Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Idea: Dificulty settings

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

Okay, I think this is a simple enough idea to implement. You know where in most games you have a difficulty setting? Okay, I’m sure most of you have played Half Life and thought it was easy, so you gave the enemy NPCs some steroids to make this more interesting. This is pretty much what I’d like to see here. I mean, okay, we have the difficulty levels on the forums themselves (1 through 35), but I can easily brush past Dykea with a few 5HTPs.

Personally, I’d like to make it a bit more challenging. Here’s what I propose:

Normal mode – Plays as normal, not much to say here.

Advanced mode – More topics and attacks are a little less effective. More cred earned.

Hardcore mode – Even more topics, attacks are less effective. Lots more cred earned.

Battletoads mode – I hope you’re wearing an adult nappy. Log in to see images!

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Good, but what’s the point of this if FW has basically 1 strategy per clbum?

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I like this idea.

Also, CZ could draw out the game content even further if they did the same with it. Basically, having you beat it once on ‘normal’, and then get the option to play it again at a higher difficulty. I guess the reward could be an epeen for each higher level.

I don’t really know how it would work with the cap. For it to really be a challenge for those who have beaten Ep2 (and have all of the decent moar files), forums would need to be of a lot higher difficulty. Keeping us at level 35…there’s only so much tougher you can make it without being ridiculously hard. At the very least, we’d need better healing items.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

DDL already said it but cred is useless after you hit level 35

was gonna write more but i thought too much and now i don’t know what i think about this idea

Tesfan edited this message on 12/29/2008 7:50PM

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

just like my idea for lengthening forums, it makes sense and is fun only if CZ can remove the level cap (but keep the E-Peen)

(http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/21600)

EDIT: i saw this topic AFTER i made mine

(so i didn’t copy it ; look at the timestamps if u don’t believe me)

ghax edited this message on 12/29/2008 8:18PM

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

The game pretty much already has this. If you want more cred, you run higher level forums. Or you play as a Permanoob if that’s not challenging enough.

Total-Connec-
tions

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I think it’s a good idea, if not for more cred, at least for more parts of .moar files. A little more work and you maximize your chances of getting the file you want, or maybe some hidden and useful bonuses/items for something accomplished at hard/very hard.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!