Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help About the New Leaderboards, and Suggestion

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Honestly, I really wish ET would consider the earlier suggestion from SG – retire the flezz board. Would flezz swapping matter on any real level then? Nope.

Skipping “leader board” peens for the auction house solves the other problem. And I have won a crapload of auctions, I’m not just suggesting it because I don’t want to bother. It’s just we see the problems on day one. Why not just end the freaking problems and let the auction house be a cool trading system instead of yet another facet of the game to try to manipulate?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Deific Blunder Posted:

And while you sit there and say, “I agree.” You abuse the AH in the worst manner possible: http://forumwarz.com/auctions/show/3177

Exactly the thing ET said he would crack down on if he caught people doing it. That is what is abusing the AH looks like and you can rest bumured that they will remove your Flezz peen if that’s what you’re shooting for or you may quite possible catch a swift ban.

Whoa there, Cowboy. I recall ET talking about people collaborating with false auctions. Never did I see him say anything about running a contest with BPs, or even banning anyone.

The purpose of the AH is a Flezz sink. If someone is offering BPs as part of a contest that is linked to an auction, then not only is Flezz being, er, sunk, but money is coming into CZ IRL wallets.

I’m doing the same thing, and while it’s primarily to have enough Flezz to bid in the real Auctions (that Headset looks mighty tempting), there was never any stipulation in the Flezz E-Peen that the   had to be earned through forum grinding/item deliveries. And both TBK and I have both stated that while we’d like to get the E-Peen, we wouldn’t be mad if it didn’t happen.

I think it’s perfectly fair to be able to earn it that way, especially when he’s offering 11 BP and I’m offering up to 20 BP.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

scullyangel Posted:

Honestly, I really wish ET would consider the earlier suggestion from SG – retire the flezz board. Would flezz swapping matter on any real level then? Nope.

Skipping “leader board” peens for the auction house solves the other problem. And I have won a crapload of auctions, I’m not just suggesting it because I don’t want to bother. It’s just we see the problems on day one. Why not just end the freaking problems and let the auction house be a cool trading system instead of yet another facet of the game to try to manipulate?

Scully although I agree with you 99.99% of the time, I don’t see how it’s a problem other than the ability to transfer HUGE amounts of flezz unfairly.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

Whoa there, Cowboy. I recall ET talking about people collaborating with false auctions. Never did I see him say anything about running a contest with BPs, or even banning anyone.

The purpose of the AH is a Flezz sink. If someone is offering BPs as part of a contest that is linked to an auction, then not only is Flezz being, er, sunk, but money is coming into CZ IRL wallets.

I’m doing the same thing, and while it’s primarily to have enough Flezz to bid in the real Auctions (that Headset looks mighty tempting), there was never any stipulation in the Flezz E-Peen that the   had to be earned through forum grinding/item deliveries. And both TBK and I have both stated that while we’d like to get the E-Peen, we wouldn’t be mad if it didn’t happen.

I think it’s perfectly fair to be able to earn it that way, especially when he’s offering 11 BP and I’m offering up to 20 BP.

Sorry if it seems like my scruff is up. I just think it’s another way to get around something that’s in place, namely, “Cheater.” Purchasing flezz with BP through the AH is still purchasing flezz with BP, now has anyone from CZ said it’s wrong yet? No. And the fact remains that this is all just my opinion and we all know how that saying goes.

The Biscuit -
Kid

Avatar: 97122 Wed Jan 28 02:18:59 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

Raping The Gingerbread Man since 1992.

Deific Blunder Posted:

And while you sit there and say, “I agree.” You abuse the AH in the worst manner possible: http://forumwarz.com/auctions/show/3177

Exactly the thing ET said he would crack down on if he caught people doing it. That is what is abusing the AH looks like and you can rest bumured that they will remove your Flezz peen if that’s what you’re shooting for or you may quite possible catch a swift ban.

I think you’ll find that, if you read my contest thread, I am not going for the Flezz E-peen. Hell, I even said that I won’t do any more of the same type of contest in the future, just to stop myself from getting the E-peen. I’m merely getting a bit more Flezz for items.

The Biscuit -
Kid

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

Sorry if it seems like my scruff is up. I just think it’s another way to get around something that’s in place, namely, “Cheater.” Purchasing flezz with BP through the AH is still purchasing flezz with BP, now has anyone from CZ said it’s wrong yet? No. And the fact remains that this is all just my opinion and we all know how that saying goes.

I am not “purcashing” Flezz with BPs. I am running a legitimate contest for BPs.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware that in the process of this contest I am going to get a large amount of Flezz. But I think I’ve earned it by creating said contest and giving away BPs to players that need them. Again, I have no desire for the Flezz E-peen.

