Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ The Forumwarz Guide to Reporting Typographical Errata (Typos)

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Now that I’ve dutifully closed FAIL’s ”I found a misspelling” thread, I thought I would start a new thread outlining the ground rules to flagging typos through our bug report system. I thought I would…and I did! (As you can clearly see.)

I’ll eventually go through that old thread, but from here on in, you’re much better off reporting typos as bugs.

Properly reporting a spelling or grammar mistake can earn you the “Ol’ Spread-Eagle Eyes” E-Peen™. But too many people have been overzealous in their pursuit of this coveted badge of honor. Hence…

THE RULES:

Anything in a community-built forum (i.e., Forumbuildr) doesn’t count. Unless there’s a badly formed madlib (which should’ve been voted out to begin with). That goes for the forum’s description, which we don’t write.

Anything in blogs or on Flamebate doesn’t count. Basically, it’s got to be part of the game proper. Reporting an admin’s Flamebate typo might get you banned. That’s how annoying it is.

Anything posted in Spoilerpedia doesn’t count. For Christ’s sake, it’s the ****ing walkthrough anyone can edit! If there’s a typo, just fix it!

Petty, straw-grasping matters of style don’t count. People send in reports of “typos” when they’re really just flagging our use of casual English. This isn’t a textbook, people. Please don’t waste our time with trivialities.

Stuff that nobody could possibly give a **** about doesn’t count. This covers a lot of territory, and it’s a bit vague, but think before you post: Is this really an issue? Do I really think this is worth posting about? Or am I just trying to get an E-Peen™? (And yes, we know the feed for E-Peens is still referred to as “exploits” on their user profile. We can’t fix that. Ever.) For instance, yes, sometimes Bruce Bear types without a “lisp.” That’s because it would be ridiculous to try to read otherwise.

Stuff that isn’t actually wrong doesn’t count. We try to be consistent with our use of American English. That means reformed spelling, punctuation within the quotation marks and no Oxford commas (as in this sentence). However, being Canadian, we might slip up once in a while — and we kinda don’t care. This is a big site with lots of text. Even The New York Times has inconsistencies. We’re looking for major, obvious errors.

Spelling errors within forums that are obviously created by our Unintelligencer machine translation tool don’t count! I’m amazed that people actually bring them up.

NOTE: A lot of stuff is buried deep within the code and I can’t access it myself. So text apart from item descriptions, bookmarks, conversations and so on are Evil Trout’s domain, and not likely to be corrected anytime soon. Unfortunately, that may delay your Peen indefinitely.

Thanks for continuing to improve this amateurishly written site! For further information on the Forumwarz Style Guide, feel free to send me a Tubmail.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Stick?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Inconnu Posted:

Stick?

Okay, you twisted my arm Log in to see images!

This will be stickied, but not permanently…it’s getting a bit congested up there.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

I really have to resist the urge to type “in b4 sticky.”. Damn.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I’d say keep this sticky for a couple of days, then add to the FAQ so threads reporting typos can be deleted for being covered by the FAQ.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

posting in a sticky

Johnny Mac edited this message on 02/01/2009 4:19AM

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

glad I got this peen alreadyLog in to see images!

wonder what typos remain in the game, probably in obscure places like .moars and junk descriptions

Bigandtasty edited this message on 02/01/2009 6:26AM

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Can you put a list of people who received the epeen here everytime you go on a typo-fixing spree? I see many new players getting the peen but I still haven’t got it even though I reported more than once in the other topic so I have a feeling I have been missed out Log in to see images!

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Anything in a community-built forum (i.e., Forumbuildr) doesn’t count. Unless there’s a badly formed madlib (which should’ve been voted out to begin with). That goes for the forum’s description, which we don’t write.

I know you said about things in a forum but a blatant misspelling in the title of a community forum is pretty annoying.

Rule Thirty-Fourum

Every time I look at this my bum cheeks clench up a bit Log in to see images!

Can it be changed?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Auser Posted:

I know you said about things in a forum but a blatant misspelling in the title of a community forum is pretty annoying.

Rule Thirty-Fourum

Every time I look at this my bum cheeks clench up a bit Log in to see images!

Can it be changed?

It’s intended to be a pun of Rule 34 forum.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Oh cool Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

quangntenemy Posted:

Can you put a list of people who received the epeen here everytime you go on a typo-fixing spree? I see many new players getting the peen but I still haven’t got it even though I reported more than once in the other topic so I have a feeling I have been missed out Log in to see images!

No offense, but that’s an ulcer-inducing idea. It’s tough enough going through all the tickets as it is — there’s no easy way for me to simply search the site’s fulltext and correct things.

Currently, we have a huge backlog of typos but I’m waiting on some interface improvements before I consider tackling them. There are many dupes, so the first reporter gets the Peen, unless they were posted really close together. I know it’s not a perfect system, but the Peen’s not worth that much anyway Log in to see images!

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Oh, oh, oh, I got something that can go under “Stuff that nobody could possibly give a **** about”! Maybe I’m just anal about things, but the heterozygous tiger in the Illegalities store is not the rarest tiger in the world. That would be reserved for the Maltese Tiger.

Like I said. Stuff nobody… give ****… blah blah blah…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!