Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumbuildr Voting

ParadoxContr-
ol

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

My preference would be to rate the submissions, not just Digg or Bury them (I mean, uh, we did not rip off that site in the least). But, coding that is up to the Fishy One.

I figure that way you could get a neutral vote, you can really boost the good ones, etc. I was thinking out of five stars (including half stars, what the hell).

I think I would like that more honestly.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

I think the 5-star system would adjust the scoop payoff as well. A good idea is a good idea but beyond that you’re is just exploiting the system to get extra scoops. I wonder how many Domination cards the creator of FAP has now? That one got at least 200+ votes.

jpsteel edited this message on 03/03/2008 3:11PM

Blackthorn

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I think a five star system would be too complex and turn people off to voting. I get bored after doing a few pages and that’s just yes or no. If I had to take a few extra seconds to mentally compute stars for each entry then I’d go through a lot less. Obviously everyone can’t be expected to vote on everything, but it could turn into a situation where the only people left are the ones not reading and hitting five or one for everything.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

A rating system would not change much. Abuse would continue in the form of votes of 0s and 5s. Non-abusers’ votes would continue to have a moderate effect that is washed away when abuse is present.

For example, instead of having negs and above 50s, you get under 10s and above 200s.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about clan abuse of the forumbuildr. An organized clan will always have an advantage over casual players. You gotta join ‘em to beat ‘em.

Funcdizzi

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 20 Camwhore

Master of Sex and Voodoo

I try to have a look at everything except the Enemies Log in to see images!, because frankly Enemies is the refuge of feebs and re-res.

I downvote submissions that have no randomizers, unless they’re brilliant. I like to think I give everything else a fair shake.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah, a rating system really wouldn’t help with downvoting, since people could still vote low.

I would just use a “normal” voting system, like if downvoting were removed. That way, people who downvote to better their odds would just refrain from voting, and people who just want to have “mess around” could only do it in a productive way.

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I still think the best idea I’ve seen (I’m reiterating it because I think it bears more discussion) is to allow downvoting only if you’ve not submitted anything in a category. Personally, I’d rather see, like, a limit. Like you get 20 downvotes once you’ve submitted something. That way, people can still downvote stuff that’s horrible without being able to downvote EVERYTHING.

xlildragon

[NeoGAF]

Level 8 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Everyone down votes to get their crap on top. I upvote everything. And then there are those that just suck really bad and then i downvote it. But then there are the really good ones that i upvote because i would normally upvote them.

Wat?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Something needs to change. As it stands, because of a four-a-day limit on forum visits, the best I can grind up with non-chocolate scoops is 10-12 Lemon and 1-2 Pistachio. That’s 11-14, if I’m lucky.

Spider Jerusalem has 33 Chocolate Scoops (would have been 35 except Ceggon punked him) in two days. I’ve seen how many people downvote anything & everything,and I’ve seen the drek that gets upvoted. He claims it’s ‘all-natural’ and there aren’t any friends pumping up his score. If that’s true (which I find hard to believe), then there needs to be a limit on the number of submission to forumbuildr a single player can make each day. As it stands, someone can simply grind a hundred crap submissions a day and get lucky.

Nissyenia

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

SuperMo0 Posted:

I still think the best idea I’ve seen (I’m reiterating it because I think it bears more discussion) is to allow downvoting only if you’ve not submitted anything in a category. Personally, I’d rather see, like, a limit. Like you get 20 downvotes once you’ve submitted something. That way, people can still downvote stuff that’s horrible without being able to downvote EVERYTHING.

Except this wouldn’t stop klans from downvoting everything not made by their klan. I understand that it’s supposed to be anonymous, but I think we all know that this isn’t always the case. I have to support the idea that downvoting gets replaced by ignore or some such thing.

As for people downvoting everything that isn’t their’s: this is just wrong. I understand the reasoning, but what’s worse? Your crappy idea making it or someone else’s very worthy idea making it? Are scoops really that important that you need to obliterate every good submission? Mine aren’t. Hell, I’ll be the first to admit that reading one of my ideas can be worse than watching a celebutante sex tape. That’s why I upvote for good ideas, even if they aren’t mine. But then, I never believe mine will make it anyway.Log in to see images!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Acid Flux Posted:

Something needs to change. As it stands, because of a four-a-day limit on forum visits, the best I can grind up with non-chocolate scoops is 10-12 Lemon and 1-2 Pistachio. That’s 11-14, if I’m lucky.

Spider Jerusalem has 33 Chocolate Scoops (would have been 35 except Ceggon punked him) in two days. I’ve seen how many people downvote anything & everything,and I’ve seen the drek that gets upvoted. He claims it’s ‘all-natural’ and there aren’t any friends pumping up his score. If that’s true (which I find hard to believe), then there needs to be a limit on the number of submission to forumbuildr a single player can make each day. As it stands, someone can simply grind a hundred crap submissions a day and get lucky.

