Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sex 2 easy petitions to improve the game

Zebulun284

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

1. Forums pwned in your current streak are highlighted in red on the forums/community forums tab. It’ll make it easier to avoid breaking streaks, and **** fewer people off.

2. INCIT: If no one else votes for the submission you vote for, you lose one point on your submission. This would help fix the issue of dumpvoting. Worst case scenario is that dumpvoters start trying to vote for mediocre submissions instead of terrible ones, which is still an improvement.

Thoughts?

BrainpanSona-
ta

Avatar: 36331 Thu Feb 05 22:13:20 -0500 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Trespbumers will be violated. Survivors will be violated again.

I agree with 1, neutral on 2.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I don’t like 2, because even though I agree dumpvoting is hugely a problem, sometimes people just have different senses of humor and vote for things people don’t like.

There are a LOT of submissions that get only 1 vote, usually.

Zebulun284

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Shii Posted:

I don’t like 2, because even though I agree dumpvoting is hugely a problem, sometimes people just have different senses of humor and vote for things people don’t like.

Good point. I just think we need to do something to make INCIT work the way it’s supposed to. I rarely go there anymore because I’m sick of seeing dumpvoted entries that don’t even make sense beat ones that are genuinely funny.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

For INCIT, it’s simple.

Award players 1 Chocolate Scoop for every five times they vote for a winning submission. At that rate, it’s not going to break Domination even if a well organized Klan actually cheated.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Zebulun284 Posted:

1. Forums pwned in your current streak are highlighted in red on the forums/community forums tab. It’ll make it easier to avoid breaking streaks, and **** fewer people off.

Good idea. Having to flip back and forth between those tabs drives me nuts, and I’ve killed 16+ streaks twice because I went to the wrong damn forum.

Acid Flux Posted:

For INCIT, it’s simple.

Award players 1 Chocolate Scoop for every five times they vote for a winning submission. At that rate, it’s not going to break Domination even if a well organized Klan actually cheated.

I like this idea. It rewards you rewarding useful people, and it would help get more non-submitters to vote.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

1. ET has stated it would make a lot of lag to run the check wether or not to highlight a forum red each time every player ent to their page. Specily when the player can easily take out 4-5 minutes to write down all the forums on a notepad and eraser the names as you go by.

2. Don’t care about incit so didn’t read.

SplodeyDopy

[iBoxxy]

Level 34 Emo Kid

desperate attention whore

I totally agree on 1 it sucks when you accidentely break your streak. Log in to see images!

maybe instead of a highlight a cool emoticon Log in to see images!

i don’t realy agree on 2, sometimes you vote for something realy good and you still are the only one.. dumpvoting is indeed a problem though, i try to avoid it since helping yourself to win is pathetic,, Log in to see images!

it’s like e-peen masturbation and god doesn’t like that Log in to see images! SplodeyDopy edited this message on 01/12/2009 5:03AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Bookmarks > Forums > Streak

SplodeyDopy

[iBoxxy]

Level 34 Emo Kid

desperate attention whore

Johnny Mac Posted:

Bookmarks > Forums > Streak

That’s not realy improvement…

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

SplodeyDopy Posted:

That’s not realy improvement…

It’s your answer to problem one.

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

you can organise forums pwned and the community ones alphabetically

then open notepad and use the process of elimiation

its been helping me anyway

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

ezek Posted:

you can organise forums pwned and the community ones alphabetically

then open notepad and use the process of elimiation

its been helping me anyway

Lots of good ways to do it, but it seems like CZ should be able to find one that can be integrated into the game instead of making players keep a separate record or try to toggle between two tabs.

RenanMaGuS

Level 33 Emo Kid

I am a stupid lazy whore, but I don't care!

Shii Posted:

I agree with shii

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Lots of good ways to do it, but it seems like CZ should be able to find one that can be integrated into the game instead of making players keep a separate record or try to toggle between two tabs.

They haven’t so far due to performance reasons (it requiring a join between your streak and forums table to produce the results each time you view it). Whether this will remain the way in the future, *Shrugs*

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Although it is a pain at times, it adds a little more challenge to streaking…it forces you to pay attention! Log in to see images!

BucketOf

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Maybe give us the option to mark the forums pwned ourselves? Like a small checkbox or something?

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

CaptainDDL Posted:

Although it is a pain at times, it adds a little more challenge to streaking…it forces you to pay attention! Log in to see images!

Performance reasons are a good reason for how streaking is done currently.

“Making it harder” by obscurity of information is a bad reason.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Why should CZ do something that could require days of codeing when you could take FIVE MINUTES to write forums down in a note pad or on a piece of paper.

Zebulun284

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Crinkz Posted:

Why should CZ do something that could require days of codeing when you could take FIVE MINUTES to write forums down in a note pad or on a piece of paper.

The point is that it would be relatively easy to code. But if the explanation for why it hasn’t been done yet is to prevent lag, it might be better off leaving it the way it is. A manual check box system or something might be a good compromise, though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!