Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Folks selling things on kyoubai for less than the Ppwn shop sell price

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

So, I’m kinda confused. There’s a lot of folks doing this, selling mid to low tier items with a starting bid of less than the price of sale for the item in Ppwn shop. There’s almost zero demand for these items so the lions share of them are going through with no bids or 1-2 bids. I could vaguely understand the hope that folks might get a little touchy and bid them up past that sell margin…but most of them aren’t even worth 2000 flezz to begin with and they could easily just start at the sell price, ensuring that if they get a bid they at least make as much as they’d get Ppwning it.

Are folks really that inattentive of the Ppwn shop sell price when setting their minimum bids or is it just new toy syndrome?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

You know there’s a Leaderboard for number of items sold/won.

They’re building up numbers for the Leaderboard.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

If your Frugality is high enough, then you can buy items directly from their main shop for far less than their ‘Base Cost’ as computed by Kyoubai, and less than the Ppwn Shoppe selling price.

Then, by offering these items for less than they would sell for in the Ppwn Shoppe, you encourage people to buy it directly from you.

I’ve sold numerous high-end Equipments over the past few days, and I’m sure others have also used this method. The Buyer gets it for far less than he would normally pay,and in some cases, it’s an item that they could never buy (due to a lack of access to the Main Shop).

It’s a Win-Win.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

I just want to get rid of the items. It looks like I am going to have to pawn them.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

You know there’s a Leaderboard for number of items sold/won.

They’re building up numbers for the Leaderboard.

Ah, right right. I forgot that stuff. That makes it make perfect sense.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Acid Flux Posted:

If your Frugality is high enough, then you can buy items directly from their main shop for far less than their ‘Base Cost’ as computed by Kyoubai, and less than the Ppwn Shoppe selling price.

Then, by offering these items for less than they would sell for in the Ppwn Shoppe, you encourage people to buy it directly from you.

I’ve sold numerous high-end Equipments over the past few days, and I’m sure others have also used this method. The Buyer gets it for far less than he would normally pay,and in some cases, it’s an item that they could never buy (due to a lack of access to the Main Shop).

It’s a Win-Win.

Now, this I’m certain is not on the up and up. Certainly there’s folks selling things for less than they can be bought. Certainly there’s folks benefiting from access to items they couldn’t directly buy.

But if you can point to a single instance where someone is buying items from a store for less than they sell in the Ppwn shop, I’d love to hear it, because that sounds like a fantastic reason to go do that transaction a hundred billion times. Log in to see images! KindFearlessLeader edited this message on 01/20/2009 12:17AM

John Fitzger-
ald Kennedy

Avatar: 43547 2009-10-17 10:48:44 -0400

[Dead Presidents So-
ciety
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

spex offenders™ are currently in the Ppwn Shoppe. They are selling for  14,348

I can purchase them in the Main Shop for  8580

Their Base Cost, as listed by Kyoubai, is  12,000

So, if I list them for their base price, I still make a profit of  3420.

The Buyer saves  2348.

Win-Win, especially for the player that hasn’t yet purchased Episode Two.

Now, if I simply sold them in the Ppwn Shoppe, I’d only make  8100.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy edited this message on 01/20/2009 12:24AM

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

The Wandering Hypocrite Posted:

I just want to get rid of the items. It looks like I am going to have to pawn them.

Yeah, yours were some of the ones I was thinking of. It seriously is not less time to Ppwn them then it is to repeatedly type in a starting bid. At least, I think it isn’t o_O

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

Yeah, yours were some of the ones I was thinking of. It seriously is not less time to Ppwn them then it is to repeatedly type in a starting bid. At least, I think it isn’t o_O

I don’t really care what they sell for. Its not real money.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Black Dragon Posted:

spex offenders™ are currently in the Ppwn Shoppe. They are selling for  14,348

I can purchase them in the Main Shop for  8580

Their Base Cost, as listed by Kyoubai, is  12,000

So, if I list them for their base price, I still make a profit of  3420.

The Buyer saves  2348.

Yes, but that’s through the auction. Acid said ‘less than the Ppwn Shoppe selling price.’ I don’t see how the base cost really matters much as it’s variable what it sells for on kyoubai and it’s based largely on demand.

Oh, I see what you two were getting on.

When I said ‘selling price’ I meant the price YOU sell it in the Ppwn shop as. Not the price you can buy it there as. There are people who have been consistently making auctions with the starting bid less than the amount they’d make just flat out selling it in the Ppwn shop. Yes, I’m aware you can make bargain deals off of the shops, but it’s not a ‘bargain’ to the seller selling it at below sell price.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

He’s talking about the price the Ppwn Shoppe would sell the items for, not the price you get selling them in the Ppwn Shoppe

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!