Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Great idea for a moar file

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Th excellent irl tentacle enjoy video.divy 400 pieces offense +1 def +2 frugality +400 ego +1000

So this file would take 2600 different pieces but would be easy to get as it would be located in

THE EXTREMELY BORING FORUM OF MUNDANESS AND DRUDGERY 99-101 threads

and it would be the only file there

High defense forum low offense forum and a special feature where every thread clings to its last bit of pwnage left, so no one hits here. Log in to see images!

Great idea implement right away

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Can we have a “draginz” moar file too? Log in to see images!

GrahamWellin-
gton

[Transsexual-Cross--
Dressers Klan
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..........

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

GrahamWellington Posted:

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..........

Oh my meager soul I believe I have encountered an off topic post that offends me wholly.

What is your honest and humble opinion of this idea?

Childmolester

[Child molesters]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I love the idea.

GrahamWellin-
gton

[Transsexual-Cross--
Dressers Klan
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

That scale-tipping reaction was just me being neither her nor there. it’s a decent enough idea, i guess.

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

CAN WE HAVE A KAISER SPEECH .MOAR?????

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

No trolling in GD.

That includes YOU, Hadron. That file would require an average of 21946 pieces to complete, which works out to 220 forum visits and a metric ****ton of load on the server.

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

No trolling in GD.

That includes YOU, Hadron. That file would require an average of 21946 pieces to complete, which works out to 220 forum visits and a metric ****ton of load on the server.

You’re bad at math. Your guess of how many pieces to complete the file was way under and the forum visits needed was way over. You obviously didn’t read my whole post, you’re trying to compromise for your sucky ideas, and the same damn thing extended 5 minutes does not make for much load on the server. 12 visits maximum remember? Stop trolling GD and go back to “GETTING SOME ACTUAL WORK DONE HERE PEOPLE.”

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Largehardoncollider Posted:

You’re bad at math. Your guess of how many pieces to complete the file was way under and the forum visits needed was way over.

You said it’s a 2600 piece file, so the average number of pieces required is the summation of 1/(x/2600) for all numbers between 1 and 2600, which rounds to 21946.

You also said it would be the only drop in a forum that has 99-101 threads. Since each thread drops one piece, you would need to fight through 21946 threads to get 21946 pieces, and at 100 threads per visit that would work out to be 220 visits.

I’m not seeing any math errors there.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

You said it’s a 2600 piece file, so the average number of pieces required is the summation of 1/(x/2600) for all numbers between 1 and 2600, which rounds to 21946.

You also said it would be the only drop in a forum that has 99-101 threads. Since each thread drops one piece, you would need to fight through 21946 threads to get 21946 pieces, and at 100 threads per visit that would work out to be 220 visits.

I’m not seeing any math errors there.

“Th excellent irl tentacle enjoy video.divy 400 pieces offense +1 def +2 frugality +400 ego +1000

So this file would take 2600 different pieces but would be easy to get as it would be located in”

It could be 400 pieces, I’m not sure. He stated two different amounts >_>

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

400 unique pieces would require that you find an average of 2628 pieces total, requiring 27 forum visits.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Largehardoncollider Posted:

You’re bad at math. Your guess of how many pieces to complete the file was way under and the forum visits needed was way over. You obviously didn’t read my whole post, you’re trying to compromise for your sucky ideas, and the same damn thing extended 5 minutes does not make for much load on the server. 12 visits maximum remember? Stop trolling GD and go back to “GETTING SOME ACTUAL WORK DONE HERE PEOPLE.”

Simply is right on with the load. A forum which is 100 threads (or infinite as others have proposed) will cost many times over the server load of the general 5-20 thread forums we currently have because each visit will be a significantly larger amount of time spent loading new threads, playing out the battle, generating a reward, etc. E.g. the part of your daily play that is most intensive on the server. Think of it this way. Currently, a player may require loading a max of around 90ish threads per day per character purchased. With your forum, a player will now have a max of 400ish threads per day per character purchased (At 4 visits, obviously a stored 12 visit is 3 times as much). On top of that, it has a powerful moar file to encourage folks spending hundreds of visits there, which means at least for some time (and possibly permanently) there’s a group of people always doing it. Which is rather different from now as none of the most thread expensive forums are hosting very interesting moar files.

KindFearlessLeader edited this message on 01/23/2009 11:52AM

Gothzilla

Avatar: 61851 Sat Jan 10 20:35:28 -0500 2009

[Church of Drakanysm]

Level 26 Troll

HERE I AM! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

Fingerz Posted:

Can we have a “draginz” moar file too? Log in to see images!

I second the male reproductive organsucker’s idea!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!