Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Animu A weaboo clbum for Ep. 3?

Zi

Avatar: 10822 Wed Dec 24 04:02:22 -0500 2008

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

There aren’t a lot of Weaboos on FW anyway, but I think that the weaboo clbum could have a lot of potential. I suppose Weaboo wouldn’t be the exact name seeing as it’s a *chan thing. Wapanese, Animu, Otaku… All of these are fine.

This thread is for the discussion of the Otaku clbum; its characteristics, *theory* and abilities.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

No.

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

fits into permanoob pretty much doesnt it?

male reproductive organ_TRAGEDY

Avatar: 95911 Fri Dec 19 21:16:19 -0500 2008

[The Celerysteve Fa-
n Club
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

BELIEVE IT!!!!

Zi

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

ezek Posted:

fits into permanoob pretty much doesnt it?

No way! Otakus have all kinds of otaku smilies ^______^ and pathetic cosplay pics and Yaoi pics and ****ty fanfiction and getting ****ed off about interpretations of animu plots/characters. Animu MMO bragging, Gaia fabulous personry… Otakus are totally different. They also often know how to use computers so they aren’t permanoobs.

Pony Express

Avatar: 23887 Wed Feb 04 13:47:04 -0500 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

MY bum HURTS BECAUSE I SHOVED THESE HEELS UP THERE AND NOW THEY ARE STUCK

no yeah this is a good idea. sort of like a cam whore but with more animu pictures

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Hey guys, who’s going to AnimeIowa this year? I’ve got $400 saved up already; I’m going to buy an awesome Zangetsu replica so I can have the best Ichigo cosplay this year. Log in to see images!

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I like the concept of some outcast group of losers that loves to play the eternal victim of persecution without the knowing irony of the Emo Kid, but I think it would make more sense to have a furry clbum in that case.

Pluvius edited this message on 12/25/2008 6:03PM

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Weaboo will most likely be a subset of the Fanboy clbum if done.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I liked The Artist better.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

This is what bugs me about these “new clbum” threads. People throw out a name, call it a day, and somehow expect that every other possible detail about the clbum will magically gestate in Evil Trout’s skull until it’s a fully formed and working clbum. It doesn’t work like that!

People need to stop suggesting names for clbumes and actually come up with DETAILS. Attack trees, Attack names and descriptions, special abilities, play mechanics, equipment types, equipment names and descriptions, etc…

If you want your idea to make it into the game, then put some WORK into it instead of suggesting an OBVIOUS clbum possibility and walking away!

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Weaboos are just permanoobs. >.>’

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

This is what bugs me about these “new clbum” threads. People throw out a name, call it a day, and somehow expect that every other possible detail about the clbum will magically gestate in Evil Trout’s skull until it’s a fully formed and working clbum. It doesn’t work like that!

People need to stop suggesting names for clbumes and actually come up with DETAILS. Attack trees, Attack names and descriptions, special abilities, play mechanics, equipment types, equipment names and descriptions, etc…

If you want your idea to make it into the game, then put some WORK into it instead of suggesting an OBVIOUS clbum possibility and walking away!

I did it firsth lul!

I’m sorry, I had too!

Colonel Bear edited this message on 12/25/2008 10:08PM

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I like the idea, so I’ll try fleshing it out:

The Weeaboo clbum has to fit into a new niche; Trolls tank, Emos berserk, Camwhores spend for power, Hackers multi-equip, and Re-Res/Permanoobs just suck. I’m thinking this one could be as a mediocre stat character with some low-medium regular attacks (somewhat stronger than Hackers’Log in to see images! and powerful “status” effects (and maybe buffs) and the weakness as a moderate % chance of success. Of course, chance is dependent on forum level, own level (and maybe stats [Luck sure could serve a use]).