The Biscuit Kid edited this message on 01/17/2009 2:07AM

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

quangntenemy Posted:

I think the epeens won’t be rewarded until they sort out the problems with them. For now from my observation they have not been added yet.

http://www.forumwarz.com/leaderboard/epeen/152

http://www.forumwarz.com/leaderboard/epeen/15

I believe ET said he wanted to wait until it got more competitive. Ask and ye shall receive.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

The Biscuit Kid Posted:

I am not “purcashing” Flezz with BPs. I am running a legitimate contest for BPs.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware that in the process of this contest I am going to get a large amount of Flezz. But I think I’ve earned it by creating said contest and giving away BPs to players that need them. Again, I have no desire for the Flezz E-peen.

Like I said. It’s only my opinion, but I feel you are putting spin on the quite obvious truth. You are using BP, to get people to give you flezz. That is lottery winner. You are now using BP to fuel your gear/play and you aren’t being removed from the competitive aspects of forumwarz. This is, in my opinion, wrong. Buying up flip-flops, to me, is just not comparable.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Deific Blunder Posted:

Like I said. It’s only my opinion, but I feel you are putting spin on the quite obvious truth. You are using BP, to get people to give you flezz. That is lottery winner. You are now using BP to fuel your gear/play and you aren’t being removed from the competitive aspects of forumwarz. This is, in my opinion, wrong. Buying up flip-flops, to me, is just not comparable.

Seconded.

Oddly, besides not getting the cheater label, the people running these contests are getting the Flezz CHEAPER than the Lottery Winner deal! Hell, maybe we should all run one of these contests; it’s the best deal going.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Seconded.

Oddly, besides not getting the cheater label, the people running these contests are getting the Flezz CHEAPER than the Lottery Winner deal! Hell, maybe we should all run one of these contests; it’s the best deal going.

brb making contest thread.

Because, just like every other exploit in a system, it’s totally legal till there’s a ban on it Log in to see images!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Deific Blunder Posted:

Scully although I agree with you 99.99% of the time, I don’t see how it’s a problem other than the ability to transfer HUGE amounts of flezz unfairly.

There are over 100,000 characters on this site. All have the potential to earn flezz and bid. There are 3 active admins and 2 mods (all of which are not adequately compensated for their time if I understand correctly.) You don’t see why monitoring this situation, dealing with the speculative reports and being completely unable to confirm slow burn transfers is a horrible waste of time that could be spent adding new game enhancements? I don’t want ET and crew to have to worry about watching the auction house to see if player A is playing a trading game with player B.

Flezz doesn’t really matter in this game. Anything you can buy can absolutely be earned in under a month. I love that. I love that a new player can start a character and a month later they have damn close to the same equipment that a veteran player has. That is a wicked cool thing. On the flip side, I play KoL which has an open transfer economy and I often send starter packs to new players. It gives them an encouraging boost and I really don’t think is a bad thing. It wouldn’t really be a bad thing on here either – except it jerks the leader board around.

God only knows why anyone cares if the flezz board is manipulated when almost every other leader board can be purchased in a very straightforward manner for BPs. The pixels can all be purchased people, they are utterly meaningless in any way except as a collectible.

scully edited this message on 01/17/2009 2:22AM

The Biscuit -
Kid

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

I see where you’re coming from, and I respect your opinion. I can see how this may upset a few people here, so, as I’ve said before, I will be running no more contests of this nature after my current auction has finished.

If the Forumwarz team decides what I’m doing it wrong, then my auction should be removed. I will, however, still give the current highest bidder the 11 Brownie Points, because I know he/she needs them for furthering their Forumwarz gameplay.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

There are over 100,000 characters on this site. All have the potential to earn flezz and bid. There are 3 active admins and 2 mods (all of which are not adequately compensated for their time if I understand correctly.) You don’t see why monitoring this situation, dealing with the speculative reports and being completely unable to confirm slow burn transfers is a horrible waste of time that could be spent adding new game enhancements? I don’t want ET and crew to have to worry about watching the auction house to see if player A is playing a trading game with player B.

Flezz doesn’t really matter in this game. Anything you can buy can absolutely be earned in under a month. I love that. I love that a new player can start a character and a month later they have damn close to the same equipment that a veteran player has. That is a wicked cool thing. On the flip side, I play KoL which has an open transfer economy and I often send starter packs to new players. It gives them an encouraging boost and I really don’t think is a bad thing. It wouldn’t really be a bad thing on here either – except it jerks the leader board around.

