Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Have your say on my up and coming contest - Team Fortresswarz 2

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

If you’ve been lurking the contest boards (and I know you probably have), you might have noticed this thread amongst the mounds of “FREND ME 4 BP” and “LAST PSOT WIL WIN LOLZ” threads. Long story cut short – I was bored and wanted to play TF2 only all my favourite servers were empty. Then I had an idea to bribe you with BP and it worked very well. SimplyTHEBEST managed to impress me with his mad Pyro skills, XI managed to obliterate everyone as the Demoman, and lots of BP were earned. Now, I’m planning on organizing more contests like this. But I feel it would only be fair if I let you look this over first.

So look over this draft, tell me what you like or don’t like, what would work and what wouldn’t work, and how I can improve this contest to make it better for you.

Some notes before I start though:

Log in to see images! I have chosen TF2 because it’s an easy game for new players to pick up and it’s the only multiplayer FPS I thoroughly enjoy. I’ve considered L4D, but it’d be hard to pick out MVP’s.

Log in to see images! I believe the varied BP payout scheme works, but I’m open to more suggestions regarding payout.

Log in to see images! The depositing of BP I think may be a bit of a problem, but BP is somewhat easy to obtain with the packages offered. What do you think?

Log in to see images! How would you feel playing on a private server? Would it be more fun than playing on a public?

Here’s the draft:

Myself Posted:

You’ll need the following to take part in the contest:

Log in to see images! A legit copy of TF2 and a computer decent enough to run it

I’m also bumuming you’re familiar in gameplay too. We will play in an unoccupied server which increases your chances even if you suck.

Every time you appear on the MVP list at the end of a round, you earn a single brownie point. I will provide proof you were on this list in the form of screenshots. As the game goes on, players unaffiliated with Forumwarz will undoubtedly join, making it harder for you to maintain MVP status.

To join in, do the following:

Log in to see images! Post that you’ll be taking part, along with your steam friends name you’ll be using. To make things easier, consider changing your steam friends name to the main identity you bumume on Forumwarz

Log in to see images! Deposit 1BP into my account (it’s not as expensive as TF2, grow up)

Log in to see images! Join the server, say you’re taking part in the contest and play as normal, when 6 people connect the contest will begin

Note that I will be using a public server, so you must read their MOTD, rules and whatever the **** else, I cannot be held responsible if you cheat, micspam and so on.

So, here’s a recap of the rules and stuff:

1. Post that you’ll be taking part in this contest along with your steam friends name

2. Join the server when I post the server IP address. Expect it to be empty or with very few people connected. Remember, when 6 people connect the contest will start.

3. Play as normal, when a round ends the MVP list will pop up. I will screenshot the list to prove who was on it at the end of the round.

4. Contest will end randomly, depending on how many Forumwarz users are still on the server.

5. I cannot be held responsible for micspammers, cheaters, and anyone being an bumhole.

Thanking you in advance. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!