Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Important Note: Abusing Kyoubai

anonymoushax-
or

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Wazup Posted:

Another suggestion (always linked to the problem about owning the auctions) would be to put a limit in buying objects too low for your lvl.. Ok this is harder just because you need to create smth like “objects levels” btw would be a solution.. Or instead of levels, just put restriction that links “level of player” to “value of object”; i.e. a player of level XX can’t bid on objects which value is less or equal to XXXX..

Anyway take it easy, just some thoughts..

i like buying marbles…

so not signed.

also i’m sure other high level players enjoy buying up lots of low level auctions as well

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Wazup Posted:

players with more money will own the auctions, just bidding always the higher amount.. But the problem of abusing would be solved..

If the guys with money really want something, they’re going to get it anyway, but if they started bidding the highest possible amount (and we knew they were doing it) we could just bid 1 less than the highest possible amount on all their auctions to make it costly for them.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

man-man Posted:

If the guys with money really want something, they’re going to get it anyway, but if they started bidding the highest possible amount (and we knew they were doing it) we could just bid 1 less than the highest possible amount on all their auctions to make it costly for them.

Most of the ‘fat cats’ could drop 100,000 a day on auctions and it would barely make a dent in their Flezz accounts, simply due to the fact that high end deliveries and jobs payout so much. So, this counter-strategy really wouldn’t work unless you also had a crapload of flezz, and knew what they’d bid as their maximum.

And the ones that are doing so are simply chasing the Bidder E-Peen. I don’t think anyone’s trying to snipe auctions just to be a jerk.

Wazup

Level 18 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

anonymoushaxor Posted:

i like buying marbles…

so not signed.

also i’m sure other high level players enjoy buying up lots of low level auctions as well

Well maybe could be restricted only for some types of objects, like audio files etc, anyway only things that affect stats etc.. things like junks could be left out from these restrictions..

I think that “lvl restriction” would not be a problem in any case, since if you’re high lvl you don’t need useless +1 objects (except for dominating the trades, which is anyway useless cause there is not a limited amount for every object, so finally you would not own anything) and if for examples you have alts, you can just trade money to them from your main (is it possible right?)..

The point is that i’m focusing on Auctions.. Because i’ve seen that there are some players that put high bids on low levels items, forcing low-level to spend everything they have, if they can reach that amount ofc.. The problem is not so big, since with moars, and some grinding you can easyly gain fleez/objects anyway, btw that makes the job harder for a lowbie, which can’t count on a “convenient bid”, just because XXXXX put a minimum bid of 9999999999999999 fleez…

anonymoushax-
or

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Wazup Posted:

and if for examples you have alts, you can just trade money to them from your main (is it possible right?)..

no, it’s not possible. unless u have a middleman

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Wazup Posted:

if you’re high lvl you don’t need useless +1 objects (except for dominating the trades, which is anyway useless cause there is not a limited amount for every object, so finally you would not own anything) and if for examples you have alts, you can just trade money to them from your main (is it possible right?)..

1. The higher level players are buying ‘useless items’ to pump up their Bidder Scores in an attempt to earn the Bidder E-Peen.

2. Read the very first post of this thread for the answer to whether or not Flezz transfers are allowed. Short answer: They’re not.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

anonymoushaxor Posted:

no, it’s not possible. unless u have a middleman

Which is technically possible, but highly illegal.

Wazup

Level 18 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Aw ok, got it.. and what about the restriction on items affecting stats in the auctions?

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

How about this, since the major concern is transferring Flezz, why not set it so that any money in excess of whatever the current hidden “abuse” value gets lost in the system due to hackers or some other sort of spendfriend error? This way the auctions would still go through for those who are doing so for legit reasons, people can have absurd bidding wars and actually get something from it and the flezz transfer cheating is set to EXACTLY the same limits it is now.

Admittedly people could learn the exact amount they can possibly abuse the system by for transferring flezz to and from each other but they can do that right now anyways, just with a little bit more work.

“We are sorry, but error made in accounting for transfer. In accordance to records we give what correct Flezz probably. Spendfriend to be ashamed!”

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Dunatis Posted:

How about this, since the major concern is transferring Flezz, why not set it so that any money in excess of whatever the current hidden “abuse” value gets lost in the system due to hackers or some other sort of spendfriend error? This way the auctions would still go through for those who are doing so for legit reasons, people can have absurd bidding wars and actually get something from it and the flezz transfer cheating is set to EXACTLY the same limits it is now.

Admittedly people could learn the exact amount they can possibly abuse the system by for transferring flezz to and from each other but they can do that right now anyways, just with a little bit more work.

“We are sorry, but error made in accounting for transfer. In accordance to records we give what correct Flezz probably. Spendfriend to be ashamed!”

i like this. the fat cats get to snipe the auctions all they want; the skinnier cats can bid the threshold amount to raise the bid to its max.

