Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Speedruns get removed from the boards in two weeks?

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

I just looked at the speedrun leaderboard for Cosplay Central, and I noticed all my times from before 12/10 have been removed. That’s barely two weeks ago, and there is no reason to remove times that quickly: no major rebalancing has taken place since then.

I would like some explanation on this because this makes speedrunning entirely unrewarding.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

That’s just how it works.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It also does the reverse: It makes speed running rewarding by avoiding locking up forums for long periods of time with ridiculously fast times for even a scoop of lemon.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

You haven’t been paying attention.

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

It also does the reverse: It makes speed running rewarding by avoiding locking up forums for long periods of time with ridiculously fast times for even a scoop of lemon.

It’s unrewarding to speedrun a forum and have my time taken off the boards before I can even finish a streak.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

We managed to retain a complete history of all speedrun times before. Why not keep all the times, but only process the times over the past two weeks when calculating for lemons and job points?

This is not a good reason to just forget player achievements, unless of course a clbum has been rebalanced, and even then, it would be nicer move to retain a separate archive of the old best times.

And separate speedrun leaderboards for each clbum. Trolls currently dominate and that sucks for speedrun times themselves, job board and lemon scoops for all other clbumes.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

There could always be a individual stat for each of us to see of our single best time for each forum. Which don’t effect the lemon times of course.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 12/24/2008 11:52PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!