Regular attacks:

– discuss, suggest watching some random anime

– own cosplay and which convention

– KAWAII, DESU, etc and random emoticon (^-^ ^^ -.-” T_T)

Statuses:

– weaken (through showing childishness, large emoticon spam) 20% chance

– blind (post a badly drawn anime/manga fanart to throw off insults) 25%

– confuse (attack itself, maybe rarely heal the player; post a message in Japanese/Chinese/Korean) 15%

– “hit or miss” (make attacks by forum randomly really strong or weak; rant obnoxiously about how anime/manga and/or Japanese culture is superior) 45%

– poison (discuss about what [insert username(s) here] cosplay would be like) 40%

Thoughts? % chances are very rough.

Zi

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Pavilion Posted:

I like the idea, so I’ll try fleshing it out:

The Weeaboo clbum has to fit into a new niche; Trolls tank, Emos berserk, Camwhores spend for power, Hackers multi-equip, and Re-Res/Permanoobs just suck. I’m thinking this one could be as a mediocre stat character with some low-medium regular attacks (somewhat stronger than Hackers’Log in to see images! and powerful “status” effects (and maybe buffs) and the weakness as a moderate % chance of success. Of course, chance is dependent on forum level, own level (and maybe stats [Luck sure could serve a use]). obviously I

Regular attacks:

– discuss, suggest watching some random anime

– own cosplay and which convention

– KAWAII, DESU, etc and random emoticon (^-^ ^^ -.-” T_T)

Statuses:

– weaken (through showing childishness, large emoticon spam) 20% chance

– blind (post a badly drawn anime/manga fanart to throw off insults) 25%

– confuse (attack itself, maybe rarely heal the player; post a message in Japanese/Chinese/Korean) 15%

– “hit or miss” (make attacks by forum randomly really strong or weak; rant obnoxiously about how anime/manga and/or Japanese culture is superior) 45%

– poison (discuss about what [insert username(s) here] cosplay would be like) 40%

Thoughts? % chances are very rough.

I like your ideas about text attacks, long tirades about animu and spamming of emoticons. I also like the idea of status effects, but I’m still thinking about how they would tie in with an Otaku sensibly.

First of all, I’d like to say that Otakus are very different from Furries and Permanoobs. They could be the same as fanboys though.

Here’s my idea of Otaku

Characteristics

As the troll has the greatest defense, Otakus must also have some kind of defining trait. I’m not totally sure what it would be, however. I’m thinking maybe Otakus would be overall weaker because they have fragile egos and nobody cares about animu bull**** enough to get too annoyed. I’m thinking maybe they could regenerate their secondary stat as Otakus can seem to go on endlessly about the crap they like. Perhaps Otakus would have several attacks that create status effects becaue animu is infectious. Obviously, I agree a lot with Pavilion.

Secondary Stat: Desu

The secondary stat would be Desu because EVERY Otaku attack would have Desu at the end.

Equipment:

Otakus would equip Mangas. I’m thinking they could equip up to three or something like hackers can equip multiples. Other items I think could be figurines or very special phone charms or handheld video games. In fact, I like the idea that an Otaku can equip various Handheld technology. A cell phone is not as strong as a Handheld gaming thing, but it allows the otaku to equip up to three animu phone charms while using a gameboy-thing only allows for equiping one game.

Attack Trees

Pictorial Attacks (I can’t think of a clever name for this skill tree.

My Avatar represents me – A stupid disgustingly cute or cheesy macho avatar followed by a lengthy post about why the player chose it.

Ill-conceived Cosplay – a picture of terribly pathetic cosplay

Poor Yaoi Fanart – Man-on-man animu action as depicted by a drunk child.

That’s all I can think of right now. Thoughts?

Zi edited this message on 12/26/2008 1:33AM

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Hey guys, who’s going to AnimeIowa this year? I’ve got $400 saved up already; I’m going to buy an awesome Zangetsu replica so I can have the best Ichigo cosplay this year. Log in to see images!

Sounds cool. Be sure to post pics okay? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!