Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Kyoubai, the new ForumWarz Auction House.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

What? BidSquid won’t have a non-loli schoolgirl or magical girl sidekick named Kyou-Tan whom he is always ‘hugging’ with several of his slimy appendages?

Tell me how much it cost to commission the BidSquid art you’ve got them doing now, and I’ll see if I can afford getting them to create FIXED versions. Log in to see images!

Hank Venture

Avatar: 60479 2013-05-29 21:26:41 -0400

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Wylin Posted:

Ah, I didn’t see that part, so we can do what I said but we need a partner. I wonder if I could find anyone to sell me a minimum (buyout) priced pink floyd right away so I don’t need to farm for it.

Klannies, hook me up!

Where did he say that alts can’t bid on auctions? I only want the damn feature to spread my Pink Floyds around to my alts. I certainly don’t intend to give hard earned Floyds to anyone else.

Hank Venture edited this message on 01/06/2009 8:42PM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Hank Venture Posted:

Where did he say that alts can’t bid on auctions?

scullyangel Posted:

ET said you can’t bid on your own stuff with any of your alts, so that isn’t even an issue.

Wylin Posted:

Ah, I didn’t see that part

I dunno, Scully said so and her e-peen is bigger than mine so she is automagically correct and there is no point questioning it.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

he said it in the other GD thread about the auction house:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/397790

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

he said it in the other GD thread about the auction house:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/39779

Ah, good find! I’ll just post it here for ease:

Evil Trout Posted:

Some of this might change before it launches, but:

– You may not trade between alts

– If you put a buyout price on an item, it does not activate until the auction has been active for an hour at least

– If you bid an item up more than the minimum increase, it keeps your bid secret and places it as the minimum. If another person bids less than you, you immediately beat their bid.

– There is a maximum initial price based on the cost of the item.

The idea of most of these precautions are to prevent easy sending of Flezz from one account to another.

Dratz, foiled again!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

What? BidSquid won’t have a non-loli schoolgirl or magical girl sidekick named Kyou-Tan whom he is always ‘hugging’ with several of his slimy appendages?

Tell me how much it cost to commission the BidSquid art you’ve got them doing now, and I’ll see if I can afford getting them to create FIXED versions. Log in to see images!

We really liked the idea, but it was just a bit much: conceptually, practically and monetarily.

I’m sure Kyou-Tan fan art will make an appearance and when that happens, we’ll enthusiastically promote it. For the time being though, we’re going to let the squid go solo.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I can’t believe that people actually care about flezz abuse. Flezz is laughably easy to obtain. Just discontinue the most flezz e-peen and there will be no reason at all for any abuse. I am interested to see what the ceiling is for auction prices. How much is a Floyd worth? Since I believe flezz is meaningless, no amount of flezz is enough for me to sell one. On the other hand if I could trade a Floyd for a couple of other hard to obtain moars I would be very interested.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Malaise Posted:

I can’t believe that people actually care about flezz abuse. Flezz is laughably easy to obtain. Just discontinue the most flezz e-peen and there will be no reason at all for any abuse. I am interested to see what the ceiling is for auction prices. How much is a Floyd worth? Since I believe flezz is meaningless, no amount of flezz is enough for me to sell one. On the other hand if I could trade a Floyd for a couple of other hard to obtain moars I would be very interested.

I looked in your profile and I missed the flezz e-peen. If it is so laughably easy to obtain why aren’t you sitting on it? I would be a lot higher up the list but I decided I wanted a turkey-peen. I’m slowly working my way back up the list, and understand it will take ages for me to get near the peen. I don’t want some thing Trout ****ed up to make it ridiculous, and I also don’t see any reason to get rid of the peen just because it is difficult to get.

tl;dl: Thank you for your opinion, not everyone agrees.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

We only get to post opinions which everyone agrees with now? Thanks for the update.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Wylin Posted:

I looked in your profile and I missed the flezz e-peen. If it is so laughably easy to obtain why aren’t you sitting on it? I would be a lot higher up the list but I decided I wanted a turkey-peen. I’m slowly working my way back up the list, and understand it will take ages for me to get near the peen. I don’t want some thing Trout ****ed up to make it ridiculous, and I also don’t see any reason to get rid of the peen just because it is difficult to get.

tl;dl: Thank you for your opinion, not everyone agrees.

Same here. And I’d like to add that in order to get that much Flezz you’ll have to sacrifice other aspects of the game.

On a side note, I wouldn’t mind spending  3m to get a complete Pink Floyd.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

My main concern (I didn’t bother to read the thread, so feel free to mock me if this was already posted):

* You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction.

Does that mean we can’t put parts on the Auction House? Parts of files can’t be equipped and aren’t considered items per se. That would remove a big part of interest from the Auction House, for me at least.

