Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature It's time to retire the Flezz leaderboard.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

SG94 Posted:

So you’re going to remove the “give me all your Flezz” contests and the auctions involved in them?

Buying BP isn’t ‘Easy Abuse’. It sounded to me like the discussion was revolving around people manipulating the auctions in private groups. I’m looking forward to seeing how CZ responds when the Auctions in question are actually generating real-world revenue for them.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think what people are neglecting to note is that the flezz board is not this pure and unsullied sacred cow.

-Early in Episode 1 gamblebot had weird rules that favored the player. Unless you were seriously foolish you made flezz steadily. This went on for at least a month before it was fixed – it had a large impact on the leaderboard.

-Streaking and min repair came next. Yeah, we put it in the wiki, but it gave a huge advantage at the time to those in the know.

-DML trolls + Faux News! Hello now no one can do anything except the trolls.

-Episide 2. Players with inside knowledge and/or stockpiles of consumables made a killing overnight. And then there was a short time frame while forums delivered huge piles of flezz.

-Followed by the sudden unannounced price slashing that hosed over everyone who hadn’t sold their junk items.

-And now we have auction transfers. Just browsing last night I saw at least 30 “exploit” auctions. And there are contests based on flezz bids.

It’s just time to say, screw it. These things have been ridiculously unbalanced forever, why keep trying to band aid a situation when simply removing the major incentive will make such a large difference?

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

scullyangel Posted:

I think what people are neglecting to note is that the flezz board is not this pure and unsullied sacred cow.

-Early in Episode 1 gamblebot had weird rules that favored the player. Unless you were seriously foolish you made flezz steadily. This went on for at least a month before it was fixed – it had a large impact on the leaderboard.

-Streaking and min repair came next. Yeah, we put it in the wiki, but it gave a huge advantage at the time to those in the know.

-Episide 2. Players with inside knowledge and/or stockpiles of consumables made a killing overnight. And then there was a short time frame while forums delivered huge piles of flezz.

-Followed by the sudden unannounced price slashing that hosed over everyone who hadn’t sold their junk items.

-And now we have auction transfers. Just browsing last night I saw at least 30 “exploit” auctions. And there are contests based on flezz bids.

It’s just time to say, screw it. These things have been ridiculously unbalanced forever, why keep trying to band aid a situation when simply removing the major incentive will make such a large difference?

i dont agree with retiring it, as it would make that peen for it obsolete.

if youre going to retire a board, make it the auction ones since they are mbumively exploited already

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

scullyangel Posted:

What does this have to do with Flezz? The profit from grinding Faux with DML was nothing compared to camwhores grinding other forums. AFAIK camwhores still dominated the   leaderboard back then.

Also it’s kinda easy to say screw it when your efforts on getting that peen is less than a third of mine (and I even haven’t got it yet)

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

quangntenemy Posted:

What does this have to do with Flezz? The profit from grinding Faux with DML was nothing compared to camwhores grinding other forums. AFAIK camwhores still dominated the   leaderboard back then.

Also it’s kinda easy to say screw it when your efforts on getting that peen is less than a third of mine (and I even haven’t got it yet)

I really don’t feel like quibbling over effort with you, especially since this is GD not whiny ****es, so please don’t play troll bait. Faux News was more profitable – there was a bit of an in klan debate about FN vs PrayPal with DML trolls and cams laying out cred/luck/charisma and delivery details. FN was kicking PrayPal’s bum for a correctly spec’d DML troll. Maybe you should have focused less on always having the fastest speed run and more on what would have helped your leader board goal.

Individual players will play differently and experience different things, but as general game observations, I stand by my original points.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

I really don’t feel like quibbling over effort with you, especially since this is GD not whiny ****es, so please don’t play troll bait. Faux News was more profitable – there was a bit of an in klan debate about FN vs PrayPal with DML trolls and cams laying out cred/luck/charisma and delivery details. FN was kicking PrayPal’s bum for a correctly spec’d DML troll. Maybe you should have focused less on always having the fastest speed run and more on what would have helped your leader board goal.

Individual players will play differently and experience different things, but as general game observations, I stand by my original points.

It’s fine if you want to keep your points, but I’d like to show you some statistics I pulled off the Flezz leaderboard:

Camwhores (23): 7u880y, Arktor, badfish23, Bill_Murray_Fan_7383, Bling Fling, Chelsea Clinton, Cubear, Fran, happy-chan, Jubbles, Misuzu, naughty-mayhem, Obsessed, scullyangel, sexymoma, Simon Groothuizen, Sindeee, Sir Tasnica, Studly_Pianist, UnderageSexbomb, Viviella, xXx-Fallen_Angel-xXx, yogi_lolcat

Emo Kids (17): Allen, Ary, Crnobog, dark-chaos, eponymous_ennui, Fallen_Angel, Halberd, jessibot, key1001, longname_jones, Megaflare, sanguine hart, Seafea, slackingest, Small Timid Ognord, The Wandering Hypocrite, Truck Driver

Troll (6): Catt although, male reproductive organ Liquor, Grendel, Maha, PhonesItIn, was

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Absolutely correct. What is shocking is how many Emo’s there are since they simply never had any love beyond their very early “overpowered” attacks that were swiftly nerfed.

Your player number is 14557.

male reproductive organ Liquor’s is 43618. Catt Although’s is 46806. was’ is 40896.

