Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature I am worried about the upcoming auction house

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Some of this might change before it launches, but:

– You may not trade between alts

– If you put a buyout price on an item, it does not activate until the auction has been active for an hour at least

– If you bid an item up more than the minimum increase, it keeps your bid secret and places it as the minimum. If another person bids less than you, you immediately beat their bid.

– There is a maximum initial price based on the cost of the item.

The idea of most of these precautions are to prevent easy sending of Flezz from one account to another.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Sounds good to me. But I think it would be great if you can put some kind of tax into it to give some extra charge for transferring with middlemen.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Oh there’s also a listing fee. It goes up the longer your auction runs, and if you set a Buyout price. So it is taxed, kinda.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This sound neat. Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Any plans on a peen for those who got the pink floyd file before the auction house started?

This player spent weeks completing a rare .moar file

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The only player who deserved any recognition for Dark Side was Vuron. Once it moved to HOFF it became much easier to get, and everyone knew it was worth it. Vuron spaded that and his time investment led to the file being bumped from a +3 file to +30.

EDIT: But the peen you made looks cool. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 01/04/2009 8:45PM

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Oh there’s also a listing fee. It goes up the longer your auction runs, and if you set a Buyout price. So it is taxed, kinda.

Awesome!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Any plans on a peen for those who got the pink floyd file before the auction house started?

This player spent weeks completing a rare .moar file

It doesn’t look like an achievement to me. Unless pink floyd is the key to episode 3.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Yeah, so far I don’t like most of the “solutions” to the auction house. People will always find ways to exploit it. In addition, I feel that it’ll take away the challenge of the game once you have the best moar file equipment. I know, we don’t like grinding for that final piece for ages, but once you have it and you start one-shotting things… don’t you get bored eventually?

I truly hope this will not effect forum difficulty. It’s fine the way it is now, except for hackers.

Go ahead disagree with me, I just wanted to say my piece.

Endash

Avatar: 93351 Tue Dec 16 16:15:56 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Evil Trout Posted:

Some of this might change before it launches, but:

– You may not trade between alts

– If you put a buyout price on an item, it does not activate until the auction has been active for an hour at least

– If you bid an item up more than the minimum increase, it keeps your bid secret and places it as the minimum. If another person bids less than you, you immediately beat their bid.

– There is a maximum initial price based on the cost of the item.

The idea of most of these precautions are to prevent easy sending of Flezz from one account to another.

Rad. Log in to see images!

So…can you give us an estimated date of launch, or should we just consult the wiki article on Valve time? Log in to see images!

Being a bit of a fool, a collector, and having a stubborn streak of e-philanthropy, this auction house is relevant to my interests, as I’d like the opportunity to give the newbs a helping hand with the low to medium tier .moar files I end up collecting on the side. Usually end up selling them for peanuts at the Ppwn Shoppe, and I’ll probably make more doing that, but I figure why not spread the love?

(We were all Re-Re’s at the start, after all. Log in to see images!)

Balloon Posted:

Yeah, so far I don’t like most of the “solutions” to the auction house. People will always find ways to exploit it. In addition, I feel that it’ll take away the challenge of the game once you have the best moar file equipment. I know, we don’t like grinding for that final piece for ages, but once you have it and you start one-shotting things… don’t you get bored eventually?

I truly hope this will not effect forum difficulty. It’s fine the way it is now, except for hackers.

Go ahead disagree with me, I just wanted to say my piece.

Haha, well, no one can say you don’t have a good point. Opening the in-game economy in any RPG is bound to have several bumps and pitfalls, as well as posing an advanced degree of skill to successfully implement it, which is why FW probably only has BP transfer now.

As for the inevitable ennui…well, as long as there are people with sufficient time (lack of life?) and motivation, someone will always reach that elusive god-like point. I guess it can be considered a side effect of all that virtual power. Log in to see images! Endash edited this message on 01/05/2009 12:47PM

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

There’s one more thing I would like to discuss. From what I read from the blog you can sell any item. But I think it would be better if you can sell items at perfect condition only.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

quangntenemy Posted:

There’s one more thing I would like to discuss. From what I read from the blog you can sell any item. But I think it would be better if you can sell items at perfect condition only.

Yes I agree. This needs to be implemented and was a valid oversight I made.

Endash

Avatar: 93351 Tue Dec 16 16:15:56 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Feel free to tear me a new one if this has been brought up before, but will illegally enhanced characters be able to sell their wares indiscriminately (to both uncheated and fellow enhanced players)? I mean, there is a warning that cheats make you ineligible for competitive aspects, but does this count financial competition?

Because theoretically:

– Someone could just farm the coveted flavor of the day by buying a bunch of visits and grinding away.

– In reverse, someone could raid a rare item in the Ppwn Shoppe the day it appears by buying a bunch of Log in to see images! the day of, and then undercut the price uncheated sellers put up for the same rare item they list.

– An enhanced character could indiscriminately start buying up everything in sight for the lulz, and possibly drive up the prices for normal buyers.

And so on and so forth. Searched Flamebate, wiki, and blog and came up with nil, so can I has clarification? Log in to see images!

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Cheaters can’t use the Auction House.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!