Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics itt we help Evil Trout to become a rich fabulous person

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Yeah, so I figured that Evil Trout could use some advice in terms of economics so he can earn more money with this site and doesn’t have to whine about insignificant stuff all the time. Also everyone else would benefit because Evil Trout actually earning decent money with Forumwarz would improve the quality of the game – not just in regards of “lol if I improve Forumwarz further, I could become rich and buy myself the <insert random thing Robin Ward always wanted to buy> I always wanted!”, but also because he could invest more money into development, servers and stuff like that. It would also make it more unlikely that some weird Dubai investor who’s into LOLcats buys the site and turns it into something which is even worse than what it is today (don’t ask me how!).

So yeah, in this thread we post suggestions how Evil Trout could increase his income.

My ideas (I’m not claiming all of them to be decent, I rather want to kick off a discussion):

– Encourage people to make their first Brownie Point purchase by offering special conditions for first-time purchasers (like free BPs with a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio to bought BPs).

– Put more BPs into the Forumwarz economy so that people who haven’t bought BPs yet taste blood. I’m not saying everybody should get a free BP like some others do, but by making BPs less valuable for a certain amount of time to a certain group of people you could kick off a significant increase of BP purchases. I suppose that this would work especially well if you limit this bonus to pranks. Like, say, some kind of contest with many winners who all win one free prank.

– Further increase the portfolio of things you can buy with BPs. We all know that no matter how dumb something is, there will always be people buying it. The IDC Color Change stuff is a good example. Think of more similar stuff. One thing that often works well is to let people enhance their profile (yeah, I know how ironic this is in a game like Forumwarz, but I bet it would work).

– Especially try to encourage pranks and increase the variety of pranks. Simply because pranks can be used infinitely (contrary to stuff like alts that does have limit values). In my opinion, you could earn several hundreds of dollars a month by adding a new prank that bans users from posting on Flamebate for 24 hours for, let’s say, 10 BP. (Yeah, I’m aware of the disadvantages.)

FalCoN edited this message on 12/30/2008 6:20AM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

give all active accts 6bp so they must pay for that last bp, since they have to buy bp in packs of at least 2-3 right

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

in business, especially japanese business, it is very common practice to dump stuff for cheap to flood the market, thereby driving out competitors, but it also works in this way, it makes ppl greedy and wanting more of them since everyone else has it. maybe just the accts that dont have ep2 already, idk. but you make money by spending moneyand bp is hardly money to you, so everyone wins in the end. cz really ought to consider my economy stimulating ideas; i know what im talking about when it comes to human nature

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

even just 1bp to the poor mbumes, would make some ppl want moar

even better, how about 3bp to all accts but you have to spend it on an illegal enhancement? then of course theyd have to buy bp to make a new char or be stuck with a toasted acct

-of course, that would only work with noobs

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 12/30/2008 6:47AM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

this thread is now about my ideas not falcons sorry falcon this is a hijack

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

FalCoN Posted:

Increase the portfolio of things you can buy with BPs. We all know that no matter how dumb something is, there will always be people buying it. The IDC Color Change stuff is a good example. Think of more similar stuff. One thing that often works well is to let people enhance their profile (yeah, I know how ironic this is in a game like Forumwarz, but I bet it would work).

Especially try to encourage pranks and increase the variety of pranks. Simply because pranks can be used infinitely (contrary to stuff like alts that does have limit values). In my opinion, you could earn several hundreds of dollars a month by adding a new prank that bans users from posting on Flamebate for 24 hours for, let’s say, 10 BP. (Yeah, I’m aware of the disadvantages.)

I like the way you think about it.

A special prank for every clbum like an annoying animation (trolls : flashy, camwhores : lots a mammary glands etc.) that pops up every time you click on the characters/me page or changing all text as a hacker (upside down, backwards). Think of the horrible tZers from ICQ. Make that prank cost 2 BP, it would mean a lot of fun. And: you could also make a shield against it, as in domination.

Aldo_Anything edited this message on 12/30/2008 6:55AM

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I like the way you think about it.

A special prank for every clbum like an annoying animation (trollsLog in to see images!

lol I’d buy 2000 BPs Log in to see images!

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

request cz make me their head of marketing

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

request cz to make me their CEO request cz to make me an acquisition offer for Crotch Zombie Productions

should be worth something about 200k $, amirite?

FalCoN edited this message on 12/30/2008 7:12AM

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Prank suggestion: Fake BP Transfer. The recipient sees a message that somebody transfered him Brownie Points. When he tries to use them (or after a certain amount of time), they disappear.

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Also I already suggested this somewhere else, but what about this:

– buying additional klan forums for BP (probably with a limit of 3, 5 or 10 klan forums)

– buying the option to send Tubmail newsletters to klan members

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Buying more space for your signature, so that you can put in more than 3 pics or else without photoshopping them together

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

An option to change a players default theme and select from a range of horrible and/or amusing themes e.g. a Hello Kitty theme, or reuse the Christmas or Halloween theme. Possibly initially with a time limit. After having bought or been pranked with a theme, players would be able to re-enable it themselves, making them collectible.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

An option to change a players default theme and select from a range of horrible and/or amusing themes e.g. a Hello Kitty theme, or reuse the Christmas or Halloween theme. Possibly initially with a time limit. After having bought or been pranked with a theme, players would be able to re-enable it themselves, making them collectible.

but then u could just as easily wait, screen shot each time the default theme changes, and save the images

this means that a player would have access to all past themes anyway

making this virtually pointless

Oleg

Avatar: 98357 2011-07-31 00:47:25 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 18 Hacker

INVINCIBLE POSTER

generichaxor Posted:

but then u could just as easily wait, screen shot each time the default theme changes, and save the images

this means that a player would have access to all past themes anyway

making this virtually pointless

I don’t see any problems. It’s not just about making old themes available again, but also about introducing many new themes that nobody could have seen in the past. Actually I think that the idea sounds great, I’m sure it would be a lot of fun to have themes and prank themes. Sure, many people wouldn’t want to spend BP for themes, but I’m sure that there would be potential buyers.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Everyone is thinking this right now:

Anigif Capable pictorial community ads.

I’d buy the 100 dollar BP thing to put up an animated male reproductive organ spraying jizz on a cartoon ET all year.

also, using a ppwn shop style selector to choose how long an ad runs for. 1BP for anything up to and including a week, another BP for every other week after that.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 01/02/2009 1:45AM

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

imo Evil Trout should hire aldo, meeeeeeeeee, tubs and me as business consultants.

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

I’d definately like to see an option to change someone else’s profile and lock it for about a week or two. That’d sell like hotcakes.

Frats

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Hmmm. How about supporting other payment options besides Paypal?

I don’t have it and I don’t want it (bad experiences in the past and all), but I really want to play Episode II cause this game is awesome.

JacktheStrip-
per

Avatar: 89701 Thu Jan 29 03:42:48 -0500 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

An option to change a players default theme and select from a range of horrible and/or amusing themes e.g. a Hello Kitty theme. Possibly initially with a time limit. After having bought or been pranked with a theme, players would be able to re-enable it themselves, making them collectible.

I support this idea of giving random people on the internets obnoxious theme’s or buying cool ones for one’s self.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!