Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 Incongruities in the courtroom scene

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I recently created an alt, and have gotten it through Ep1. In the court scene, I noticed a few errors:

In ‘spoken’ text it would identify me properly, but otherwise it had errors.

The name it gave me before I became “Tuscon Lepht” was “UltimateGamer386”

The name that appeared on the sTalk log was “PixelSith64”

Also, I went through intentionally NOT doing quite a few things:

I never even talked to Yuriko-Chan, yet she testified I was a huge pervert.

I didn’t bother shooting R. Kelly in the male reproductive organ, yet he testified I did.

I didn’t bother talking to the walnut, yet it testified I did – as well as the male reproductive organshot.

I can understand that the last three would require a more versatile courtroom script, but the name but is actually kinda significant. Also, does the name bug count as a typo? Log in to see images!

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

I never even talked to Yuriko-Chan, yet she testified I was a huge pervert.

I didn’t bother shooting R. Kelly in the male reproductive organ, yet he testified I did.

I didn’t bother talking to the walnut, yet it testified I did – as well as the male reproductive organshot.

This, i did as well

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

And, of course, there’s the biggest incongruity that I suffered on one of my alts and had to be bailed out of by ET-I got my account suspended without talking to DrrtyCop.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Yea, the wrong-name bug seems to be pretty damn repeatable.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

I think I got the wrong name too.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Big Brother Posted:

And, of course, there’s the biggest incongruity that I suffered on one of my alts and had to be bailed out of by ET-I got my account suspended without talking to DrrtyCop.

This came up a bunch in Beta, and only affects people who didn’t deploy enough code during Ep 1 to trigger her sequence (which was possible then, but not any more). There aren’t too many people who this bug affects, so ET decided to handle it on a case-by-case basis rather than put a lot of effort into coding a fix for such a limited problem.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the people who quit after their account is disabled quit because of that.

I think it would be simple enough to make it so that if you didn’t unlock DrrtyCop, it tells you to keep deploying code and the TM doesn’t come until after you’ve payed off DrrtyCop.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

A lot of people get confused and think the game is done for them. Sorta a shame. Though the less user friendly something is the less stupid people can figure it out, to a point, then it starts being male reproductive organish.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Umm… Where are you getting your stats from that say a lot of people quit the game when they find their account suspended?

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Umm… Where are you getting your stats from that say a lot of people quit the game when they find their account suspended?

The number of people that come into IDC saying ‘It sucks that I cant play anymore thats so greedy’, taking into account the number that wont even bother coming into Flamebate.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Do you see all the threads?

Also, you’ll run into the problem if you technically follow the FAQ (ie talking to all contacts, and xss/fboing when there are no new contacts)

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

The number of people that come into IDC saying ‘It sucks that I cant play anymore thats so greedy’

They’re saying that because they think they have to pay to get through the court scene? I thought the “pay to continue playing” doesn’t come up until after you’re through it.

Big Brother Posted:

Do you see all the threads?

No, I don’t.

Big Brother Posted:

Also, you’ll run into the problem if you technically follow the FAQ (ie talking to all contacts, and xss/fboing when there are no new contacts)

No, you won’t. You now have to deploy enough code to trigger the cop in order to unlock the final forum.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

It needs to be taken into account the “silent majority” factor. Most people in the world use things silently, like zombies or robots. If they encounter a problem, they don’t bring it to anyone’s attention, they just find somewhere else to go. This has been proven countless times by vaious service websites that are used constantly by lots of busy people but the support fourms are a ghost town despite being tons of problems popping up on the site. They just go somewhere else. So the very fact that threads are repeatedly appearing in game discussion about Jolienet DSL suspending their account and not being able to continue the game, or the DrrtyCop dead-lock problem, are an indication of an underlyig population of possibly thousands of people that are having the same problem. In my opinion it’s definitely worth actually making a workable fix for, as there are probably thousands of people hitting one of those two brick walls and deciding not to even continue.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Ah, so you did fix it. Good.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Inertia Posted:

So the very fact that threads are repeatedly appearing in game discussion about Jolienet DSL suspending their account and not being able to continue the game

There’s an open ticket to change the flow from Episode 1 into Episode 2. So far, not a high ET priority Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

MC Banhammer Posted:

There’s an open ticket to change the flow from Episode 1 into Episode 2. So far, not a high ET priority Log in to see images!

Oh I see, good to see it’s on the table then. Thanks for clearing that up Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!