Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Fran is Fat serioulsly CZ.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Is this going to be allowed as a forum, or will this be one of if not the first you will have to remove?

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Holy ****, it jumped back into the lead!?

Hell yes Log in to see images!

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Fran said in another forum that she didn’t have a problem with it, but I would hope that CZ would not open the floodgates to this being a personal attack site.

I mean, seriously, ForumWarz is supposed to be SPOOFING forum trolls, and here we are trying to make a single-person troll a permanent part of the game. Bad idea.

(Edit: I can’t tell the difference between ‘t’ and ‘w’, apparently.)

OrsonScottCard edited this message on 01/11/2009 3:51PM

1338h4x

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Fran said in another forum that she didn’t have a problem with it, but I would hope that CZ would not open the floodgates to this being a personal attack site.

I mean, seriously, ForumWarz is supposed to be SPOOFING forum trolls, and here we are trying to make a single-person troll a permanent part of the game. Bad idea.

(Edit: I can’t tell the difference between ‘t’ and ‘w’, apparently.)

It’s not trolling a single person so much as trolling all of Forumbuildr. Besides I doubt other such ideas would get voted in after we’ve got one.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Actually this is a more complicated question than just “can we have this be just personal attacks?”

A lot of experienced buildr players are sick of forums about sex or easy jokes. Some are delighted that “FRAN IS FAT” is in the lead because 1. it proves the system is broken and 2. at least it’s really different, if nothing else.

It’s not really a personal attack. I know who made it (wasn’t me) and I know Fran approved it even before it started getting tons of votes. The most important thing to remember is that tons of attacks are submitted every week. Most of them disappear right away because they’re incredibly dumb. SOmething like lololololsigisagaylololo LOL SIG IS A STUPID ****ING fabulous personGOD HOMOGAY DUOCHE topic1 Sig topic2 is topic3 gay and boom, -5 right away. FRAN IS FAT has the benefit of actually being pretty funny. I know I’m looking forward to writing for it.

Lastly, EVERYBODY complains about forumbuildr forums. There’s been a “THIS WEEK SUCKS” thread every single week for the last two months at least. So this thread against FRAN IS FAT should be weighed with a grain of salt against them too.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Fortunato Posted:

A lot of experienced buildr players are sick of forums about sex or easy jokes. Some are delighted that “FRAN IS FAT” is in the lead because 1. it proves the system is broken and 2. at least it’s really different, if nothing else.

You get no arguments from me on that point, and I conceded in the first place that Fran herself was cool with it. Even so, I think that proving the system is broken only becomes meaningful if the damage done is then fixed, i.e. not followed through with in this case. If the forum is actually made, it won’t prove anything except that the forum idea won. It’s only revolutionary if CZ see it for what it is and respond.

BrainpanSona-
ta

Avatar: 36331 Thu Feb 05 22:13:20 -0500 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Trespbumers will be violated. Survivors will be violated again.

I think the fact that it’s the only forum idea that was advertised means something as well. Not just against Fran is Fat, but for the power of community advertising.

1338h4x

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

BrainpanSonata Posted:

I think the fact that it’s the only forum idea that was advertised means something as well. Not just against Fran is Fat, but for the power of community advertising.

I’ve seen forum ideas advertised in the past – and previously it’s been more of a magnet for downvotes.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Yeh, frankly, I’m sick of sex forums myself.

I humor myself into thinking I’m an experienced ForumBuildr, and even if FRAN IS FAT is very special as hell, it proves there’s something wrong and hopefully it will get fixed.

I’d personally like to see downvoting done away with entirely.

BrainpanSona-
ta

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Just checked the rankings… FiF is in second now with 3 hours 49 mins to go. Downvote it or upvote others as you please, people!

UPDATE: ****, it’s tied with Atheists’ Heaven now… somebody downvote it!

BrainpanSonata edited this message on 01/11/2009 5:42PM

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Upvoting.

Fran moves from poster unto legend?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I asked Fran if she minded and she said she didn’t.

Otherwise I might have blocked it, but what the hell. If it wins, go crazy and have fun with it.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Would actually publishing it mean that the fact that a lot of people voted for it as a protest for the sorry state of forumbuildr gets largely ignored?

Or are those concerns being heard and considered, but we’re going to get to do a really goofy (arguably out of place) forum?

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Evil Trout Posted:

I asked Fran if she minded and she said she didn’t.

Otherwise I might have blocked it, but what the hell. If it wins, go crazy and have fun with it.

Best admin ever.

Attention Wh-
ore

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 14 Camwhore

WILL SUCK male reproductive organ FOR ATTENTION

I approved of the idea before it was submitted… it was in an afternoon on IDC, we were joking about how bad forumbuildr was, and ideas for forums bashing CZ members started coming, FRAN IS FAT being one of them. I thought it would be a funny idea, and before I realized it the idea was on buildr.

I thought it was going to be instantly -5’d, so how it kept itself in the lead for most of the week was pretty surprising.

But, yeah, I don’t mind the forum. People call me fat even when I’m not looking, so a forum is the least of these problems. Log in to see images!

(and seriously, I wrote “I’m not easily offended” when I started this game, I follow it deeply!)

Oops, alt fail. Fran here Log in to see images! Attention Whore edited this message on 01/11/2009 7:00PM

BrainpanSona-
ta

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Would actually publishing it mean that the fact that a lot of people voted for it as a protest for the sorry state of forumbuildr gets largely ignored?

Or are those concerns being heard and considered, but we’re going to get to do a really goofy (arguably out of place) forum?

I’ve been thinking it may be a case of klan voting (or klan downvoting), which is against the rules. Other than that, if it had been better worded I would’ve voted for it. IMO, Fran is a on-site meme in her own right.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

BrainpanSonata Posted:

I’ve been thinking it may be a case of klan voting (or klan downvoting), which is against the rules. Other than that, if it had been better worded I would’ve voted for it. IMO, Fran is a on-site meme in her own right.

Guaranteed not klan voting. Everyone who’s smart likes this idea.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It isn’t a personal attack, it shouldn’t be allowed because it completely discourages new people from enjoying Buildr and turns it into one big inside joke “we’re too cool for the room” meta-circle jerk that won’t do anything constructive to “fix” the problems that people have attributed to Buildr and will only beget more lazy and ****ty entries.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

doctormale reproductive organtor Posted:

It isn’t a personal attack, it shouldn’t be allowed because it completely discourages new people from enjoying Buildr and turns it into one big inside joke “we’re too cool for the room” meta-circle jerk that won’t do anything constructive to “fix” the problems that people have attributed to Buildr and will only beget more lazy and ****ty entries.

Seriously? That’s like saying allowing whichever new Sex joke forum to win will cause all the smart people to give up because such low brow humor is allowed to win.

It’s a democracy. Grow up.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

handofg0d Posted:

Seriously? That’s like saying allowing whichever new Sex joke forum to win will cause all the smart people to give up because such low brow humor is allowed to win.

It’s a democracy. Grow up.

Oh please, like FWZ ever had humor that wasn’t lowbrow. ****ty entries win, people have their “brilliant” submissions downvoted, they get bumhurt, bawwwwwwwwwwwww, we get it.

How the hell is a new player going to write for the forum? Like I said, it’s a lazy meta-forum that amounts to a circle-jerk for the oldfabulous persons while the newfabulous persons stand gaping on the sidelines, wondering why the denizens of FWZ are all such gigantic fabulous persons.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!