Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Any Table Top Gamers Here? Interesting Stuff Inside.

Geek Fight

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hey all, I was just wondering if there are any table gamers here. I am looking for TCG/CCG players (aka cardboard crackheads) mostly, but I love getting to know all types of table gamers.

The reason I am looking to see if there are any here is simple (and yes, it is business related). I own a company that produces a card game called Geek Fight!. It is a customizable card game that doubles as an advertising venue for gaming companies. Since Evil Trout is getting a new ad campaign started, I asked if he would be interested in working with us.

Would any of you buy cards if they were benefiting Forumwarz? They would be forum themed of course. I would expand on the concepts like adding Lurkers and Necroposters, and allowing players to Insta-Ban, Permaban, and even wield the almighty B& Hammer. Then you could show your gaming buddies and get them interested in Forumwarz at the same time.

I will leave you with a few sample cards from the first set. The second set is due out in just about a month. The cards are ready, but we have a little tweaking to do. I am not going to show those just yet, but I can tell you we are working with two awesome internet celebs. Anyway, here are the samples:

(yes, that is an official Man-Faye card)

Our site is www.geekfightbcg.com. Feel free to swing by and check out the rest of the cards. Oh, and do you think it would be worth everyone’s time for Crotch Zombie and Diving Dragon Games to make a Forumwarz set? (I did not bbcode the url since that part of the post went poof. I guess I must be too new here.)

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

It looks interesting. I might buy some FWZ cards just to say I have em.

Geek Fight

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ah yes, but I can guarantee you will be addicted after your first play. I have turned many a non CCG player into one. If you ever run into us at a con, just remember, your first taste is free.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I would do a FW card game. Buy it. Raepdog Card, Multi-Character Attack Frenzy!

Raepdog edited this message on 01/01/2009 9:58PM

Geek Fight

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Don’t forget, it would be compatible with all of our sets, so you would get to smack Man-Faye in the crotch with the B& Hammer. After my first viewing of his pictures online, I feel like I owe it to him. I still can’t see out of my left eye…

Oh! How could I forget a card that is very germane to this site?

cognitivedis-
sonance

[Carls]

Level 29 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

Why, yes. Not only am I a table top gamer but I write/illustrate for White Wolf, too.

Good luck in this bleak time!

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

So, are the cards mildly Forumwarz related, or sponsored by Forumwarz, or what? I wasn’t quite clear on that part.

Otherwise, this looks pretty cool! When I was younger, I used to play CCG (pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, that kind of thing) quite a bit, but that tapered of somewhat. If I saw this in a store, I would definitely chuckle, even if nothing else.

Good Luck!

Edit: Having looked at the website, I better understand where you’re coming from. Considering that, although a specific Forumwarz card game would be cool, I’m not sure it would be commercially viable. This is a relativity small internet game after all, and Evil Trout’s sole bread maker. Unless other companies would be willing to sponsor forumwarz cards, (which due to the content is unlikely) I can’t really see this being anything other than a expensive marketing campaign for Trout. Of course, I realise that that’s supposed to be the point of the cards, but I’m not sure how much return he’ll be getting.

Were it a bigger company, though, this would be an excellent idea, and probably a sure-fire thing. Would you be willing to further explain your approach to this?

Thanks!

King Krimson edited this message on 01/07/2009 10:43AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!