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Fran Posted:

My main concern (I didn’t bother to read the thread, so feel free to mock me if this was already posted):

Does that mean we can’t put parts on the Auction House? Parts of files can’t be equipped and aren’t considered items per se. That would remove a big part of interest from the Auction House, for me at least.

Only full files allowed. No parts =(

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Rage_**** Posted:

Only full files allowed. No parts =(

Ouch… ET gotta reconsider this, to be honest.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Fran Posted:

The original idea was to share .moar pieces, but as I sat down to model it, I realized any interface to do that would be insanely complex. And I’m not talking about from a programming standpoint, I mean from an end-user standpoint.

It’s important to us to have something that most users can enjoy.

I decided to keep it simple for this first version. Who knows, maybe we’ll add in the ability to throw pieces in there in a future update.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fran Posted:

I disagree. It’d be too easy for people to complete, for example, Pink Floyd, if the individual pieces were available for trade. IMO the auction house shouldn’t be a way to ensure everyone gets the most powerful equipment without having to work for it.

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

MC Banhammer Posted:

I disagree. It’d be too easy for people to complete, for example, Pink Floyd, if the individual pieces were available for trade. IMO the auction house shouldn’t be a way to ensure everyone gets the most powerful equipment without having to work for it.

This.

I’m only 4 pieces away from having Pink Floyd. Would anyone that has it be ok with me just buying the last 4 pieces, whereas they had to grind forever to get it? Also if everyone who has hundreds of extra pieces sell them it will flood the market, making it WAY too easy for newer people to get it. Thereby making it not as rare, and not at all a bragging right.

And there’s something else to consider. If you have completed the file, you probably only need a piece or two to get it again. Selling the second full file would be worth WAY more flezz, making all the grinding you’ve done more worth wild.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

In terms of selling file pieces, if it’s too complex and trivializing to let people list individual pieces by themselves, how about letting people simultaneously list “all but one” of every piece of a file that’s partially completed (e.g. if I have 4x piece #1 and 3x piece #9 I would give up 3x piece #1 and 2x piece #9). Then list each individual piece blindly as “Piece of [name of .moar file].” So buying it/winning an auction for it wouldn’t really be any different than getting a forum to drop it. So it really wouldn’t make completing high quality .moars “trivial”.

It also would let people get rid of excess file pieces that just clog up inventory. I recently completed darkside, and after extracting it I had about 250 pieces of the file remaining. I never want to see HOFF again, so I’m not going to make any more copies. I’d just like to be rid of those 250 pieces; whether or not I get anything out of it.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Parts would have been nice for things like “Tom Cruise in actual closet – NightVision pic.ogle ” which only drops in pp:rotm and is impossible to complete now that we can’t pwn it anymore.

Loli-Druchii

Avatar: 57498 Mon Oct 20 20:28:33 -0400 2008

[H-Gamers]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

scullyangel Posted:

I know it’s not really the thread for it, but uncheating should cost BP not refund them. Also, everything should be wiped except cred and storyline peens. Pretty much any other situation would be highly abusive. (If visits stay it would be simple to get the most forums visits. If flezz stays, same. If peens stay, that probably wouldn’t matter much since the only ones that have been enhanced by cheat ability are JingJing and the Turkey peens.)

So uncheating could be seen as a sort of “Reincarnate” Feature, where you start at square one?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Evil Trout Posted:

The original idea was to share .moar pieces, but as I sat down to model it, I realized any interface to do that would be insanely complex. And I’m not talking about from a programming standpoint, I mean from an end-user standpoint.

It’s important to us to have something that most users can enjoy.

I decided to keep it simple for this first version. Who knows, maybe we’ll add in the ability to throw pieces in there in a future update.

At least for some files, that would be nice. I agree that not everyone should not be able to just get rare files willy nilly, but then again why not? Its not like everyone doesn’t have the best clbum equipment past a certain point. Even though it would be more complicated if people are worried about others getting pieces of rare files too easily there can be a level limit to some pieces, or maybe you just should be able to trade individual pieces until you finish some accomplishment, like finishing the game or a certain level, or maybe even some other arbitrary task.

Basically it blows that after I get pink floyd, if I ever do, that I’ll still have like 200+ pieces that are now useless to me, and can’t help anyone else out. So they are just going to sit there forever, and getting that last one piece so I could sell it as a whole would only add to my piece count.

Why couldn’t there just be a limit on the number of actions you can have a day? If you could only make like 5 transactions either way, you could be able to complete files, but yet still have to work and wait for it. That way you could get rare files and equip them at level 1, but you don’t have to grind your brain out getting a few small files that you already have like 10 each of on an alt or something. You only get 4 forum visits a day, why should you get a **** ton of actions- isn’t the game meant to be played over multiple days?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!