Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Holy **** I just watched youtubes of Majora's Mask after like 7 years of avoiding it

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

handofg0d Posted:

I hated Majora’s Mask and OoT. Am I a bad zelda fan?

Wind Waker was so much better. Also Links Awakening.

To each his own, but it may be hard for me to like you anymore with your unlove of OoT.

I’ve been stuck with GTAIV since I wrote this thread. Gotta get gta out of the way and get back into this.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

I didn’t hate OoT per se. I did hate Majora’s Mask though.

I just didn’t get the hype with OoT. I think the graphics were a big drawback for me. I thought it looked stupid back then, and it’s not something that gets better with age. Maybe a graphical upgrade would swing me differently.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

handofg0d Posted:

I didn’t hate OoT per se. I did hate Majora’s Mask though.

I just didn’t get the hype with OoT. I think the graphics were a big drawback for me. I thought it looked stupid back then, and it’s not something that gets better with age. Maybe a graphical upgrade would swing me differently.

Interesting, the graphics have a timeless charm with myself and most people I talk to about the game.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Interesting, the graphics have a timeless charm with myself and most people I talk to about the game.

Graphics are nothing for me Log in to see images!

The Holy Fail

Avatar: 100917 Sat Jan 17 01:25:32 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

handofg0d Posted:

I hated Majora’s Mask and OoT. Am I a bad zelda fan?

Wind Waker was so much better. Also Links Awakening.

Yes, you are evil and we must cleanse the world of you.

No, it’s just you prefer a different style of Zelda. The only problem I have with Windwaker (and to some extent MM) is the lack of dungeons. I liked the 3-7 system. 3 levels to begin with and then the seven ones that open up after a turning point in the game (excluding Ganon’s). This was first employed in LttP.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Am I a bad zelda fan because I hated Twilight Princess?

I dunno, it just had no pull for me. Like there were no real fun items to use besides bomb arrows. Though I will say, after a long day, it’s hard to beat loading up Twilight Princess and just bomb arrowing some keese just for the hell of it.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Fran Posted:

Graphics are nothing for me Log in to see images!

Chrono Trigger is 2d and 2d ages much better than 3d. Look at FFVI, then look at FFVII. Seven makes me want to gouge my eyes out and it was a visual masterpiece for it’s time, where as six still looks amazingly good for a 2d Super Nintendo game.

EDIT: I also love WW more than OOT, but wish it had more dungeons.

Deific Blunder edited this message on 01/14/2009 7:27PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I meant to post here the first day this thread existed but forgot.

I love Zelda madly. But the off-the-beaten-path Zeldas were always a favorite. I love the introspection of the other worlds Link travels to. Anyone else remember Links Awakening (which was AWESOME, hopeful, playful and just a bit heartbreaking).

But Majora’s Mask really strikes me as (one of) the darkest games in a fundamentally dark series. The whole game is about death. It’s all one big, profoundly sad rumination on endings. Everything in the game is about death; the four giants leaving the skull kid behind, the way the world ends, the way the mask seller leaves you along with everyone else, and the way YOU have to leave when it’s all done. It’s all about transience. And MAN, you wanna get chills? Stay until 6:00 AM the third day, that will creep you out good.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Zeta Posted:

Am I a bad zelda fan because I hated Twilight Princess?

I dunno, it just had no pull for me. Like there were no real fun items to use besides bomb arrows. Though I will say, after a long day, it’s hard to beat loading up Twilight Princess and just bomb arrowing some keese just for the hell of it.

Actually, I didn’t like TP as much as the other Zelda’s. And I like wolves! But … it just didn’t feel like a Zelda game to me… it was too different. I liked the sword fighting and all but… it wasn’t the same. Give me OoT or LttP any day.

Twinrevanoe

Level 12 Hacker

“Ohacku”

I remember playing Majora’s Mask. I finished the game, and it had this sense of urgency.

Then again, I hate some missions.

“I would give you something really cool…if the world was not ending.”

“Goddamn it.”

WoweeZowee

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Fortunato Posted:

Anyone else remember Links Awakening (which was AWESOME, hopeful, playful and just a bit heartbreaking).

As much as I love every Zelda in the series, Link’s Awakening was the first I beat, and my favorite to date. FOR ****’S SAKE, EVERYTHING IS A FREAKING DREAM, BEST ENDING EVER!Best Zelda Ever.

poierthedest-
royer

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

you avoided a game for seven years? sorry im very special explain that one further.

Miss Prince

[The House of Badfic]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I loved Link’s Awakening so much. Haven’t played that one in years. Link to the Past was great, too, and Majora’s Mask.

Am I the only one who really liked the Oracle games on the GBC? Especially Oracle of Ages.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

poierthedestroyer Posted:

you avoided a game for seven years? sorry im very special explain that one further.

I scared! But I’m a growns up nao.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!