Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business How about a new computer store?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Fook mi Posted:

Haha, parts?

Thats a tad bit larger then a slither of an 8bit program file.

Yet people in this game receive statues, cats, leftovers, bicycles, satellite dishes, etc. in their TubMail all the time and nobody bats an eye. You’d think that finding computer parts on the internet would be a little less implausible than being sent the Venus de Milo through electronic mail.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 01/20/2009 1:08PM

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Hackers don’t buy computers. They MAKE them.

A new Hacker-only store that sells computer parts which Hackers can combine using a new crafting system, then sell on Kyoubai for mbumive profits… Hmm, yes, it’s all now starting to come together…

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Definitely agree, the PruneServ sucks balls

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Except the two level 35 forums, you can easily pwn forums without consumables. With better coumputers that give you even more ego, consumables would become completely needless.

Signed, though

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Except the two level 35 forums, you can easily pwn forums without consumables. With better coumputers that give you even more ego, consumables would become completely needless.

Signed, though

At the moment, I don’t even equip computers. The small ego bonuses mean nothing with all the ego through .moar files, high defense through .moar files, Ep2 equipment, etc. ...

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/20/2009 2:34PM

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

MC Banhammer Posted:

At the moment, I don’t even equip computers. The small ego bonuses mean nothing with all the ego through .moar files, high defense through .moar files, Ep2 equipment, etc. ...

wait, if you don’t have a computer equipped, then how are you online? (sorry, bad joke)

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

I really like free new stuff and all, but I don’t see why we would need new comps. Everyone would buy the new comp the moment the store was out and never look at it again.

Seems like a waste of dev time to implement this.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Hackers don’t buy computers. They MAKE them.

How about adding clbum-specific .moar drops? Hackers could find computer parts…

True, so how about making the exist computers more upgradable. Such as adding a cpu slot that adds processor power, or a few ram slots to increase offense/defense

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Xylon Posted:

True, so how about making the exist computers more upgradable. Such as adding a cpu slot that adds processor power, or a few ram slots to increase offense/defense

QFT. I agree with MCB that hackers would build their own comps, but then the ones in existence already need to be upgradable. Hackers don’t use ****ing eMachines.

Honestly, I’d think from a game-programming standpoint it would be easier to just make some new computers.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

SG94 Posted:

I really like free new stuff and all, but I don’t see why we would need new comps. Everyone would buy the new comp the moment the store was out and never look at it again.

You mean like every other Ep2 store?

MC Banhacker

Avatar: 56461 Tue Dec 23 18:27:44 -0500 2008

[Survivor - ForumWa-
rz Editing Booth
]

Level 68 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

OrsonScottCard Posted:

QFT. I agree with MCB that hackers would build their own comps, but then the ones in existence already need to be upgradable.

Xylon Posted:

Such as adding a cpu slot that adds processor power, or a few ram slots to increase offense/defense

Ha! I already have upgraded my computer, with cpu slots and ram slots. Four in total.

I call them “Hardware”.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

MC Banhacker Posted:

Ha! I already have upgraded my computer, with cpu slots and ram slots. Four in total.

I call them “Hardware”.

So based on your logic, a hard drive, a video card, a cable, and a single stick of RAM is considered a full upgrade?

Adding a few more slots could work in lieu of releasing more computers, but I still stand by the bumertion that the easiest game-mechanics way to fix this is by just releasing better computers. Spoof a ****ing Cray or something.

Also, MCB: love the new icon.

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Why not release computing components to bumemble in a newegg-esq store (bombshell?) complete with motherboards and set spots to be filled to make a more “realistic” computer deal. (I’ve never had a computer made entirely out of graphics cards anyhow.)

A simple example would be one Processor slot, two PCI slots, two drive slots, two RAM slots (complete with maximum card sizes), and then external devices for ****s and giggles.

Then again I may be over-thinking all this. :U

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

OrsonScottCard Posted:

So based on your logic, a hard drive, a video card, a cable, and a single stick of RAM is considered a full upgrade?