You began playing the game several months before these other troll character’s who had to deal with exactly the same game conditions you did – and yet they were able to achieve this peen. I really am pretty sure that play style, focus and optimization make a difference.

I’m not suggesting this to screw you over, or anyone. What I don’t want is to see game development sit on the back burner because ET has to spend 4 hours a day sifting through reports of flezz transfer abuse. How about we agree to differ and let it be.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Now that trolls can finally play with their charisma, the board will end up gone… Log in to see images! Yes I know I’m naive and wouldn’t have a chance but I still planned to try though I guess after reading this thread why bother people are making it known it won’t be possible to reach it (sans the exploits that should be fixed).

elenaratelimit edited this message on 01/17/2009 9:53AM

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

Absolutely correct. What is shocking is how many Emo’s there are since they simply never had any love beyond their very early “overpowered” attacks that were swiftly nerfed.

male reproductive organ Liquor’s is 43618. Catt Although’s is 46806. was’ is 40896.

You began playing the game several months before these other troll character’s who had to deal with exactly the same game conditions you did – and yet they were able to achieve this peen. I really am pretty sure that play style, focus and optimization make a difference.

I’m not suggesting this to screw you over, or anyone. What I don’t want is to see game development sit on the back burner because ET has to spend 4 hours a day sifting through reports of flezz transfer abuse. How about we agree to differ and let it be.

Only male reproductive organ Liquor got it before ep2, and that was why I considered him the best player on Forumwarz. Catt and was got it when ep2 came before the Flezz cap was introduced. I must admit that I made a mistake of selling all my items in an all-out attempt to win before the board was dominated by camwhores, but my plan failed (you was the one who screwed it up). But anyway we both know who was the one at fault. This time I started a thread describing my worries about the auction house, but it wasn’t enough. But I still want the problems to be solved in a reasonable way, not by throwing away everything.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

quangntenemy Posted:

Only male reproductive organ Liquor got it before ep2, and that was why I considered him the best player on Forumwarz. Catt and was got it when ep2 came before the Flezz cap was introduced. I must admit that I made a mistake of selling all my items in an all-out attempt to win before the board was dominated by camwhores, but my plan failed (you was the one who screwed it up). But anyway we both know who was the one at fault. This time I started a thread describing my worries about the auction house, but it wasn’t enough. But I still want the problems to be solved in a reasonable way, not by throwing away everything.

I just want to add to this. I backed in to the epeen, I believe, after the Flezz cap. I was not aiming for it and I didn’t know I was close to the top until after I got the epeen.

male reproductive organ Liquor got the epeen after accidentally selling all of his junk from grinding Faux News. Faux News plus min repair equaled Log in to see images!14,000,000

As a side note. I doubt anymore emos will get the epeen because they have the lowest charisma of any normal clbum.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I don’t think it should be retired.

Maybe now non-camwhores can finally get that e-peen…

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

scullyangel Posted:

Don’t feed the troll, scully. quangntenemy is only “concerned” because he screwed up two times and didn’t got his Flezz E-Peen. Whereas, while he was hogging the Cred leaderboard back on EP1 and Faux News + DML, everything was fine and sunshine.

About the leaderboard, can’t we make Auction money don’t count towards the leaderboard? Otherwise, I think it’s time to remove it, really.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

Don’t feed the troll, scully. quangntenemy is only “concerned” because he screwed up two times and didn’t got his Flezz E-Peen. Whereas, while he was hogging the Cred leaderboard back on EP1 and Faux News + DML, everything was fine and sunshine.

About the leaderboard, can’t we make Auction money don’t count towards the leaderboard? Otherwise, I think it’s time to remove it, really.

Auction money just makes the leaderboard more obtainable to those who have not been around for long, or have been grinding endlessly.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Largehardoncollider Posted:

Auction money just makes the leaderboard more obtainable to those who have not been around for long, or have been grinding endlessly.

It’s also open for exploitation, as everyone has noticed already. Maybe if the CZ team was faster to shut down these. >_>

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

It’s also open for exploitation, as everyone has noticed already. Maybe if the CZ team was faster to shut these down. >_>

Fixed your bizarre romantic grammar

No paying BP for peens is a time honored tradition. CZ just needs to create more flezz sinks, i.e. the headset, to give other players a chance to get up in the leaderboard, and maybe get some of those flezz sinks for themselves.

EDIT: I am also glad somebody outbid me in your auction, once i learned my precious  Log in to see images! Colonel Bear edited this message on 01/17/2009 6:50PM

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Largehardoncollider Posted:

EDIT: I am also glad somebody outbid me in your auction, once i learned my precious  Log in to see images!

Supply and demand, friend. This is a free market. Learn it or perish in flames.

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

Supply and demand, friend. This is a free market. Learn it or perish in flames.

What does that have to do with me trying to escape from giving you money?

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Fran Posted:

Stop talking like it was my fault when u didn’t even try and only benefited from the cred cap. Also male reproductive organ Liquor was the one who hogged it and I only proved it possible to overtake him if you try hard enough.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Not EviI Tro-
ut

Avatar: 101514 Mon Dec 29 17:25:31 -0500 2008

Level 15 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

SG94 Posted:

Cool. We should keep the flezz leaderboard up for longer. I would like to see a reward for extended pink floyd farming.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!