Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Food Animal Cruelty and Meat Consumption

Cygnus

Avatar: 100228 Fri Aug 21 11:03:02 -0400 2009

[The British Gentle-
men Society
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Extremely anal (in more ways than one)!

We all know what goes on in slaughterhouses. It’s not a pretty thing. But once you’ve actually seen it in detail — everything seems to change.

I saw some of the videos on ChooseVeg.com about investigations within places where livestock is processed into food. It was the most deeply emotionally damaging thing I had experienced since reading about the Holocaust.

I just can’t believe some of the hell that exists on our own planet. For humans, and in this case, beasts. My faith in humanity just sloped downward when I witnessed some of the cruelty that took place (and God forbid, could be going on as we speak). Like somebody had put it: When you see something like this, you lose that feeling of “Oh, everything is gonna be okay. Nothing that bad could ever happen”.

I cried, and had trouble sleeping that night.

So, getting to the point, I’m not a vegetarian. I enjoy eating meat. Sure, I try to cut down on meat intake, but I find a vegetarian diet might be more of a hbumle than I could deal with.

We’re having turkey for dinner, and I get sick when I look at it. I didn’t take any.

But this is what’s been going on in my head: Even if people stopped eating meat, how would that help put an end to the merciless, often illegal practices used on livestock? There would always be someone eating meat, wouldn’t there? And, if I do eat meat, does that necessarily mean that I support animal cruelty?

I wouldn’t want to eat something that could have been beaten and left to die slowly and excruciatingly. It seems insulting. But what am I supposed to do?

In short, I don’t think it’s bad to eat meat. But it’s unforgivable to practice such abominable torture on those poor creatures.

What do you think?

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I think meat is delicious.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

You need meat. Everybody needs meat.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

If you want to continue to eat meat, INSIST on only buying free range and/or organic meat products. These animals are fed and treated better than the ones sold by discount meat packers. In addition they won’t b treated with unecessary drugs or hormones so you can feel safe when consuming it.

Also, consider buying products certified as Kosher; Kosher laws dictate that to be deemed Kosher “We may not eat animals that died of natural causes (Deut. 14:21) or that were killed by other animals. In addition, the animal must have no disease or flaws in the organs at the time of slaughter” and “The method of slaughter is a quick, deep stroke across the throat with a perfectly sharp blade with no nicks or unevenness. This method is painless, causes unconsciousness within two seconds, and is widely recognized as the most humane method of slaughter possible.” Sure it’s still a dead animal, but it was healthy at the time of slaughter and it was killed as painlessly as possible.

Oh and if you wanna see more ****ty videos, check out http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com ; it showcases the torture KFC’s “best” chicken suppliers inflict on the birds they feed us. I’ve been boycotting them for years because of what I saw and read on that website.

Cygnus

Avatar: 100228 Fri Aug 21 11:03:02 -0400 2009

[The British Gentle-
men Society
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Extremely anal (in more ways than one)!

Fingerz Posted:

If you want to continue to eat meat, INSIST on only buying free range and/or organic meat products. These animals are fed and treated better than the ones sold by discount meat packers. In addition they won’t b treated with unecessary drugs or hormones so you can feel safe when consuming it.

Also, consider buying products certified as Kosher; Kosher laws dictate that to be deemed Kosher “We may not eat animals that died of natural causes (Deut. 14:21) or that were killed by other animals. In addition, the animal must have no disease or flaws in the organs at the time of slaughter” and “The method of slaughter is a quick, deep stroke across the throat with a perfectly sharp blade with no nicks or unevenness. This method is painless, causes unconsciousness within two seconds, and is widely recognized as the most humane method of slaughter possible.” Sure it’s still a dead animal, but it was healthy at the time of slaughter and it was killed as painlessly as possible.

Oh and if you wanna see more ****ty videos, check out http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com ; it showcases the torture KFC’s “best” chicken suppliers inflict on the birds they feed us. I’ve been boycotting them for years because of what I saw and read on that website.

I think I went to the same KFC site. There wasn’t much there, but a repeat of what I had already seen, but it’s definitely changed my attitude about that place.

