Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Gamers help? (fallout 3)

bummoppet

Avatar: 47899 2011-07-31 00:21:31 -0400

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

I got fallout 3 today and played for about 2 hours and ended up so sick I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. Does anyone else get motion sickness from games? Any remedies?

The only things I could find online were to increase the framerates so it looks more real and sit farther away. What is weird is that I have played through both knights of the old repbublic games with no problems but the graphics are not as nearly detailed. Sims and guitar hero do not bother me either.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I’ve never had any issues with motion sickness, aside from my 30+ hour gaming marathons, but your friend the interwebs might be able to help:

http://tinyurl.com/8h89n7

bummoppet

Avatar: 47899 2011-07-31 00:21:31 -0400

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

Yeah, you must have missed the part where I said, “the only thing I could find online…” Smartbum.

I am asking a genuine question for those who game who might have had issues if certain settings or resolutions help or make things worse or if they have any other remedies.

assmoppet edited this message on 01/19/2009 1:32PM

Llama_egg

Level 10 Hacker

“Ohacku”

This is actually a common problem among gamers, and not just among Fallout 3. It’s basically the same thing as sea sickness, and normally happens due to the heavy bobbing/motion, for that reason, basically any remedy for sea/motion sickness should work.

Zi

Avatar: 10822 Wed Dec 24 04:02:22 -0500 2008

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

play in 3rd person. I have the same problem with FPSs. They make me dizzy.

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

A sure-fire remedy for sea-sickness – sit under a tree.

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

I think one of the main reasons you’re getting some type of “motion sickness” is due to the graphic quality of the game. I am bumuming you got Fallout 3 for the PC, and if you were able to play it on the PC, then your graphics card must be pretty good.

Being a console gamer and having Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360, the graphics are pretty sharp and clean. Personally, my eyes start to hurt if graphics on a TV or a Monitor are ultra sharp because I don’t really know what to look at, it’s all shining at my eyes. Also, I’m not sure if Fallout 3 has this since it’s been awhile, but it may have some sort of debris effect (random debris falling from the sky). This might add to your “motion sickness”.

All in all, you should probably get used to it, and if it’s from your PC, then I’d sit farther back. Like I said, being a console gamer, even though the graphics are very slick, I’m still like 2-3 feet away from the TV so you can take it all in.

Thus, simple sentence should sum this all up:

Fallout 3’s graphics are too damn good; this is why your eyes are hurting.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!