Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] RUNOFF POLL: Name Forumwarz's auction house!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’m posting to keep it off of page 3. Yea, this is over. Kyoubai! wins with a 33% lead over AA.

Now, go draw BidSquid and Kyou-tan so we can have our auction system already!

AVENGED_LITE

[Bonkenhi Boards VI]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Looks like Kyoubai will win. <_<

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Oh well. As long as I can actually buy this piece of Pink Floyd I’m missing sometime soon, I’m happy.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

“Will win”? No, it’s already won. It had a slight lead in the first poll, and here it’s got almost a 50% lead over it’s rival.

It’s over, we just need them to close the pooll and put the auction house out

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

The ForumWarz community really sort of stinks at naming things.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Bonkenhi Posted:

Oh well. As long as I can actually buy this piece of Pink Floyd I’m missing sometime soon, I’m happy.

Then you’re due for unhappiness. The auction house as planned will allow selling of completed files, not pieces of files.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Then you’re due for unhappiness. The auction house as planned will allow selling of completed files, not pieces of files.

Dammit. Oh well, just one piece to get, I suppose.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

MC Banhammer Posted:

The neatnik in me really chafes at having all of these unnecessary parts of files lying around in inventory. After extracting darkside, I was immediately back to 49/50 with 300 or so pieces other than #28 lying around. Will there ever be a way I can just get rid of those? I was hoping that I could sell the excess pieces that I have for files I’ve already extracted and hence do not want, but apparently not.

Richard_Nixon

Avatar: 99315 Wed Dec 31 07:46:00 -0500 2008

Level 23 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

When will this auction house be ready?

I_AM_RESISTY

Avatar: 15269 Sat Dec 20 12:49:51 -0500 2008

Level 27 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I like the name “affirmative auction”, but love the **** out of the idea of a squid with a cowboy hat…

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

New blog post about the Auction House!

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Evil Trout Posted:

New blog post about the Auction House!

Won’t load for me. What does it say?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

SG94 Posted:

Won’t load for me. What does it say?

For rillzies? Okay…

Forumwarz Posted:

We’re getting pretty close to launching our first major feature since Episode 2 was introduced back in October. It’s called Kyoubai, and it’s an auction house that allows player to auction their items to each other for Flezz.

The name Kyoubai was chosen by the horrible denizens of Flamebate in a series of polls. It is one of several Japanese translations for auction, but it also sounds a lot like Ok, you buy!.

The mascot of Kyoubai will be BidSquid (a cartoon squid with a cowboy hat and a gavel). He’ll be the one who corresponds with you when you are outbid or when you win an auction. He’s going to be designed by the talented artists at Dooomcat. They’re the ones who designed the awesome homepage for Forumwarz, as well as the player clbum portraits you get when choosing your clbum.

How the auction house will work:

* You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction.

* You set the starting price, as well as a length of time to run your auction (12, 24 or 72 hours).

* Optionally, you can set a buyout price or a reserve price.

* The auction house will charge you a listing fee based on the parameters of your auction. Generally speaking: the longer the auction, the higher the fee.

* Other players can then bid on items. There is a minimum bid amount based on the current bid on an item. However, you can choose a maximum bid that is much higher than the minimum. In this case, your maximum price remains hidden, but you will automatically outbid any bids that are less than your maximum.

* At the end of the auction, the highest bidder wins the item. If the item does not sell, it is returned via tubmail.

New Items to Trade

* We plan to introduce new and rare items via the auction house. So keep an eye on it from time to time to see if there’s something you’ve never seen before. You’ll never know what you might find.

* We are going to introducing more rare .MOAR files soon. For those with lots of excess flezz but no patience to grind for Pink Floyd type of files, the auction house will be a great tool!

* We are planning to introduce ItemBuildr in the future, as a way to get a constant feed of new and awesome items into the economy.

When’s it coming out? What’s next on the Forumwarz agenda?

Most of the coding is done. We are mainly waiting on the artwork. If things go well, it will launch by the end of the week. If not, next week for sure!

Afterwards, we’re going to focus on enhancing Forumwarz Domination. There are plenty of discussions going on in the Domination Forum, and we plan to go a long way to address the major issues as well as to make Domination much more fun and open to all players.

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 01/06/2009 4:15PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’d rather not see this thread turn into a comment thread on the blog post. There should be a new thread for that.

Scarlett

Avatar: 36175 Tue Apr 07 09:46:48 -0400 2009

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

This implies that only complete files will be able to be auctioned, can someone confirm that?

EDIT: In this thread, Banhammer is psychic!

Scarlett edited this message on 01/06/2009 4:23PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Scarlett Posted:

This implies that only complete files will be able to be auctioned, can someone confirm that?

EDIT: In this thread, Banhammer is psychic!

That is indeed the case.

I will be closing the poll now; comments and concerns can go on our blog post, or a new (or previously existing) thread.

Thanks for your votes. KYOUBAI = WINRU!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!