God only knows why anyone cares if the flezz board is manipulated when almost every other leader board can be purchased in a very straightforward manner for BPs. The pixels can all be purchased people, they are utterly meaningless in any way except as a collectible.

I agree with what you are saying here completely, but how does this collaborate to your argument to “skip over” the peens for these leaderboards, which may or may not, ever exist? I don’t see how they would impact the situation of slow burn xfers. That’s where you are losing me. The two points are mutually exclusive.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

The Biscuit Kid Posted:

I see where you’re coming from, and I respect your opinion. I can see how this may upset a few people here, so, as I’ve said before, I will be running no more contests of this nature after my current auction has finished.

If the Forumwarz team decides what I’m doing it wrong, then my auction should be removed. I will, however, still give the current highest bidder the 11 Brownie Points, because I know he/she needs them for furthering their Forumwarz gameplay.

That’s mighty fine of you and if it actually comes to that, I would be willing to go 5 of those eleven. This isn’t some personal vendetta and I love this game too, I’m just getting my feelings out there.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

OrsonScottCard Posted:

the people running these contests are getting the Flezz CHEAPER than the Lottery Winner deal!

Not exactly. TBK is currently paying 11 BP for 5.2 Million  .

My contest is set up to pay 3 BP for as little as 4,500,000  , and is open-ended up to 20 BP.

The Lottery Winner Cheat is 3 BP for 5 Million  

Both contests are gaining us less   than simply using the Cheater Option. Hell, if this is a problem, then I’d be happy to limit it to 1 Million   per BP.

I’m simply red-lining the engine.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

The leaderboards are worthless now, anyway. They were fun back in the day, but now there’s a Cred cap, Forumbuilder is boring, INCIT is boring, etc. I say stop giving away E-Peen for them altogether, all they’ve done for most of this game’s history is promote cheating and douchebaggery.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 01/17/2009 3:43AM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

NVM, not going to go there. It’s not worth it.

Acid Flux edited this message on 01/17/2009 2:47AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Lmbo, honestly I had intention to do that WAY Before I saw that there were any leaderboards. Only noticed those last night. I just wanted to **** around with it. That’s what I like to do.

Topping the leaderboard was a bonus that I realized shortly after starting. Don’t care that much if there’s a peen for it, I had tons of fun, and that’s a lot better than a peen.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Deific Blunder Posted:

I agree with what you are saying here completely, but how does this collaborate to your argument to “skip over” the peens for these leaderboards, which may or may not, ever exist? I don’t see how they would impact the situation of slow burn xfers. That’s where you are losing me. The two points are mutually exclusive.

How does it all fit in together for gaming the boards? Well, let me set up my five hundred auctions for a partner to buy out. Tomorrow they can set theirs up. I will go ahead and buy those with a different alt to get that flezz shifted and we can do that back and forth until all our flezz is where we want it. Then we can simply keep buying each other’s crap until everyone else is sick of buying/selling as much as we do everyday. These things are all interlinked and destined to cause server lag and auction house clogging.

I know you play WoW. There is no way you are unaware of how any system where characters can interact works.

So why does manipulating a leader board have anything to do with earning flezz? No one capable of utterly gaming this system needs to “grind for equipment.” In case anyone out there missed it, that was Episode 1 – we are good to go now. I can earn 200k a day when I bother and I am not maximizing my profits. I picked up 4.5 million today auctioning crap and buying people’s underpriced “oh god there is a leaderboard!” stuff. (You all should keep listing things for a buy out of 1/10 of what they sell for, those auctions are awesome! Log in to see images! )

Flezz gathering is so utterly meaningless when compared to the recent “uncheat” it’s silly to even talk about it. It is now possible to “Game Dolphin” your way to level cap re-re and then uncheat. This is a serious shift in game play and time investment when compared to giving a buddy enough flezz to get the file he wants.

So with the new uncheat a player can buy their way up to level 35, but it’s the fact that they might get to skip grinding for a whole week (omg! horror) to have a base of their best available clbum equipment that is bugging you? Again, this is really a matter of perspective. We are not dealing with a finite supply – people will keep earning .moar files. Pandora’s box is open, it is too late. Two weeks from now flezz transfer will mean absolutely nothing beyond gaming a leader board or helping a friend/klannie get the gear they need.

Downside, what little was left of leaderboard integrity is shot to hell. Upside – there is actually more of an incentive to function socially within a klan environment. I guess I’ve just been thinking about it since SG posted her link and all I can really think is – why on earth should it be a bad thing for klannies to help each other? *Someone* had to take the time to earn the flezz. The effort has been put in. Again, it all comes down to gaming a leader board. That is where the bad kicks in, so why not just kill the problem?