35 Chocolate scoops isn’t that hard to believe. The leading Attack Responses and Thread Titles have about +100 votes right now, so just two top submissions would be worth about 40 scoops. FAP won last week with around +350 votes, so that’s 70 Chocolate Scoops for the winner there.

The problem with a limit on the number of suggestions is that it makes the people who downvote everything all the more powerful, as it’s not hard to outright eliminate ideas before they have a chance to take hold.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Then Domination needs to be altered, because the Forumbuildr voting system can be abused to alter the results of the Domination game, which means that two of the three medals can be controlled simply through mbum votings. And the third medal is simply too difficult because of the difficulty in obtaining even 1 Vanilla Scoop. Again, that simply amounts to gathering a Klan of 12+ people, bumigning each team member a forum, and giving a start time,and have each member pwn their forum multiple times in a row at that start time. This means large Klans are granted a disproportionate advantage. I have no problem with Klan Level Domination Games, but there needs to be something for the individual or small groups.

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

That’s why I love the Modest Improvement card. Makes it a lot easier to get the harder to get scoops.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Another way to cut back on voting abuse is limit the number of scoops an idea can earn per day or in total. Something like:

1 scoop for +5

3 scoops for +15

5 scoops for +30

All the other scoops have limits why not brown ones?

ParadoxContr-
ol

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

because it encourages people to submit ideas?

My only gripe with voting currently, is that if there is only one idea up you can still vote on it. It would seem logical if the system would wait until a second sub was put up to open voting. The current lead for the FAP logo got most of its votes at the start from being the only option to vote for.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

ParadoxControl Posted:

My only gripe with voting currently, is that if there is only one idea up you can still vote on it. It would seem logical if the system would wait until a second sub was put up to open voting. The current lead for the FAP logo got most of its votes at the start from being the only option to vote for.

Encourages people to submit fast, doesn’t it? I think that if anything, votes should be closed for a day or so after the new forum is decided on, whether there is one submission or ten.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

ParadoxControl Posted:

The current lead for the FAP logo got most of its votes at the start from being the only option to vote for.

The first 5-10 logos that were up there have been downvoted off.

Someone submitted a base for the logo and someone else printscreen’d it and added a picture from another logo for it.

The only ones remaining are copycats of the originals.

Being first means you’re more likely to get your idea stolen and posted by someone else who wins all the Flezz. Being last means you can’t make up the difference in votes quick enough. Being somewhere in the middle means 6 random re-re’s downvote you to -5 and the logo is never seen by 99% of the voters.

I’m sure it worked great when there were less players, but as the population grows, the voting system becomes more and more inadequate.

Spider Jerusalem has 33 Chocolate Scoops (would have been 35 except Ceggon punked him) in two days.
Yes, it’s too easy to get chocolate scoops. I’ve gotten more than 40 and I traded half of them in for cards, one of which let me switch my chocolate scoops for antifreeze, and the others let me steal or add scoops to the other flavors. This is my first week of playing Domination and I’m obliterating everyone on my board.

Corion edited this message on 03/04/2008 3:16PM

The_root_of_-
all_evil

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Surely an idea would be that you simply cannot vote on any of your klans submissions?

I’ve had 6 ideas so far that have gone in, got positive votes and then got just enough negative votes to drop them to -5. That would seem to mean there’s no point in voting anything in unless you’re in a big klan.

I’ll be checking next week for any of my ideas that ‘suddenly re-appear’ and then get huge number of votes.

Another idea would be that klans only have one positive or negative vote per week? Only the leader having that power.

The_root_of_all_evil edited this message on 03/04/2008 7:07PM

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

The_root_of_all_evil Posted:

Surely an idea would be that you simply cannot vote on any of your klans submissions?

I’ve had 6 ideas so far that have gone in, got positive votes and then got just enough negative votes to drop them to -5. That would seem to mean there’s no point in voting anything in unless you’re in a big klan.

I’ll be checking next week for any of my ideas that ‘suddenly re-appear’ and then get huge number of votes.

Another idea would be that klans only have one positive or negative vote per week? Only the leader having that power.

They get just enough to drop them to -5 because when they hit -5 they disappear. There’s no going up (or down, for that matter) after you hit -5.

Skyreal edited this message on 03/04/2008 7:45PM

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

-5 should make it stop showing up in the “give me random results” until you’ve rated everything else there is to rate.

Once you hit the -5’s and below, they should be sorted by current vote. You should be told when you’re in the so-called recycle bin of sorts.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!