Adding a few more slots could work in lieu of releasing more computers, but I still stand by the bumertion that the easiest game-mechanics way to fix this is by just releasing better computers. Spoof a ****ing Cray or something.

Also, MCB: love the new icon.

‘Fix’?

Fix implies broken. Certainly new computers would be nice, but adding more complications to the mechanics ‘just because’? Certainly computers could use a boost to be a useful inventory slot, but suddenly going from ‘totally obsolete’ to ‘far more valuable than other existing slots’ doesn’t seem to make much sense.

Also the optional parts thing is part of Hacker mythology in forumwarz. stripping that down to everyone would reduce hackers as an interesting option.

Hackmeister edited this message on 01/20/2009 10:51PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Except the two level 35 forums, trolls can easily pwn forums without consumables.

I need to respec with a special high-defense/high-ego build if I want to take-on Dykea, and that’s WITH Pink Floyd and ****.milf and downing consumables like candy. Trolls are obscenely overpowered right now, so you might want to make your judgements based on how OTHER clbumes perform instead of your own. If other clbumes are boosted more, then you’ll be nerfed less.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Hackmeister Posted:

Certainly computers could use a boost to be a useful inventory slot, but suddenly going from ‘totally obsolete’ to ‘far more valuable than other existing slots’ doesn’t seem to make much sense.

Never said it should be more valuable. Remember, though, the most powerful hardware is a ****ING ETHERNET CABLE. This makes no goddamn sense at all. The most expensive computer available is under  5K, while the add-ons go upwards of  200K. I think there’s a hell of a lot of room to boost the comp slot up before it becomes more valuable than something holding a +15Def/+15Off/+10Luck item.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

I need to respec with a special high-defense/high-ego build if I want to take-on Dykea, and that’s WITH Pink Floyd and ****.milf and downing consumables like candy. Trolls are obscenely overpowered right now, so you might want to make your judgements based on how OTHER clbumes perform instead of your own. If other clbumes are boosted more, then you’ll be nerfed less.

I prefer the reading “Other clbumes are underpowered right now”. Needing to down consumables like candy to beat forums that are lower difficulty than you are level with some of the best equipment in the game is hardly what should be the ideal balance point.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

I prefer the reading “Other clbumes are underpowered right now”. Needing to down consumables like candy to beat forums that are lower difficulty than you are level with some of the best equipment in the game is hardly what should be the ideal balance point.

Completely agreed. You should be able to beat a forum at your character level with the average equipment for that level and few, if any, consumables. A challenge is always good, but it shouldn’t be constant brutal hardness.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Never said it should be more valuable. Remember, though, the most powerful hardware is a ****ING ETHERNET CABLE. This makes no goddamn sense at all. The most expensive computer available is under  5K, while the add-ons go upwards of  200K. I think there’s a hell of a lot of room to boost the comp slot up before it becomes more valuable than something holding a +15Def/+15Off/+10Luck item.

But it hardly should. The desire for other slots to beat or even match a primary equipment slot is silly. Most of the equipment doesn’t make sense. There’s no reason to lambast the hacker equipment because it’s actually in an easily comparable framework to real life. Computers started the game as ego boosting things. Having them advance a bit further in that direction with other stat boosts makes sense. Having them gain slots or other complex things doesn’t.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

I’m inclined to agree.

Stats:

Ego: 1680

Sexiness: 935

Offense: 110

Defense: 95

Luck: 41

Frugality: 16

Charisma: 60

Upkeep: 7

EQ:

Comp: PruneServ

Special: male reproductive organblaster

Book: Democrat

Doc: random keystrokes

Glbumes: Earbleeders

Lingerie: Corset

Music: pink floyd

Picture: my blood in the bathtub

Program: Deluxe Paperclip

Shoe: Strap-Ons

Surgery: Tonsil

Video File: ****.MILF

Web Spider: Basic

I get hit about 50% of the time for around 360 ego per hit. My last run cost me 25x5-HTPs.

I do about 2108 damage with my best attack, and about 1874 with my second-best attack. (I’ll confirm these numbers after my next run.)

Can anybody suggest tweaks to make this less brutal, or is Camwhore just woefully underpowered?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!