Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Evil Trout Tech Support Nightmares

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Worst call I got working tech support:

Woman calls the support line and complains that her desktop is smoking. I get her to turn it off, unplug it, etc, and she tells me there’s still smoke coming out the front. I ask her where exactly the smoke’s coming from, and she says it’s from the disk drive and she was “afraid it wouldn’t fit”. I bumure her that disks fit in disk drives as a matter of principle, and she says no, this one was too big to start with. This of course makes me wonder WTF, so I start asking her more questions about this too-big disk.

The final story? It was a 5.25” disk, she only had a 3.5” drive, and she CUT THE DISK WITH SCISSORS to make it fit.

If you’ve ever worked tech support (even for your computer-illiterate relatives) and you have a story, post it here so we can all laugh at your suffering.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!