Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ [CLOSED] Kyoubai FAQ

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Spirithound Posted:

Another thing I’d like to see happen is if I make a bid higher than the “minimum”, but lower than the highest proxy, I want my bid to actually register and raise the going amount.

That should happen. Let’s say there as a bid on an item for 5,000  ,and there’s also the proxy bid of the same person(obviously) on it for 20,000 . You bid 10,000  on it, and it registers, but then the shown bid raises up to 11,000 , or somewhere around that, to beat out your using the proxy bid.

There’s a message that also displays that says your bid was successful but you are not he highest bidder because there was a proxy bid.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

But currently, if you bid more than the min but less than the proxy, your bid registers as the min.

(Also, I just noticed that the area where you write your post is resizable. Is that new?)

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

Q) What items are considered ‘Special Items’ by the auction house?

A) (excluding the male reproductive organblaster, uniques, and raffle tickets)

Bicycle

Sexual Relations With That Woman

Deed to Indian Burial Ground

The Color Orange

Empty Gas Pump

male reproductive organblaster

Electric Transportation Device

Seasonal Centerpiece

Easter Eggs

Gilded Walnut

Moist Sock

Hitler’s First Moustache

Improvised Fleshlight

Leaked Children’s Novel

Q) Why are the above special items?

A) ????

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Spirithound Posted:

But then logically your bid would become the highest proxy bid, and the whole thing wouldn’t show unless it’s reasonably close to the previous bid.

By highest proxy bid I mean the maximum amount the current winner entered. For example player A puts the maximum amount of 1,000 but only the proxy bid of 200 is displayed. If player B puts 500 which is less than 1,000 kyoubai only accepts it as 300 or something. But if he puts 2,000 then he will be the highest bidder with a proxy bid of something like 1,100

We all know that it’s ugly when in real world the proxy bid should be 500-501 in the first case and 1,000-1,001 in the second one. Whether this would be changed or not is still a mystery.

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

Q) What items are considered ‘Special Items’ by the auction house?

A) (excluding the male reproductive organblaster, uniques, and raffle tickets)

Bicycle

Sexual Relations With That Woman

Deed to Indian Burial Ground

The Color Orange

Empty Gas Pump

male reproductive organblaster

Electric Transportation Device

Seasonal Centerpiece

Easter Eggs

Gilded Walnut

Moist Sock

Hitler’s First Moustache

Improvised Fleshlight

Leaked Children’s Novel

Q) Why are the above special items?

A) ????

They’ll be special in Episode 3 maybe. Or they could merely be design mistakes.

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Q: Can I see what else a particular seller is selling? a la ET

Right now the answer is no, sure it’s a feature request but I think it would be a good question to add to the FAQ.

SR6

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Q: I have an item I want to put up for auction but it doesn’t show. Why not?

A: Items must be at 100%, and unequipped, to be auctioned.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Q: An Auction just ended, and I was the High Bidder. Why have I not received my item from BidSquid yet?

A: Three possibilities.

First, if the Seller set a minimum reserve price for the item, and if your highest bid did not equal or exceed that minimum reserve, then the Auction has ended and your bid will be returned momentarily.

Second, if you were the High Bidder and you met or exceeded the reserve price, then you have won the Auction! Just give Bidsquid a few minutes to finalize the transaction and he will delivery your item via Tubmail ASAP.

Third, it is possible that a glitch has occurred. We recommend that if you have not received either your bid refunded or the item in Tubmail after about ten minutes, then please report this as a Bug.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Q: I don’t have the tubmail from the squid, so I can’t get to the auctions. Why not?

A: You need to actually play the game a bit before you get it. If you haven’t beaten Fitness fabulous personry, you won’t get the TM.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Q: Is there a way to track my bids?

A: Yes, look at My Bids.

Q: If my item got sold, do I get my deposit fee back?

A: Yes, you do.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Can I sell flezz for BP?

TimRobinson

[2ch]

Level 14 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

What is the point in you reserve price? If I wanted to sell something at a price no less than X I’d just set the starting price at X and be done with it.

Hovewer if i put an invisible reserve price – i;m just playing chances with buyer – which is kind of pointless if i want to sell the thing.

I’m kind of new here so I’m obviously missing something. Is it related to the sum kyonay charges for auctioning?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

TimRobinson Posted:

What is the point in you reserve price? If I wanted to sell something at a price no less than X I’d just set the starting price at X and be done with it.

Hovewer if i put an invisible reserve price – i;m just playing chances with buyer – which is kind of pointless if i want to sell the thing.

I’m kind of new here so I’m obviously missing something. Is it related to the sum kyonay charges for auctioning?

A higher starting price requires a higher deposit, which is riskier to the Seller (you lose your deposit if the item does not sell). But for some items, you need to clear a certain amount to make it worth actually selling on Kyoubai. (i.e., higher than your actual purchase price of that item. To minimize risk, some Sellers keep the opening bid low but put the reserve amount higher.

Also, some items have a current market value that far exceeds the maximum starting bid or Buy It Now that can be bumigned to the item. Pink Floyds, for example, usually sell for at least  4,000,000 or more. And yet, the maximum starting bid is  98,500, and the maximum Buy It Now is  283,900. That’s a huge difference.

LRFLEW

[n00bs united]

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Q) I got junk for pwning a forum. Should I sell it on Kyoubai?

A) Not really. The only reason anybody would want to buy your junk is to make a profit themselves, generally meaning a loss for you.

Q) There is a thing that says how much an item is worth. How should I use that to determine what price to make my item.

A) I recommend aiming under that price, but over the price you can get at Ppwn Shoppe.

Q) Why would I sell it for less than I bought it for? If I do that, I don’t get a profit.

A) That’s not the point of Kyoubai. It is to sell your items to make some of your money back.

I hope to see less useless junk on Kyoubai now. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

LRFLEW Posted:

Q) Why would I sell it for less than I bought it for? If I do that, I don’t get a profit.

A) That’s not the point of Kyoubai. It is to sell your items to make some of your money back.

Sir I think you are wrong.

People make profit all the time

LRFLEW

[n00bs united]

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Inertia Posted:

People make profit all the time

Only because the buyers are idiots.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Not necessarily. The secret is “Frugality”.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

FalCoN Posted:

Not necessarily. The secret is “Frugality”.

Shhh! Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Closing FAQ, we have a knowledgebase now.

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

NOOOOO

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

MC Banhammer Posted:

Closing FAQ, we have a knowledgebase now.

Not closed. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!