Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs Vista's Suckiness (or not)

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

- It restricts your freedoms and destroys performance with draconian DRM, going so far as to break HD outputs!

Source

– It includes anti-piracy pseudo-spyware that has blocked legitimate machines

Source Source2

– Vista breaks accelerated DirectSound and 16/8-bit legacy applications

– Vista is generally slightly slower than XP on comparable hardware Source

Discuss.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Vista is fine, I have it and it works well.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Raepdog Posted:

“Works well” isn’t worth an upgrade. XP works well. Many computers have had issues with network and audio drivers.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/29/2008 6:52PM

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

”Works well” isn’t worth an upgrade. XP works well. Many computers have had issues with network and audio drivers.

I never upgraded I got a new computer.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Raepdog Posted:

I never upgraded I got a new computer.

That same computer would be faster with XP.

KosherRaepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 3 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

That same computer would be faster with XP.

An Instant and a Faster Instant aren’t that big of a difference for me. I’m always confused why people are so pbumionately anti-vista. I enjoy my vista, and I enjoy my other computer with XP.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I’ve upgraded several computers from Vista to XP. Their owners were much happier when they got a computer back which was fast, responsive, and didn’t ask if you really really really wanted to do that every 5 seconds. The only **** of it was finding XP drivers for brand-new laptops. Tricky, but I managed.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

KosherRaepdog Posted:

An Instant and a Faster Instant aren’t that big of a difference for me. I’m always confused why people are so pbumionately anti-vista. I enjoy my vista, and I enjoy my other computer with XP.

Because it is spyware. Because it gives control of certain computer components to Redmond. Because it causes computer manufacturers to make components more expensive because of DRM encryption rules.

See Source #1

Etc

Stoned_elf

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

You think it’s slower because of the girly things like that fancy clock there and that sh*t…

Just do as I do… Use Windows Clbumic (Windows 98) layout… You’ll see, it’s as fast as Windows Xp…

Block auto updates… don’t let windows play around… you can do that… just have to disable some things…

Stoned_elf edited this message on 12/29/2008 7:03PM

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

OverclockedJesus Posted:

I’ve upgraded several computers from Vista to XP. Their owners were much happier when they got a computer back which was fast, responsive, and didn’t ask if you really really really wanted to do that every 5 seconds. The only **** of it was finding XP drivers for brand-new laptops. Tricky, but I managed.

Haha upgraded. UAC is security controls done wrong.

Even if you disable them and act as an administrator, you’re still not under full control of your computer.

Certain driver permissions are restricted under default Admin.

You can override this, but DRM ensures you’re still not under TRUE control.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/29/2008 7:05PM

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Because it is spyware. Because it gives control of certain computer components to Redmond. Because it causes computer manufacturers to make components more expensive because of DRM encryption rules.

See Source #1

Etc

My XP is infested with Spyware. My Vista is fine, its good for me. Why do you have such a problem its a fine computer.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Raepdog Posted:

My XP is infested with Spyware. My Vista is fine, its good for me. Why do you have such a problem its a fine computer.

Look @ my links to see why I highly dislike Vista. It takes longer to do anything, control panels were rearranged uselessly, etc.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

“[Vista] increases motherboard design costs, increases lead times, and reduces OEM configuration flexibility. This cost is pbumed on to purchasers of multimedia PCs and may delay availability of high-performance platforms ” — ATI.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Raepdog Posted:

this

I have plenty of RAM and stuff though

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

elenaratelimit Posted:

this

I have plenty of RAM and stuff though

Vista should be BETTER than XP. It is an *UPGRADE*. In many ways, it is not.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

DarkDespair5 Posted:

- It restricts your freedoms and destroys performance with draconian DRM, going so far as to break HD outputs!

HDMI FTW.

It’d be foolish for businesses to upgrade to Vista with the release of Windows 7 right around the corner, but for the consumer, Vista is great (with UAC disabled, naturally). Face it, XP is becoming obsolete.

Now my question to the OP: why are you posting about this now? Vista has been out for almost two years. Talk about old news.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

CaptainDDL Posted:

HDMI FTW.

It’d be foolish for businesses to upgrade to Vista with the release of Windows 7 right around the corner, but for the consumer, Vista is great (with UAC disabled, naturally). Face it, XP is becoming obsolete.

Now my question to the OP: why are you posting about this now? Vista has been out for almost two years. Talk about old news.

Vista? Great? It’s slower, less stable and adds few great features. I always wait for SP1 before upgrading my non-tinker OS, so that’s why I waited.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/29/2008 7:22PM

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Vista should be BETTER than XP. It is an *UPGRADE*. In many ways, it is not.

It’s a new laptop, came with Vista, no option for XP. I actually like some features on it way more than XP.

It runs smooth/fast and haven’t had any problems personally so I don’t get why everyone hates so much especially if they don’t use it (or have to).

The anti-vista whining is about as annoying as the mac-loving whining.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Vista? Great? It’s slower, less stable and adds few great features. I always wait for SP1 before upgrading my non-tinker OS, so that’s why I waited.

I haven’t had a BSOD since I’ve upgraded to Vista. Try installing Vista on a decent system (ie. not last gen) with at least 1GB of memory, and you should be good, especially with SP1. I troubleshoot computers for a living, and I’d much rather work on Vista systems than XP systems.

Also, you didn’t answer my question.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

CaptainDDL Posted:

I haven’t had a BSOD since I’ve upgraded to Vista. Try installing Vista on a decent system (ie. not last gen) with at least 1GB of memory, and you should be good, especially with SP1. I troubleshoot computers for a living, and I’d much rather work on Vista systems than XP systems.

Also, you didn’t answer my question.

It’s not old news. A lot of people still use XP.

XP works on those systems that aren’t “decent”.

I’ve never had a BSOD on XP.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!