Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 kyoubai issues, put em here or listen to mine heh

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

ET-

Would it be possible to let the Kyoubai! interface parse commas in numbers without returning an error? So if I wanted to bit a million flezz, I could either enter “1000000” or “1,000,000”. Letting people use commas is a good way to help people who are vigilant yet imperfect from accidentally mispricing their bids (reserves, buyouts, etc.), since there is no way to retract any of these things.

While we’re on that note, it would be nice to show auctions you are participating in but not necessarily running somehow.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

xXxJUNEGUY1xXx Posted:

While we’re on that note, it would be nice to show auctions you are participating in but not necessarily running somehow.

Yes, we definitely need a “view my bids” option or something

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Cannabis_clock Posted:

or B:combine all of a single item sold by different people into one tab(ex:7 people are selling pink floyd and it appears u8nder a single tab)

You can already search by name. I’m not sure how putting them in a tab is better than just opening a tab on your web browser, with that search.

It could be useful to be able to put more than one of an item in an auction. That way, if someone wanted to bid on, say, ten 5-HTPs, they could do it in one auction rather than tracking ten separate auctions.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

ShadyPixels Posted:

Yes, we definitely need a “view my bids” option or something

That’s coming soon, per the Blog.

Grundellingu-
s Q Fudge III

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Is there any way to tell if an auction has a reserve, and even better, if that reserve has been met? Maybe I’m an idiot and can’t see something, but it’s frustrating.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Grundellingus Q Fudge III Posted:

Is there any way to tell if an auction has a reserve, and even better, if that reserve has been met? Maybe I’m an idiot and can’t see something, but it’s frustrating.

No it’s not, try the FAQ too. Has answers.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 01/20/2009 9:16AM

Grundellingu-
s Q Fudge III

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Johnny Mac Posted:

No it’s not, try the FAQ too. Has answers.

What?

I checked both the FAQ in the wiki and the FAQ thread and while they both had answers, they did not appear to have answers to the questions that I asked.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’ve fixed a couple of issues with proxy bidding.

The major one is: if your bid fails, it will raise the current bid to be what you just typed in, not the minimum bid.

Also, alts cannot outbid each other (previously they could if it wasn’t an alt’s auction.)

More coming soon.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

I’ve fixed a couple of issues with proxy bidding.

The major one is: if your bid fails, it will raise the current bid to be what you just typed in, not the minimum bid.

Also, alts cannot outbid each other (previously they could if it wasn’t an alt’s auction.)

More coming soon.

Do we have an ETA on when the bug regarding won auctions not refunding the leftover balance of the proxy bid?

I.E., I Proxy bid 50,000. The Auction ends and I win, with a bid of 26,000. I receive the item from BidSquid, but the leftover 24,000 of my proxy bid disappears?

Example: http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/15078

I got my item, but never got the refund of the  23,750.

To be honest, I didn’t really mind paying  50K for the File (otherwise I’d never have bid that much in the first place). But since I won it for less, I think I’m supposed to get a refund?

Acid Flux edited this message on 01/20/2009 4:51PM

MufordRiggas-
not

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

This morning I submitted a bid of b Flezz on an item. My account was debited and that amount went into escrow for the auction. The auction ended at x Flezz with me as the high bidder and I received the item, but I was expecting BidSquid to send me b-x Flezz as a refund. It hasn’t happened yet, and it has been a little over 3 hours. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding the proxy bid system?

edit: Just saw the other thread that Acid referenced below – thanks

MufordRiggasnot edited this message on 01/20/2009 4:55PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

MufordRiggasnot Posted:

This morning I submitted a bid of b Flezz on an item. My account was debited and that amount went into escrow for the auction. The auction ended at x Flezz with me as the high bidder and I received the item, but I was expecting BidSquid to send me b-x Flezz as a refund. It hasn’t happened yet, and it has been a little over 3 hours. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding the proxy bid system?

Evil Trout Posted:

This has been fixed now. Can you guys tubmail me with your losses and I will refund them?

Include a link to the auction please and the important numbers.

Total-Connec-
tions

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I thought it was weird not getting the refunds, but also thought that’s just how the system works… although buying for a 1000 flezz thing with 50000 (I don’t know why I did that… ) kind of left me a bad taste in my mouth. (Yes, I got the memo on the flezz being return, much obliged)

On a rather unrelated issue, when I first saw this system discussed, I understood you could auction parts of your files, a sort of part-swap mechanical shop… is this valid, was it ever considered, will it be implemented or is it just garbage under the rug by now?

Edited for another problem, can’t sell my file named Ernest Goes to Camp: Again!.divy – it’s a weird thing, it’s been doing that since the system is going. It just won’t show on the list of possible sell items, although it’s not equiped.

Total-Connections edited this message on 01/20/2009 8:16PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Total-Connections Posted:

Edited for another problem, can’t sell my file named Ernest Goes to Camp: Again!.divy – it’s a weird thing, it’s been doing that since the system is going. It just won’t show on the list of possible sell items, although it’s not equiped.

Considering that there are other versions of this item in the auction house right now, is it possible that your copy just isn’t repaired to 100%? You can’t sell damaged items in the auction house.

Blaster

[Master Blaster]

Level 29 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

A jscript popup requesting confirmation of a “Buy it now” click would be pretty handy. A misclick on an overpriced item can be annoying.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Considering that there are other versions of this item in the auction house right now, is it possible that your copy just isn’t repaired to 100%? You can’t sell damaged items in the auction house.

I noticed that a few items that I’d never worn at all had decayed to 99%. This may be the case here, depending on how long you’ve had the item for.

At least with .moar files, their base cost is so low, fixing them is very inexpensive.

MC Banhacker

Avatar: 56461 Tue Dec 23 18:27:44 -0500 2008

[Survivor - ForumWa-
rz Editing Booth
]

Level 68 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Blaster Posted:

A jscript popup requesting confirmation of a “Buy it now” click would be pretty handy. A misclick on an overpriced item can be annoying.

signed

Total-Connec-
tions

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Thanks for the answers guys, that might be it.

Total-Connections Posted:

[...] when I first saw this system discussed, I understood you could auction parts of your files, a sort of part-swap mechanical shop… is this valid, was it ever considered, will it be implemented or is it just garbage under the rug by now?

Bumped for answer if it’s possible.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I got outbid in an auction but my alt can’t bid on it. Isn’t it kinda inconvenient?

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I wasn’t refunded the difference on this auction -> http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/15288

This is just confusing -> http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/15667

Also, while having a bunch of do-nothing options in the “Clbum” list is a nice touch, it makes it very annoying to use. Perhaps you could add an “Other” option to the “Usage” list, and use JS to have it only show clbumes that fall under that usage?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

quangntenemy Posted:

I got outbid in an auction but my alt can’t bid on it. Isn’t it kinda inconvenient?

To me, this is fine to prevent manipulation. However, being able to rebid to increase your proxy would be a great option. That’s all I was ever using my Alt re-bids for TBH.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!