeterminate validity, and contains no guidelines and Christian concepts for the future generations, and is not in accordance with previous revelation, it’s not canon.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

* God says that Solomon’s kingdom will last forever. It didn’t of course. It was entirely destroyed about 400 years after Solomon’s death, never to be rebuilt. 2 Samuel 7:13, 16

* God says he is going to punish Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonians for what they have done to his people As part of the punishment God will take the land of the Babylonians and “make it perpetual desolations.” A false prophecy, since present-day Iraq is quite occupied. (or at lest, it was) Jeremiah 25:12..

some more bull****.

CroMagnon edited this message on 01/26/2009 2:12AM

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

By the way, you know that “Equal in the eyes of God” still meant women had to be subservient right? It was in Judgment that they would be considered as equals.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

DarkDespair5 Posted:

No, it wasn’t deemed SCIENTIFICALLY proven it CAN’T be.

They just thought it wouldn’t. Now, with more evidence, we know it can happen.

If science is unable to create life from a primordial soup in a carefully controlled, technological lab, I completely fail to see how it would be remotely possible in some ancient pond.

Science has bigger holes in it than the creation of life anyway.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

DarkDespair5 Posted:

By the way, you know that “Equal in the eyes of God” still meant women had to be subservient right? It was in Judgment that they would be considered as equals.

I was quoting Genesis, back before sin had entered the equation. From the very beginning, God had intended to make women the equals of men in all ways.

It was sin’s taint that caused the world to be messed up, and it’s only over many years that we’ve managed to correct the issue as much as we have.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Shii Posted:

If science is unable to create life from a primordial soup in a carefully controlled, technological lab, I completely fail to see how it would be remotely possible in some ancient pond.

Science has bigger holes in it than the creation of life anyway.

Wow. Thats one slick line, there. Prove to me that creation is true then.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Shii Posted:

I was quoting Genesis, back before sin had entered the equation. From the very beginning, God had intended to make women the equals of men in all ways.

It was sin’s taint that caused the world to be messed up, and it’s only over many years that we’ve managed to correct the issue as much as we have.

Your god is omnipotent, then he must have known that woman would have sined. Its like he never wanted them to be equal then, right?

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

CroMagnon Posted:

* God says that Solomon’s kingdom will last forever. It didn’t of course. It was entirely destroyed about 400 years after Solomon’s death, never to be rebuilt. 2 Samuel 7:13, 16

* God says he is going to punish Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonians for what they have done to his people As part of the punishment God will take the land of the Babylonians and “make it perpetual desolations.” A false prophecy, since present-day Iraq is quite occupied. (or at lest, it was) Jeremiah 25:12..

some more bull****.

Solomon’s kingdom lasting forever, in a similar way to David, his father, was symbolic. Jesus was a direct descendant of both those kings, and as the eternal King, he reigns forever.

Babylon’s being turned into a land of eternal desolation was a proclamation of utter destruction against the people, not of the land itself. He meant that they would be completely crushed until nothing alive remained.

Yes, people moved in afterwards, but the empire of babylon was absolutely destroyed.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

CroMagnon Posted:

Your god is omnipotent, then he must have known that woman would have sined. Its like he never wanted them to be equal then, right?

No, because even though he knew that both would sin and fall, He already saw into the future that he would have eternal victory over sin with the death of his son, Jesus.

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Why would he let his own son die?

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Is a person who becomes a criminal due to an abusive family a sinner? Is a person who is hit in the head and becomes sociopathical a sinner? Is a person who lives around sinners all of his life and becomes one himself a sinner?

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

CroMagnon Posted:

Why would he let his own son die?

Because he loves you and I that much. We have that special of a place in his heart. Keep in mind that it’s not like Jesus was forced into this. Being also God the father phsyically incarnate in man, he could’ve easily stepped down and not done it.

Jesus loved us that much as well, that he was willing to take our sins away, just for the chance to make the world right again.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Is a person who becomes a criminal due to an abusive family a sinner? Is a person who is hit in the head and becomes sociopathical a sinner? Is a person who lives around sinners all of his life and becomes one himself a sinner?

Every single human is a sinner.

I’m every bit as bad as you and CroMagnon. Hitler and Mother Teresa are both equally guilty and equally deserving of hell.

Isaiah says famously, “Our best of deeds are dirty rags in his sight.”

This isn’t to get us feeling down about our insignificance, but it helps us to maintain a humble attitude, to remember why we do good things. Not to bring OURSELVES praise, but to glorify the father in heaven.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Why not eliminate all evil of the world if he is omnipotent?

Evil.badness > Freewill.goodness IMO

Would you rather be tortured for eternity and have free will?

Or never exist?

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Which failed. Badly too. “Jesus died for our sins.” explain that to me. Because i never realy understood it.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Shii Posted:

Not to bring OURSELVES praise, but to glorify the father in heaven.

So we are weak and worthless in the grand scheme of things? That gets me VERY down.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 01/26/2009 2:24AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!