Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Important Note: Abusing Kyoubai

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

Hey does it constitute abuse if i sell a high level item/moar file to a low level newbie just for the heck of it?

Nope, I did things like that all the time. So long as it’s not in exchange for BPs, you’re fine.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

What is the official stance on scripting on kyoubai?

Landstander

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I put up 4 “delete all your files.exec” for sale at one time, and of them one was confiscated for ‘abuse’. How is that even possible?

DavyRocket

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

So this guy ( http://forumwarz.com/profiles/quangntenemy ) has a script going on which bids right after you a little higher, so buying from kyobai is impossible. The script is in use with auctions concerning low price equippable items.

http://forumwarz.com/auctions/show/183847

There’s one auction abused by him, I don’t have urls for the others but Im sure you administrators and moderators can check up his auction history.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

DavyRocket Posted:

So this guy ( http://forumwarz.com/profiles/quangntenemy ) has a script going on which bids right after you a little higher, so buying from kyobai is impossible. The script is in use with auctions concerning low price equippable items.

http://forumwarz.com/auctions/show/183847

There’s one auction abused by him, I don’t have urls for the others but Im sure you administrators and moderators can check up his auction history.

It isn’t a script and it’s perfectly legal. If you bid higher than the minimum bid and you’re the highest bidder, kyoubai will auto-bid for you, if someone bids higher than your current bid, until it reaches your bid.

Mr Horseh

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I was selling a raffle ticket(cauze i saw one a couple of weeks ago go for up to 1m for some reason) and i log on and it’s confiscated.Probs because they thought it was for bp transfer

Any1 else know why?

Ziehk

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Fingerz Posted:

If it’s not against the rules it ought to be. BP are only supposed to be BUYABLE with real money.

what’s the problem anyway, somewhere, someone, bought the bp’s

where they go afterwards doesn’t really matter, since people whos exchanging bp’s for flezz, is probably gonna do it again, and people who’s using flezz to get bp is probably not going to buy them with real money.

if there’s a problem with this then the gift bp option would have been removed a lng time ago, but that would make people buy less bp, since it’s a social tool

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

BritishSeven-
fold

Avatar: 13869 2012-10-13 16:34:26 -0400

Level 69 Troll

fabulous person

I don’t see what everyone is being so anal about BP and flezz for. If someone wants to give BP to someone else the can do it if they damn well please. Who the f*ck cares if he “gave” him flezz or not. Forumwarz is still making money from the BP that was bought to begin with.

And another thing is I noticed the buyout price for a cheap item can’t be really high which is bull****. It’s an auction meaning prices can should go as high as people are willing to bid on it or if there stupid enough to “buy it now” for an outlandish price so be it.

BritishSevenfold edited this message on 05/12/2009 12:27AM

xoid

[MMOCentral]

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

This auction got closed for abuse. I hope that it’s clear that I was trying to outbid Dunatis in order to raise my rank in the best bidder leaderboard. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I’ve lost about 4-5 auctions now due to abuse and because of my trying to get to the top of the best bidder Leaderboard and how I’ve been playing up until now, I’m skimming having no Flezz at all most of the time, especially since I Gamble for Antifreeze as well. What makes things more bothersome is that ET has told me in a TM that since it was closed you don’t even get credit from buying from that person even though Flezz transfer abuse and the Best Bidder Leaderboards are completely separate.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

hmm i thought you still get the bid score even though its closed for abuse.

oh wel

BritishSeven-
fold

Avatar: 13869 2012-10-13 16:34:26 -0400

Level 69 Troll

fabulous person

xoid Posted:

This auction got closed for abuse. I hope that it’s clear that I was trying to outbid Dunatis in order to raise my rank in the best bidder leaderboard. Log in to see images!

Principles? Log in to see images!

xoid

[MMOCentral]

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

BritishSevenfold Posted:

Principles?

The principle being that I don’t like losing flezz. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Personally I’d just like to know the exact “auction closed” amount, then I wouldn’t try to outbid Xoid for some piece of junk because the seller is unique, at least not after a certain point.

I’ve been skimming having no flezz for far too long now to be losing it for no reason Log in to see images!

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

What’s the opinion on this auction? That’s a hell of alot to pay for a crappy files. Especially one sold by a level 5 Camwhore…

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

it’s the bidder peen war Log in to see images!

bearzrnyce

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Joben

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

One of my auctions got flagged for abuse. It was for a toy eyeball of all things…

I always put up my cheap junk with no reserve to boost my Auctioneer ranking…so it’s not like i was demanding a crazy price.

The tubmail message you get is totally unenlightening. I have no idea why the auction was closed.

In this case of course, who cares it’s 4 flezz, but it left me wondering, and hoping whatever it is doesn’t happen again with a valuable item.

It would be nice if it told you the exact cause, or a short list of common reasons.

Wazup

Level 18 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

But why don’t put a game limit for every object insted of pulling it till abuse? I mean.. I dunno what you should do with java/c++ whatever you use, but if you set, for example, that an object can’t be sold in kyoubai for more than the 10% of his established price, this will prevent any abuse, and the auction, instead of closing for abuse, would stop to that price, the auctioneer would take fleez and the other player would take the object..

Only 1 real problem about this.. Once everybody learn how to handle it, players with more money will own the auctions, just bidding always the higher amount.. But the problem of abusing would be solved..

Another suggestion (always linked to the problem about owning the auctions) would be to put a limit in buying objects too low for your lvl.. Ok this is harder just because you need to create smth like “objects levels” btw would be a solution.. Or instead of levels, just put restriction that links “level of player” to “value of object”; i.e. a player of level XX can’t bid on objects which value is less or equal to XXXX..

Anyway take it easy, just some thoughts..

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!