In one of the videos I saw, I think there were Kosher cattle that were not killed very humanely. They had their trachea extracted while being held in some machine, and were dumped on the ground, convulsing with an open, bleeding throat, suffocating and dying slowly. Jee-ZUS. Log in to see images!

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will definitely pay more attention to packaging labels that indicate free-range, etc.

Theo de Raadt

Avatar: 72133 Fri Jan 02 12:04:19 -0500 2009

[Late Yak Sectarian]

Level 31 Hacker

My brain is so full of **** that I have to spew it on Flamebate so I don't have to suffer a lobotomy

I agree with that animal cruelty part, it’s horrible. But a human being needs animal proteins.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I only buy meat from beaten animals.

The meat is always more tender that way.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I hate the **** out of organizations like PETA that have a self-righteous, in-your-face attitude, and seem to spend a lot more money on publicity than actually saving the animals (this despite being a tax exempt “charity”Log in to see images!.

That said, yeah I can see some legitimate reasons why factory farming is an issue. Prioritizing it over other vital issues? I don’t know about that.

Oh and keep in mind that plenty of human activity harms the animals – logging, development, pollution, and vegetable farming; wheat/soy harvesting alone kills millions of animals annually because they’re living in the fields when the tractors come. It’s not “unintentionally” killing them because we know it happens; we just don’t care to admit it.

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

You know what I say?

MEAT the Parents!

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Just eat vermin. I live in australia, and Kangaroo is vermin, becuase they eat everything. Its like killing rats, cept you eat them and they tast great! Just go shooin’ them.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

I used to work in a slaughterhouse. There are few things more hunger inducing that standing there as they take the pneumatic gun to the pig and prepare it to be quartered and cleaned for processing. IMHO meat is best when fresh.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Nicco Posted:

You need meat. Everybody needs meat.

I’m vegetarian, have been for years, and I bumure you you do not NEED meat. You need protein and vitamins that can be gotten from meat, but not meat itself.

That being said, I’m vegetarian for culinary reasons, not moral ones, so I’ll keep my animal opinions to myself.

Xylon

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Meat is one of the four food groups. It is a food meant for humans as we are omnivores. We eat a mixture of plants and animals. Sometimes the best meals are a mixture of the two. Vegetarians and Vegans abstain from meat by choice. However, that choice should be a personal one. Just because you like something does not mean you should press the issue to impede on others’ pursuit of happiness. I like meat. It makes me happy.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Xylon Posted:

I like meat. It makes me happy.

“Meat” is a euphemism for “male reproductive organ” here, right?

STGill

[Dev-Null]

Level 14 Hacker

DELETED ACCOUNT

MEAT! I love meat. Seriously, torture the cows, make em watch their calves starve but make sure to chop em up, porcess em and send that **** to MCDonalds.

I have NO PITY for cows. Can you see any other purpose for a cow?

MEAT IS GOOD!

Gather up all the members of PETA, put a bolt in their head process em and then send em on over to burger king for some flame broiled goodness, I mean what with their vegan diets and all they are bound to taste at least as good as a cow!

PETA BURGERS!

STGill edited this message on 01/18/2009 4:19AM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

It’s all about cost effectiveness. Any little way these companies can save a dollar per cattle, that doesn’t have a law prohibiting it, they’ll take advantage of. And it won’t change anytime soon, since most people don’t know, don’t care, or want the lowest price they can get for their food.

Xylon

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

I am not against vegetarianism. I am just saying eat a Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese before you swear off meat.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

STGill Posted:

Gather up all the members of PETA, put a bolt in their head process em and then send em on over to burger king for some flame broiled goodness, I mean what with their began diets and all they are bound to taste at least as good as a cow!

PETA BURGERS!

QFT. As a matter of fact, save a cow, eat a PETA member.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Xylon Posted:

I am not against vegetarianism. I am just saying eat a Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese before you swear off meat.

Never said you were.

And FYI, I didn’t become vegetarian (at least not fully) until I was 24, so it’s not like I don’t know what I’m missing.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!