Joben

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

lolz apparently generichaxor is attempting to bumemble a string of ‘poor man’s anal beads.’

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/269481-marble

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/269482-marble

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Hey, I bid 7000 flezz on this for a bidder point

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/269678-marble

But It was confiscated… were there a lot of these going on with the same seller and the same buyer (me)? I think not.

I’d like my flezz or a a bidder point back please. This really seems horribly unfair. You can check my tubmail logs to see that I did NOT have relations with that auctioneer…

Ardent edited this message on 06/13/2009 9:52AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I’ve had a Marble confiscated for 5000Log in to see images!

trodas

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

I do wonder who decide what auction is “abusive” and what not in Kyoubai? I mean, I tried help fellow player who in this thread requested marbles:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/37734

Fine, why not. First time I put a sell-out price 11 Fleeez, but this time after 1,7M fleez did not buy me a useless program (grrrr), I decided I use Kyoubai as others – see what these marble-fanatics are willing to pay for these marbles Log in to see images! Why not, I thought. After all, I did not doing anything else that others, who for example complete from moar files pink floyd album or leave britney alone and then sell these items for 3,7M … so… much to my surprise, I come today on Forumwarz to learn that “Your auction was flagged as abusive. Your item has been confiscated and the auction is now closed.” in both cases of the selling marbles there:

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/298505-marble

and here

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/298506-marble

Now come on. Why I should be punished for trying to do what everyone else is doing?! Just trying to make fleez, the most of it, when I own something that is valuable, right? After all, I just want to be able to buy useless program and pink floyd (and perhaps INCIT photos too, later) and that require a insane amount of fleez. When people are willing to pay 110k fleez for marble – that is the value they valued these marbles then. I suppose. I don’t know about that, and I honestly don’t care.

What I do care is, that my marbles get confiscated (to hell with them, I want fleez) for what I see no reason at all. I lost 120k fleez over something that is happening in each auction – get cheap, sell for the highest possible price, right?

Now I just put marble on sale, mark it as fastest 12 hours auction and that it is. What is so “abusive” about it I have no freaking idea and I hope someone enlighten me.

Mainly I’m interesed how that can happen, who decide and what are the means to counterfight this action. Because if that happen when selling masterball, I wold not be so cool about it – and I quess everyone do agree that this IS highly unfair!

I don’t know how others manage to get so much fleez for some items, but I trying my best and that is including selling marbles for what I can get for them. What is wrong with that?!

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

The ‘abuse’ angle is that people could use Kyoubai to move flezz between their alts by bidding insanely high on a worthless item that no-one else will bid on.

The problem is that certain folks with a hell lot of flezz like to bid insanely high on worthless items as a ****ing contest to show off how much flezz they have.

The resolution to this conflict of interests is yet to be found.

Fair summary?

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

man-man Posted:

The ‘abuse’ angle is that people could use Kyoubai to move flezz between their alts by bidding insanely high on a worthless item that no-one else will bid on.

The problem is that certain folks with a hell lot of flezz like to bid insanely high on worthless items as a ****ing contest to show off how much flezz they have.

The resolution to this conflict of interests is yet to be found.

Fair summary?

Characters can’t bid on their alts’ auctions.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Pavilion Posted:

Characters can’t bid on their alts’ auctions.

That’s why players were acting as middlemen for each other.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I lost this auction due to stupid abuse bug. I didn’t bid much but I demand justice Log in to see images!

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/338024-marble

quangntenemy edited this message on 08/09/2009 3:30AM

d4rkened_he4-
rt

Level 32 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

I’ve had two raffle tickets confiscated for abuse…The cheapest one was at around 7,500 I think? And I have a 3rd up right now that’s also going to end up confiscated. Ugh. Why do people bid so much on those things anyway?

Also, I currently have an auction up for the book “What Do You Call a Democrat at the Bottom of the Ocean?” , it’s at 63k right now. Do you think it will be confiscated for abuse? That price is A LOT higher than what I could get for it in the Ppwn Shoppe. Is there anything I can do about it if it’s going to be confiscated?

d4rkened_he4rt edited this message on 08/10/2009 10:40PM

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

d4rkened_he4rt Posted:

I’ve had two raffle tickets confiscated for abuse…The cheapest one was at around 7,500 I think? And I have a 3rd up right now that’s also going to end up confiscated. Ugh. Why do people bid so much on those things anyway?

Also, I currently have an auction up for the book “What Do You Call a Democrat at the Bottom of the Ocean?” , it’s at 63k right now. Do you think it will be confiscated for abuse? That price is A LOT higher than what I could get for it in the Ppwn Shoppe. Is there anything I can do about it if it’s going to be confiscated?

Don’t worry about the Democrat book, that pulls in a lot of cash because it’s a one-off item and has very respectable stats. Also books in general are valued low when you sell them to the ppwn shoppe because they used to be junk items.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!