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

How does it all fit in together for gaming the boards? Well, let me set up my five hundred auctions for a partner to buy out. Tomorrow they can set theirs up. I will go ahead and buy those with a different alt to get that flezz shifted and we can do that back and forth until all our flezz is where we want it. Then we can simply keep buying each other’s crap until everyone else is sick of buying/selling as much as we do everyday. These things are all interlinked and destined to cause server lag and auction house clogging.

I know you play WoW. There is no way you are unaware of how any system where characters can interact works.

So why does manipulating a leader board have anything to do with earning flezz? No one capable of utterly gaming this system needs to “grind for equipment.” In case anyone out there missed it, that was Episode 1 – we are good to go now. I can earn 200k a day when I bother and I am not maximizing my profits. I picked up 4.5 million today auctioning crap and buying people’s underpriced “oh god there is a leaderboard!” stuff. (You all should keep listing things for a buy out of 1/10 of what they sell for, those auctions are awesome! Log in to see images! )

Flezz gathering is so utterly meaningless when compared to the recent “uncheat” it’s silly to even talk about it. It is now possible to “Game Dolphin” your way to level cap re-re and then uncheat. This is a serious shift in game play and time investment when compared to giving a buddy enough flezz to get the file he wants.

So with the new uncheat a player can buy their way up to level 35, but it’s the fact that they might get to skip grinding for a whole week (omg! horror) to have a base of their best available clbum equipment that is bugging you? Again, this is really a matter of perspective. We are not dealing with a finite supply – people will keep earning .moar files. Pandora’s box is open, it is too late. Two weeks from now flezz transfer will mean absolutely nothing beyond gaming a leader board or helping a friend/klannie get the gear they need.

Downside, what little was left of leaderboard integrity is shot to hell. Upside – there is actually more of an incentive to function socially within a klan environment. I guess I’ve just been thinking about it since SG posted her link and all I can really think is – why on earth should it be a bad thing for klannies to help each other? *Someone* had to take the time to earn the flezz. The effort has been put in. Again, it all comes down to gaming a leader board. That is where the bad kicks in, so why not just kill the problem?

This only focuses on 1 board in particular. Flezz Leader, which anyone who doesn’t already have the peen will agree with you with you on. I have stated before I just hate to see peens retired because it’s 1 more thing a player like myself who has only been with the community for a brief period of time can never achieve.

Now, without sounding like a male reproductive organ(I hope) if you think that mbum flooding of the AH with items like flip-flops while any number of people buy them back and forth is somehow detrimental other than latency, then you have a lack of experience with AH’s on video game mediums.

1) Listing the items in this way takes an excessively long amount of time(Not so much on FW cause of scripting) and buying them on almost any game takes just as long if not longer. This is not a productive or efficient way to transfer money in any way. Even RMT(Real Money Traders) do not operate in this fashion as it is unreliable and grossly ineffective. I bought hundreds upon hundreds of flip-flops, my arm hurts I bought so many, it took me multiple hours and alot of dedication. Ask Shii how he felt about losing just 1 of those hours.

2)This is not cost effective. Selling the flip-flops I bought would net me a roughly 4-6K profit for roughly 4 hours of work or 1,250Log in to see images!/hr. I don’t know J-macs figures, but in all likelyhood, he ended losing more than what I would have profited on them due to cost to buy, listing fees and profit margin. You don’t pbum money to friends in minute increments that you end up paying more for to transfer than what you were sending was worth. It’s against spreading wealth and it would take a full-time team to do it properly.

3) I’m not sure if you were talking about just driving people away from the AH with the buy/sell method or if you meant monopolizing when you said, “until everyone else is sick of buying/selling as much as we do everyday,” so I will address them both in turn. The AH, as most Online AHs do, has a search function which lets you avoid ever having to deal with a product you aren’t looking for and if you just want to sift through for deals, there are handy-dandy filters. As far as monopolization goes? I would like to welcome everyone on FW to capitalism. AH control is a very effective means in which to make money in a game that features an AH and is almost omnipresent in every one of them. If I had the flezz to buy every single Pink Floyd, I would. Horde them to drive up demand and then slowly sell them so they price spike when people get their hands on them.

You will find tons of flip-flop instances in every game that features an AH. Whether it be Crystals in FFXI, Low Level craft mats in WoW, or dyes in DAoC. They all serve a purpose. Someone gathered them up and sold them to profit, then someone else bought them to do the same thing. In the case of the flip-flops, the profit was an early crack at a possible peen and ticket onto a leaderboard. It in no way, other than latency, impacts the games ability to function.

Deific Blunder edited this message on 01/17/2009 5:13AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!