Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News I tried to kill myself yesterday

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

Patch The Darknut Posted:

Yes, there is.

I know you would never do something like this, but…don’t kill yourself over it, okay buddy? They don’t understand.

Patch The Da-
rknut

Avatar: 57089 Sat Jan 10 17:36:45 -0500 2009

Level 23 Emo Kid

In a sad way Raepdog misses you... Oh gay friend.. oh I love the gays..

The Unknown Comic Posted:

I know you would never do something like this, but…don’t kill yourself over it, okay buddy? They don’t understand.

*headdesk* Not funny.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Requesting move to GRP

Seriously Patch is trolling everyone here and mods aren’t punishing that because they’re afraid of him having “suicidal” thoughts all over again

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Fran Posted:

Requesting move to GRP

Seriously Patch is trolling everyone here and mods aren’t punishing that because they’re afraid of him having “suicidal” thoughts all over again

Maybe you bumume he’s trolling because you’ve never been in the place he is. Consider yourself lucky.

Patch The Da-
rknut

Level 23 Emo Kid

OD’ing on tylenol.

Obviously, it didn’t work.

Yay, psychiatrists an mental health professionals.

Quoting for the sake of preserving the orig. message.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I got my Fluoxetine prescription today. It’s… a little slow, but it’s okay. The suicidal thoughts have left, but I’m still bummed out. I lost the will to try suicide again after I saw how badly it would’ve hit everyone. I’d rather be homeless than ruin everyone else’s lives.

I think it takes a few weeks to work. I used to be on it but my doctor moved and I didn’t want to go see anyone else. Quitting it cold turkey is not real fun either though.

Patch The Da-
rknut

Level 23 Emo Kid

Wylin Posted:

I think it takes a few weeks to work. I used to be on it but my doctor moved and I didn’t want to go see anyone else. Quitting it cold turkey is not real fun either though.

I’m supposed to take two pills each day after the first week. When it’s working real well, does it actually “up” your mood?

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Wylin Posted:

It does take a few weeks for full effect, and I agree that quitting antidepressants blows.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Bling Fling Posted:

Maybe you bumume he’s trolling because you’ve never been in the place he is. Consider yourself lucky.

I’ve worked with quite a few people with suicidal thoughts. They haven’t gone to internet forums to show camwhore-ish pics of themselves with the hospital’s bracelet or the internal bulletin.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

“The hardest thing in this world, is to live in it.” – Joss Whedon

The planet is on a downward spiral. Apathy and general unkindness spread daily. As a species we have embraced our baser selves – celebrating the bully and living in bubbles where what happens to others is “not my problem.”

If you feel empty and like a burden, if you don’t want your life, give it to others and be a rebellious force spreading a little wacky goodness. It is easy to start small – smile at everyone you pbum. You’d be surprised at how often you will be the only smile the person gets.

EDIT: Also, I don’t give a crap if Patch is trolling, I think people feel like this a lot more than they express. I highly doubt he going to end up homeless and lost, he seems like a smart and funny guy. Everyone goes through down patches in life though.

scully edited this message on 01/09/2009 9:09PM

Patch The Da-
rknut

Level 23 Emo Kid

scullyangel Posted:

”The hardest thing in this world, is to live in it.” – Joss Whedon

The planet is on a downward spiral. Apathy and general unkindness spread daily. As a species we have embraced our baser selves – celebrating the bully and living in bubbles where what happens to others is “not my problem.”

If you feel empty and like a burden, if you don’t want your life, give it to others and be a rebellious force spreading a little wacky goodness. It is easy to start small – smile at everyone you pbum. You’d be surprised at how often you will be the only smile the person gets.

...best damn advice I’ve heard all day. Thanks, I suppose I can give it a try.

And I’m not surprised that you’d be good at giving advice, considering that you’ve stated that you’re old enough “to be my mom.”

By that, I mean that mom-like figures are good at giving advice.

Patch The Darknut edited this message on 01/09/2009 9:09PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

It seems counter intuitive to post about depression on an internet site where the general goal is to make people feel bad, but I definitely believe him.

I’m a neutral emotion person most of the time and I’ve never had any real depression like described here.

It makes me wonder what it’s like. Sounds awful. Which is why I’m sympathetic here.

I just can’t fathom the kind of real turmoil and agony a person would have to be experiencing to want to end their life.

