Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Problem with proxy bid

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

It serves no purpose other than hiding your bid. Take this auction for example: http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/9469. I put a maximum bid of 5,000, and won with 1,473, but in the end BidSquid didn’t give me the extra Flezz. This is very different from real world bidding, where you only have to pay the minimum winning bid. Still need confirmation from hog on how much he received. If he only got 1,473, then we have a serious problem.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Confirmed from hog he only got 1,473.

Now where does the 3,527 go?

Bug reported.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I reported this yesterday. Be glad it was only that much. I got hit for 3 million.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Makes you wonder which side of this coin is really ‘abusing’ the system.

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

The real question is, will we all need to report every loss to have any hope of recovering the Flezz? Or is all the flezz lost to the proxy bid system lost forever, even after it’s fixed?

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

naughty-mayhem Posted:

The real question is, will we all need to report every loss to have any hope of recovering the Flezz? Or is all the flezz lost to the proxy bid system lost forever, even after it’s fixed?

More Auctions should use the Buy It Now option to avoid this confusion.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

So has this bug been fixed? It’s causing a lot of Flezz loss I think.

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

It is still a frezz sink. I lost about 475K last night.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Not doubting you about this but have you confirmed that the full 5,000 was taken from you? You can verify this in your SpendFriend transactions here: http://www.forumwarz.com/spendfriend

EDIT – Checked with one of my alts, it does indeed take out the full amount and not refund the remainder.

aSh-gangSTA-685 edited this message on 01/20/2009 9:44AM

BarneynPenorz

Level 47 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

It also happened to me (though I have no screenies to show), BidSquid did not immediately return my excess Flezz from proxy bidding, which was about 13,000. I was about to report it, when I accidentally clicked **** OFF.

I logged in again and voila, 13k is back.

BarneynPenorz edited this message on 01/20/2009 4:26PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

This has been fixed now. Can you guys tubmail me with your losses and I will refund them?

Include a link to the auction please and the important numbers.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Actually nevermind Tubmailing me. I was able to write a query that will re-imburse you all. You should have your proxy money back within a few minutes. If you don’t, THEN tubmail me Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Actually nevermind Tubmailing me. I was able to write a query that will re-imburse you all. You should have your proxy money back within a few minutes. If you don’t, THEN tubmail me Log in to see images!

Wow, I got a lot of little refunds back that I didn’t even know about, and one BIG one on one of my Alts.

Still missing a medium sized one, but I just re-Tubmailed you about that.

This is a lot better than before. Thanks for addressing the issue so quickly.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Awesome! I got 8,027 back, but I hope you already kept in mind the reserve price, or you could be refunding too much Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Now that’s a lot of money to have tied up in Kyoubai’s Slush Fund.

glowspawn

[Uber-Newbz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Nice to see this addressed.

FWIW, I won five auctions, and got three proxy refunds today after fix of shameful mistake. I think the other two were “buy it now” grabs, so it looks like I’m taken care of.

Unfortunately, I did not bookmark the auctions I bid in, so I can’t verify if the amounts were correct – I’ll take the Trout’s word for it. I only started bookmarking AFTER noticing the proxy losses.

BTW, maybe all messages and tubmail from BidSquid could include a link to the auction in question? I’m sure others have suggested this.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

He said that the new script should automatically fix everything. And I think he did mention about making improvements to Kyoubai here and there, including a ‘My Bids’ option. My guess is that being able to search closed Auctions will be available as well.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’ve won several proxy bids where it looked like I didn’t get the full amount back, but I can’t seem to find them to make sure.

ET: Add tabs for browsing auctions you’ve bid on and auctions you’ve won, please.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!