Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music Forumwarz Idol

Endash

Avatar: 93351 Tue Dec 16 16:15:56 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Brought to you by the illustrious, and occasionally slightly inebriated:

GGM, spearheading the search for vocal talent and online charisma (no, not the in-game stat) within the Forumwarz community, asks of all Flamebate denizens and basement-dwellers alike:

Will you take up the opportunity and go for the chance to be THE FORUMWARZ IDOL?

And unlike those many “FRIEND ME” or “1354th POST WINS” threads you see scattered about, the winnings are nothing to sneeze at, either. That’s right, 10 BP AND the prestige of being the Forumwarz Idol. You have nothing to lose but your vocal anonymity!

If you’re impatient or one of those tl;dr posters:

REGISTRATION AND STIPULATION PROCEDURES

ø You must state your intention to compete in this thread!

ø Have a reliable means of recording yourself singing (i.e. microphone or audio pick-up device of some kind).

ø Have some reliable computer access, because delays just really suck for everyone involved.

ø Any and all songs permitted; foreign languages, any genre, as long as YOU are the one singing.

ø Any cover song entry is all right, as long as you host it yourself. Where you get any backing tracks is your business, as is where you host them.

LEGALITIES AND OTHER MISCELLANEA

ø All final decisions will be made by the fair vote of, and only of, the denizens of Flamebate unless extenuating cirgreat timesstances call for otherwise.

ø Contestants must sing a unique song for every round. No one-trick ponies, please.

ø GGM clan members are welcome to compete.

ø You are welcome to run ads for a candidate you like, but that’s it.

ø Otherwise, any suspicion or sign of voting shenanigans will be turned over to a moderator for scrutiny, and will most likely end in a new vote being set up.

While the rest of you may ask: “Wait, wait, what am I signing up for?”. You need not worry about slinking off empty-handed, that’s for sure. Here’s how the elimination process will work:

Log in to see images! Every contestant will record themselves singing one song of their choice. Whether they opt for the karaoke with or without vocals (easy or hard) is up to them, but the recording must be posted in this thread one week after the actual contest starts.

Log in to see images! All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be showcased in a separate thread with a poll attached, and the citizenry of Flamebate given some time to vote.

Log in to see images! (rounded up to the nearest integer) will be eliminated. A lucky voter chosen at random will get 1 BP.

Log in to see images! Each contestant will choose 2 songs of their choice to sing, and neither can be one they entered before the first elimination.

Log in to see images! All entries received before and on the day of another pre-determined deadline will be showcased in two voting threads (each one with one song from each person remaining) and subject to public vote again.

Log in to see images! Of the remaining contestants, only the top 5 voted (according to the two polls combined) will not be eliminated. Another randomly drawn voter from each thread receive 1 BP each.

Log in to see images! This time, the contestants will be given a week and a half to prepare 2 more songs. This it it, the extra time serves to ensure that they are given sufficient time to put their all into the final entries.

Log in to see images! All entries received before and on the day of the deadline will be placed in three threads with a poll attached to each, and grouped according to how the song was bumigned (by vote, choice, etc.) and put to public vote one final time to decide who will be the one who can claim the title and 10 BP.

ø The top voted great timesulatively (that is, who has the highest total of votes from Round 2 AND the Final Round) will be declared the Forumwarz Idol.

ø The 4 finalists receive 2 BP each.

ø Of course, one random voter from each thread will also receive 1 BP.

ø A final person, drawn randomly from those eliminated in the first 2 rounds of judging will win 1 BP.

Endash

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Useful Info for Contestants:

The karaokeparty site has been done away with, so you can sing anything you want if you can find the backing tracks for it.

OR

Post the title and artist of the song you want, and before the round starts, I will tubmail Dr J Dorian and he will record the backing tracks to your requests.

And if you’re name’s not in the roster, please post in the sign-up thread linked in the first post.

Endash edited this message on 01/23/2009 5:44PM

Endash

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Roster (as of Jan 23):

Yarased

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

I wan’t eather hijo de la luna from stravaganza (i think thats how you spell it) or dead boys poem nightwish, now I’m not even close to Tarja’s skills but all in the name of fun!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

You guys are seriously going to sing on the internet?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Inertia Posted:

You guys are seriously going to sing on the internet?

Spoiler: I already did.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fortunato Posted:

Spoiler: I already did.

Me too

What’s the deadline for this round?

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

hobart bliggity sez he cant post in a non-macho man thread so he has asked me to say he wants onto the roster for this.

then he sez “heres proof”

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/420611

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 01/27/2009 3:32PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

MC Banhammer Posted:

What’s the deadline for this round?

And is the contest even going?

NotJoePesci

Avatar: 6966 Sat Feb 21 00:54:31 -0500 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 14 Troll

Best ethnic friend a guy could have! Also Im not racist. -Raepdog

Why are there two threads for this? It’s confusing. Where do I sign up for this?

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Go here to sign up. this thread is just for the background sheet music…

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/23626

also, i have my cell phone which can record, but where do i upload it…

and if it’s not too late, can i have the back tracks for What I’ve Done by Linkin Park? Thanks

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

It’s not too late yet, don’t worry. Also hosting should not be too big of a problem… I’m sure there are enough people here who can suggest a good hoster for audio files.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

why the hell not.

Montressor

Avatar: 77535 Tue Jan 13 09:44:11 -0500 2009

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Where is Endash, anyway? If he’s disappeared, who will run the contest? Can we have someone else run it, and can we set a date to switch runners?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!