Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature A simple change that would make forum fighting more strategic and less grindy

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

This suggestion involves making it so that instead of every forum having a set range of pwnage and attack numbers, each thread has a set range of pwnage and attack numbers, and each forum has a certain number of these ranges. A forum could have a heavily offensive type of thread, a heavily defensive type of thread, and a type of thread with pretty good in both categories. Some thread types have “titles”, which are highly rare and grant them special abilities. Mousing over a thread gives it’s stats.

Sticky:Stays at the top of the forum. Stronger than a normal thread. As long as this thread stays alive, new threads will be made periodically.

Depressing:Unavoidably inflicts some damage upon entering the thread. Making G! one of these could make it more unpwnable.

Heartwarming:Thread can choose to heal itself with a typical post rather than attacking you.

BelovedLog in to see images!wn this last, because destroying this thread makes everyone hate you and hit harder in future threads.

And many others.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

good ideas imo

trespbumersw-
ill

Avatar: 103299 Fri Jan 16 02:30:06 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Camwhore

I HAVE DIFFICULTIES LETTING GO OF FORUMWARZ

Seems more complicated than simple.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Big Brother Posted:

This suggestion involves making it so that instead of every forum having a set range of pwnage and attack numbers, each thread has a set range of pwnage and attack numbers, and each forum has a certain number of these ranges. A forum could have a heavily offensive type of thread, a heavily defensive type of thread, and a type of thread with pretty good in both categories. Some thread types have “titles”, which are highly rare and grant them special abilities. Mousing over a thread gives it’s stats.

Sticky:Stays at the top of the forum. Stronger than a normal thread. As long as this thread stays alive, new threads will be made periodically.

Depressing:Unavoidably inflicts some damage upon entering the thread. Making G! one of these could make it more unpwnable.

Heartwarming:Thread can choose to heal itself with a typical post rather than attacking you.

BelovedLog in to see images!wn this last, because destroying this thread makes everyone hate you and hit harder in future threads.

And many others.

will the player get boosts as well?

otherwise a lot of these threads just become weaker geronimo threads… (u hit for 1000, they kill u due to power boost)

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

No, they’re not like that.

Like, maybe instead of how it is now, the l35s would have one type of thread that only hits you for 200 but has loads of pwnage, and another that hits you for 600 but can be killed swiftly.

Players get bonus in the form of the opposite of boosted threadsLog in to see images!

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Big Brother Posted:

No, they’re not like that.

Like, maybe instead of how it is now, the l35s would have one type of thread that only hits you for 200 but has loads of pwnage, and another that hits you for 600 but can be killed swiftly.

Players get bonus in the form of the opposite of boosted threadsLog in to see images!

so its not an insane power boost,

it just makes the thread reasonably harder

that makes sense

good idea imho

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

For those asking for more strategy, realize that’s largely also a major shift in a bunch of other things. A lot of the high end moar files would be totally ridiculous if folks spent 5-10 minutes each forum instead of 30-150s on them. Domination Vanilla and Lemon are both based heavily around the time it takes. As it takes more time, it will augment the advantages of teams of people working together over solo users.

Not that I’m against such things, but nothing exists in a vacuum.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Hackmeister Posted:

For those asking for more strategy, realize that’s largely also a major shift in a bunch of other things. A lot of the high end moar files would be totally ridiculous if folks spent 5-10 minutes each forum instead of 30-150s on them. Domination Vanilla and Lemon are both based heavily around the time it takes. As it takes more time, it will augment the advantages of teams of people working together over solo users.

Not that I’m against such things, but nothing exists in a vacuum.

This is my simple suggestion. You should be glad you didn’t see my other, more complicated suggestion, which could make it take up to 30 minutes to pwn a forum.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Sounds pretty good.

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

I approve

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I like these ideas.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Big Brother Posted:

This would single-handedly kill the RNG for farming .moar files. Imagine finding HOFF with a Sticky thread. I’m against all the RNGs out there so for me it would be a good thing, but chances are CZ wouldn’t agree with me.

Idea looks good, may need some shaping tho.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Fran Posted:

This would single-handedly kill the RNG for farming .moar files. Imagine finding HOFF with a Sticky thread. I’m against all the RNGs out there so for me it would be a good thing, but chances are CZ wouldn’t agree with me.

Idea looks good, may need some shaping tho.

Just make it a small random percentage chance, adjustable based on the difficulty of the forum. Or exclude certain forums from having certain ‘thread types’.

I_AM_RESISTY

Avatar: 15269 Sat Dec 20 12:49:51 -0500 2008

Level 27 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Doable and interesting.

If it gets done, it will probably be done as an addition to Ep 3.

That’s when the huge changes to gameplay are done.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I was thinking that the way stickies work, they wouldn’t keep the forum afloat forever, just far longer than they would otherwise. Like every time you pwn three threads, two new ones appear.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

I’m all in favor of less grind and this sounds like a good way to do just that. I fully support this idea.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

If anyone’s interested in what I consider my better suggestion, TM me for it. I won’t post it publicly for now because it involves moore changes and I’m afraid I’ll get lauged out of flamebate.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Very much signed. Could be interesting to have some additions to pwning a thread or forum.

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Great ideas. This would make FWZ look more RPGish and less straight forward as it looks now. With a little effort put on, it’s a great improvement.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!