Oh, and I fixed the typo in the thread title. It was annoying me.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 01/10/2009 3:28AM

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Thanks for that, it had been driving me crazy but I figured there was no point in mentioning it.

trespbumersw-
ill

Avatar: 103299 Fri Jan 16 02:30:06 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Camwhore

I HAVE DIFFICULTIES LETTING GO OF FORUMWARZ

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Thank you. Log in to see images! Can you get all the rest throughout the board too, please? :winningsmile:

For the consideration of those who, for whatever reason, have a lower personal opinion of someone who commits/attempts/considers suicide: genes may predispose someone to the many varieties of depression. Perhaps all of you are lucky enough to have no family history of these kind of mental issues, but you would be doing the world a kindness if you remember there’s less choice in the matter than you think.

trespasserswill edited this message on 01/10/2009 3:38AM

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

This thread is over 4 pages long.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

trespbumerswill Posted:

For the consideration of those who, for whatever reason, have a lower personal opinion of someone who commits/attempts/considers suicide: genes may predispose someone to the many varieties of depression. Perhaps all of you are lucky enough to have no family history of these kind of mental issues, but you would be doing the world a kindness if you remember there’s less choice in the matter than you think.

Don’t forget the other great irony (which doesn’t apply to OP, but is still relevant): many teens who were put on anti-depressants for other reasons developed chemical depression from it, and some who took it for depression found it made them worse, not better. Depression and suicidal thoughts are in the head, but it’s not only mental.

male reproductive organ_TRAGEDY

Avatar: 95911 Fri Dec 19 21:16:19 -0500 2008

[The Celerysteve Fa-
n Club
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Wylin Posted:

He didn’t say you were trolling, he said you shouldn’t expect this to be a place to help you with problems of that nature. Actual human interaction would probably be a good start.

human interaction? ppfff, dealing with people after a failed suicide attempt is the last thing you wanna do.

not trolling here: better luck next time, at least you got the balls to make a serious attempt.

trespbumersw-
ill

Avatar: 103299 Fri Jan 16 02:30:06 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Camwhore

I HAVE DIFFICULTIES LETTING GO OF FORUMWARZ

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Don’t forget the other great irony (which doesn’t apply to OP, but is still relevant): many teens who were put on anti-depressants for other reasons developed chemical depression from it, and some who took it for depression found it made them worse, not better. Depression and suicidal thoughts are in the head, but it’s not only mental.

Good point. Another thing along those lines is seasonal affective disorder (winter blues). Really, blame the weather.

male reproductive organ_TRAGEDY

Avatar: 95911 Fri Dec 19 21:16:19 -0500 2008

[The Celerysteve Fa-
n Club
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Laguna Posted:

Well firstly, I applaud the courage you had to actually go through with it. o_o

Many a time have I had thoughts like that creep into my mind, but I never had the guts to go through with it, as bad as I wanted to throughout those days.

What you have to remember though (and I’m sure this is probably what they’ll tell you as well) is that nothing lasts forever. Nothing. It’s like when you’re in school and you’re sat there just waiting for the most boring lesson on the planet to end, but the clock just won’t tick fast enough. It’s horrible, it feels endless, but it isn’t.

You have to have the strength to truly know inside yourself that things will get better. You have to know that they could very well get worse before they get better, but eventually, it ends, and you’re so much of a stronger person because of it, it’s incredible..

It’s even worse for the youth. Raging hormones makes that feeling of the whole world crashing down even worse. ****, we all get it at some point in our lives. Some more than others. I’m starting to lose count of all the **** that’s been thrown at me, I went through the worse last year actually. Found out everything on ****ing Christmas Eve as well, so clichéd but I guess these things have to originate from somewhere eh?

But you get through it…don’t question it, because that makes things so much worse. You just do, and you have to remember that, otherwise you’ll never get out of that horrible pit of despair where it just feels like you can’t go one more second, let alone another day.

I guess what I’m trying to say in this mbumive ramble is hold the **** on, and hold on tight. Life is hard, but that doesn’t make it bad. When you get through these horrible times, the good times that lie ahead are what make life worth living. In the end, everything works out in its own ironic kind of way.

I could talk about this for hours, but I’ll leave it at that. Good luck.

bull****, things change, but they don’t necessarily get better, in fact, they rarely ever do.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

male reproductive organ_TRAGEDY Posted:

bull****, things change, but they don’t necessarily get better, in fact, they rarely ever do.

See, the beauty of hitting bottom is there’s nowhere to go but up.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!